Sponsored by: APR

GT4 HOSSIER R7 TRACK TEST

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2016, 01:19 AM
Humilde
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GT4 HOSSIER R7 TRACK TEST

Today i went to the track to test my new wheel and tire config this is my third set of tires and this is my conclusion
first setup - everything stock michelin cup 2 ,my time at this track was 1.40.5 (one minute 40 seconds).
second setup - front sway bar soft rear middle camber -1.5 front , front toe 0 1.0 rear rear toe slight in tires pirelli trofeo r stock sizes , best time was 1.38.6 (one minute 38 seconds) 2 seconds faster with this setup
third setup - front sway bar soft rear hard camber -1.8 front , 1.5 rear front toe 0 rear toe slight in tires hossier r7 235 35 19 front 295 30 19 rear , OZ LEGGERA wheels , 1.36.6 , seconds and that is a 4 seconds over stock config.
the cars has coob stage 2 OTS MAP and Race headers (fabspeed)
iam still learning , and iam a novice driver but i want to tell you guys this ; the hossier tires are a huge improvement in braking the car feels very VERY fast, it is getting similar and faster times compared to ferrari 458 Italia , Mclaren 650 with R tires and 997.2 GT3 with hossiers

Last edited by Humilde; 05-15-2016 at 08:21 AM.
Old 05-15-2016, 08:18 AM
Humilde
Intermediate

The Fitment of the oz wheel is tight but works , i decide to balance the wheel installing the weights from outside ,
At the track the 19 inch change de gear ratio of the car it feels different more agile in my casi getting out slow corners . Also the weight of the wheel and tires has improve helping rotational mass. 18 inch wheel will give me the perfect gear ratio and rotatioanal mass for this track . For now the oz 19 inch is the best deal

Old 05-15-2016, 09:43 PM
paradocs98
Rennlist Member

Received 371 Likes on 174 Posts

Thanks for posting. Good to have data points of difference between PSC2s, Trofeo Rs and Hoosiers on another track.

Some unsolicited advice--if you're a novice driver, it would be better to get a lot of experience first on regular street tires, even something less aggressive than the stock Sport Cup 2s. Consider Pilot Super Sports for 20-30 trackdays until you're comfortable with feeling the edge of traction and consistently able to recover from sliding. Then you can move on to an R comp such as the Sport Cup 2s and Trofeos and eventually Hoosiers. Hoosiers mask mistakes in driving until a high limit is reached, and then bad things can happen. They grip so much they'll make you feel like a hero until you reach the limits of traction without realizing it and then start abruptly sliding...and then you won't feel like so much of a hero. Also, I would shut off the music so you can concentrate on driving.
Old 05-15-2016, 10:12 PM
Humilde
Intermediate

Originally Posted by paradocs98
Thanks for posting. Good to have data points of difference between PSC2s, Trofeo Rs and Hoosiers on another track.

Some unsolicited advice--if you're a novice driver, it would be better to get a lot of experience first on regular street tires, even something less aggressive than the stock Sport Cup 2s. Consider Pilot Super Sports for 20-30 trackdays until you're comfortable with feeling the edge of traction and consistently able to recover from sliding. Then you can move on to an R comp such as the Sport Cup 2s and Trofeos and eventually Hoosiers. Hoosiers mask mistakes in driving until a high limit is reached, and then bad things can happen. They grip so much they'll make you feel like a hero until you reach the limits of traction without realizing it and then start abruptly sliding...and then you won't feel like so much of a hero. Also, I would shut off the music so you can concentrate on driving.
Thanks , good advice i was testing the hossier for a time attack event that i want to attend with those tires , but yes you are right i need to practice with a normal street compound first , i always track with nannys on and try no to risk that much .
i didnt notice the radio was on until i saw the video .
Thanks a lot for the encouragement
Old 05-16-2016, 07:15 AM
paradocs98
Rennlist Member

Received 371 Likes on 174 Posts

Enjoy the car and keep us updated.
Old 05-16-2016, 09:42 AM
Vintage72
Burning Brakes

Received 399 Likes on 199 Posts

so much fun - thank you for the information
Old 05-16-2016, 02:56 PM
thigos
Rennlist Member

Received 338 Likes on 204 Posts

Awesome Setup!! Consider me jealous. Still trying to decide whether to go with OZ wheels or a custom set for a wider front wheel.
Old 05-16-2016, 08:23 PM
Humilde
Intermediate

Originally Posted by thigos
Awesome Setup!! Consider me jealous. Still trying to decide whether to go with OZ wheels or a custom set for a wider front wheel.
Thanks
I really like the fit of the 235-35-19 r7 tire in the front it is a perfect match to the 8.5 inch oz wheel ,hossier tire tend to run wide

Quick Reply: GT4 HOSSIER R7 TRACK TEST