Sponsored by: APR

New Launch - Rollbar for GT4 by CompetitionMotorsport

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2016, 10:51 AM
Buteo
Three Wheelin'

Received 41 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by CMS
Thank you. We have cleaned out PCNA of the interior panels, but have more coming via overnight from Germany for the next batch of orders.

Thank you Jeff.

We use thicker and larger material than anyone else. Our high quality 1.75" x .120" wall 4130 CrMo tubing, meets or exceeds PCA, SCCA, and NASA requirements for Time Trial racing (wheel-to-wheel racing requires a full cage). You are correct, that a cross bar will be needed for NASA TT (which can be included in the design, but isn't standard since 90%+ of people would rather have the increased visibility of the standard design without the cross bar ). Our intent was to describe the quality of the materials, but looking back on the original post, it isn't 100% clear. Hope that helps.
I'd love to see one with an X bar.
Old 06-30-2016, 03:44 PM
CMS
Former Vendor

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Buteo
I'd love to see one with an X bar.
Given the way the GT4 roll bar installs (it mounts to the top of the rear bulkhead instead of the floor pan), we believe our design with the twin supports is actually stronger than an cross-bar (which would be at a steep angle and would not direct very much force into the chassis).

However, NASA rules reading as they do -- and people having different aesthetic tastes -- we would be happy to customize a bar to suit your individual needs. Just give us a call to discuss.
Old 06-30-2016, 03:50 PM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

Received 606 Likes on 371 Posts

Originally Posted by CMS
Given the way the GT4 roll bar installs (it mounts to the top of the rear bulkhead instead of the floor pan), we believe our design with the twin supports is actually stronger than an cross-bar (which would be at a steep angle and would not direct very much force into the chassis).

However, NASA rules reading as they do -- and people having different aesthetic tastes -- we would be happy to customize a bar to suit your individual needs. Just give us a call to discuss.
What twin supports are you referring to in your bar that you think is better than what type of cross bar?
Old 07-01-2016, 04:51 PM
CMS
Former Vendor

The twin supports I'm referring to are the two diagonal supports between the harness bar and the main hoop. As opposed to a bar running diagonally from the main hoop in one corner to the lower mount in the other corner of the front assembly (i.e., not the kickers to the rear).
Old 08-23-2016, 08:35 PM
CMS
Former Vendor

More precut interior trim kits and roll bars in stock ready for powder coating. Let us know how we can help with a new CMS roll bar for your 981 finished to your spec!
Old 08-24-2016, 11:34 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,480 Likes on 2,269 Posts

Ck pm
Old 08-28-2016, 03:43 AM
Rovman
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

I like the design of this bar, just started researching bars for my GT4 and I have to say this may be the one....
Old 08-28-2016, 04:27 AM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

Received 64 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Rovman
I like the design of this bar, just started researching bars for my GT4 and I have to say this may be the one....
+1 i think is the best looking bar out there and if I ever get my car on the track !!! I would be all over this
Old 08-28-2016, 12:21 PM
Buteo
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Rovman
I just ordered this bar and have an install for Tuesday. Looks great and the guys at Competition Motorsport have been quite easy to reach. My precut trim was not included by mistake and they shipped it out next day. Great customer service.
Old 08-28-2016, 02:29 PM
Phokaioglaukos
Rennlist Member

Received 50 Likes on 35 Posts

I look forward to a user confirming proper harness geometry with the seat in the lowest position (or how high the seat must be to create the proper geometry).
Old 08-28-2016, 06:40 PM
kyrocks
Rennlist Member

Received 389 Likes on 204 Posts

I saw it today installed in a car at MSR-Cresson and the harness geometry looked great. It looked 0 degrees to me. I did not talk to the driver or ask about seat position though. I have a GMG bar and drive with the seat in the lowest position. The harnesses head slightly upwards. No question. I personally prefer the cross brace look in rear window but the CMS one looked very stealthy and visibility out rear was unobstructed. Lots of good options for bars out there. If the quality of CMS bars is the same as their exhausts (I have one for my RS) then it's top notch.

FYI, I'm not on here to sell a product, I'm just giving you my honest opinion from experience and trial and error.
Old 08-28-2016, 07:45 PM
Rovman
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

^^ thanks for the feedback man. Thinking about this bar but wanted to confirm that the belt angle would be correct. I drive with the seat as low as it will go as well.
Old 08-28-2016, 08:17 PM
gene.will
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

CMS-what's the time to powder coat and get one shipped? Still have the sale price going? Thx
Old 08-29-2016, 01:12 PM
CMS
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Crazy Eddie
+1 i think is the best looking bar out there and if I ever get my car on the track !!! I would be all over this
Thank you for the compliment

Originally Posted by Buteo
I just ordered this bar and have an install for Tuesday. Looks great and the guys at Competition Motorsport have been quite easy to reach. My precut trim was not included by mistake and they shipped it out next day. Great customer service.
Enjoy and thank you for your business

Originally Posted by gene.will
CMS-what's the time to powder coat and get one shipped? Still have the sale price going? Thx
Depending on desired color. 3-5 days.
Old 08-29-2016, 10:58 PM
Buteo
Three Wheelin'

OT: Dropped off the GT4 tonight for bar install... And well this was waiting for its new owner.

Quick Reply: New Launch - Rollbar for GT4 by CompetitionMotorsport