Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2016, 07:18 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 2,381 Likes on 637 Posts

Originally Posted by Sven76
CJ, is this the fire extinguisher which comes with the Clubsport Package (2kg) or the smaller ones which can be ordered separately (1kg). Really interested in the mounting as the mounts coming with the Clubsport Package interfere with the length adjustment of the 918 seats. Thanks Sven
This is the stock 2kg extinguisher that is hard mounted to the LWB seats at the factory. My passengers seem to fit fine- are you trying to move the seat further forward or backward?
Old 06-05-2016, 03:10 AM
Sven76
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Trying to keep the flexibility, my wife is rather small and she might not like having the seat so far back. GT4 not delivered, will come in late August (19 August built), so I still have some time figuring out how to best install the fire extinguisher.

Clubsport Package here means you have the roll cage factory installed but 6-point harness and fire extinguisher have to be installed by the dealer. And all pictures I saw so far put the fire extinguisher lengthwise in the passenger foot well. The factory delivered package does not contain any option for installing the fire extinguisher the way you have it installed.

Need to talk to my Porsche dealer to see whether he can do the same install you have
Old 06-05-2016, 04:33 PM
RENN GTS
Rennlist Member

Received 209 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by Sven76
Trying to keep the flexibility, my wife is rather small and she might not like having the seat so far back. GT4 not delivered, will come in late August (19 August built), so I still have some time figuring out how to best install the fire extinguisher.

Clubsport Package here means you have the roll cage factory installed but 6-point harness and fire extinguisher have to be installed by the dealer. And all pictures I saw so far put the fire extinguisher lengthwise in the passenger foot well. The factory delivered package does not contain any option for installing the fire extinguisher the way you have it installed.

Need to talk to my Porsche dealer to see whether he can do the same install you have
Rather strange as I was under the impression that all GT4's equipped with the fire extinguisher were configured in the same manner.
Old 06-05-2016, 05:07 PM
Sven76
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nope, that's how the Clubsport Package suggests the install:

https://www.pff.de/porsche/index.php...29-image-jpeg/
Old 06-05-2016, 06:18 PM
PistolPete
Drifting

Received 124 Likes on 53 Posts

Don't forget the Clubsport extinguisher is also a different size and possibly type (chemical used) vs the one that is optioned under the seat.
Old 06-05-2016, 11:04 PM
Dr. Ferdinand
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 129 Posts

Thx CJ - I posted this back a few days ago, very surprised it got only one reply

https://rennlist.com/forums/gt4/9364...ly-values.html

Quick Reply: not sure if you guys saw this...