Sponsored by: APR

New Launch - Rollbar for GT4 by CompetitionMotorsport

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2016, 02:24 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,482 Likes on 2,269 Posts

^ mech33 is totally capable of doing that.
Old 06-17-2016, 04:56 AM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

Received 64 Likes on 47 Posts

That is one of the best looking bars I have seen
Very well thought out !!
Great job
regards
Ed
Old 06-17-2016, 08:24 AM
mrd_spy
Pro

Received 92 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by zweebach
Please get your facts correct. This is the internet and we value accuracy over speed of response.
I have it depends which hans install you read

bar still looks to high imo to get the best harness angle.
Old 06-17-2016, 01:22 PM
CMS
Former Vendor

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Some of the photos were taken with the seats all the way down so they don't block the roll bar. That makes the bar look higher than it is. The harness bars allow the driver to position his shoulder straps at the proper angle to his torso (max of 0 deg, min of -30 deg) per most harness manufacturers' instructions and sanctioning body rules specifications.

The CMS roll bar uses a slightly larger CrMo tubing and heavier wall thickness (1.75" x .120 wall) to meet the most stringent of the sanctioning bodies' (that would be NASA) requirements for Time Trials. We decided that would allow our customers an added margin of safety regardless of whether they are running in DEs or in TT competition. No roll bar is sufficient for wheel-to-wheel racing, which requires a full roll cage.

Just a bit of added information! Thanks, all, for the interest and compliments!
Old 06-17-2016, 01:26 PM
johnny2five
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CMS
We offer templates for you to cut your existing pieces or can offer you additional oem interior trim pieces precut (at an additional charge) so you can retain your oem pieces.
Can you please PM the pieces that need to be trimmed, and the price to include them along with the rollbar. Thanks!
Old 06-17-2016, 03:16 PM
drdonger
Three Wheelin'

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

Great design.
Old 06-17-2016, 11:33 PM
matttheboatman
Rennlist Member

Received 610 Likes on 235 Posts

Thank you CMS. Could you post some pictures of the attachment points without the trim. Thanks, good looking innovative solution.
Old 06-17-2016, 11:45 PM
ML///
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks so good! Totally on my list.
Old 06-28-2016, 12:27 AM
CMS
Former Vendor

Thanks everyone for the great feedback! We will try to get some photos of the attachment points in the front and rear prior to installation.

As I've looked at other bars on track-day cars lately, what strikes me is that they use smaller tubing. I hadn't noticed it until we designed and built our own. Also, I really think our welding is cleaner and smoother -- I take no credit for that, I'm a horrible welder. Our guys really took workmanship to heart, wanting to stand out from the "crowd".

Shameless plug, sure, but also my honest appraisal.
Old 06-28-2016, 12:53 AM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Received 988 Likes on 511 Posts

Nothing wrong with plugging quality and attention to detail.

I checked your site and noticed you offer Carmine Red and just about every other color. Please PM the cost of the precut panels.

Thanks
Old 06-28-2016, 01:04 AM
CMS
Former Vendor

Alan- The set of (4) precut oem panels are $199 for people who purchase our CMS rollbar.

Originally Posted by Alan C.
Nothing wrong with plugging quality and attention to detail.

I checked your site and noticed you offer Carmine Red and just about every other color. Please PM the cost of the precut panels.

Thanks
Old 06-28-2016, 01:18 AM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

Received 606 Likes on 371 Posts

Originally Posted by CMS
Alan- The set of (4) precut oem panels are $199 for people who purchase our CMS rollbar.
Nice job innovating on the install process by offering pre-cut panels so everyone can get a high-quality end result regardless of their cosmetic cutting skills.
Old 06-28-2016, 01:22 AM
altonj
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Mech33
Nice job innovating on the install process by offering pre-cut panels so everyone can get a high-quality end result regardless of their cosmetic cutting skills.
This. Excellent attention to detail that makes it easy for the end user to have a perfect install.
Old 06-28-2016, 01:50 AM
HelpMeHelpU
Rennlist Member

Received 593 Likes on 377 Posts

Originally Posted by CMS
Competition Motorsport is proud to introduce the CMS Performance Roll Bar, the strongest and safest bolt-in roll bar on the market for your Porsche 981 Cayman (base, S, GTS, and GT4).

These are some pretty hefty claims. It would be great if you could provide some factual evidence to support them.

(1) Strongest
(2) Safest
(3) "Roll bar" (...not just harness bar)

I really like the innovative design that appears to obviate the need to cut the center carpet and your offer to supply (...at a cost, which is fine) precut plastic pieces so people can retain whole originals.

Would also appreciate hearing response to previous question about the apparent need for additional cross or cris-cross support pieces, which I also thought was the case (but I am no expert....just know what I read on the notoriously unreliable Internet).

I am a customer soon for such a bar and plan to make a decision soon.

Thanks so much.
Old 06-30-2016, 10:26 AM
CMS
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Mech33
Thank you. We have cleaned out PCNA of the interior panels, but have more coming via overnight from Germany for the next batch of orders.

Originally Posted by altonj
This. Excellent attention to detail that makes it easy for the end user to have a perfect install.
Thank you Jeff.

Originally Posted by HelpMeHelpU
These are some pretty hefty claims. It would be great if you could provide some factual evidence to support them.

(1) Strongest
(2) Safest
(3) "Roll bar" (...not just harness bar)

I really like the innovative design that appears to obviate the need to cut the center carpet and your offer to supply (...at a cost, which is fine) precut plastic pieces so people can retain whole originals.

Would also appreciate hearing response to previous question about the apparent need for additional cross or cris-cross support pieces, which I also thought was the case (but I am no expert....just know what I read on the notoriously unreliable Internet).

I am a customer soon for such a bar and plan to make a decision soon.

Thanks so much.
We use thicker and larger material than anyone else. Our high quality 1.75" x .120" wall 4130 CrMo tubing, meets or exceeds PCA, SCCA, and NASA requirements for Time Trial racing (wheel-to-wheel racing requires a full cage). You are correct, that a cross bar will be needed for NASA TT (which can be included in the design, but isn't standard since 90%+ of people would rather have the increased visibility of the standard design without the cross bar ). Our intent was to describe the quality of the materials, but looking back on the original post, it isn't 100% clear. Hope that helps.

Quick Reply: New Launch - Rollbar for GT4 by CompetitionMotorsport