Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: APR

Cargraphic Headers. Whose got em?

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2017, 06:12 PM
cox1974
Rennlist Member

Received 121 Likes on 65 Posts

I'm going to install the race headers... so the best choice is to remove the o2 sensors completely?
Old 06-26-2017, 06:59 PM
d00d
Rennlist Member

Received 275 Likes on 180 Posts

Old 06-26-2017, 09:59 PM
ShakeNBake
Rennlist Member

Received 939 Likes on 544 Posts

If you're ordering from BGB, best to ask them directly. That's what I was told.
Old 06-27-2017, 02:53 AM
cox1974
Rennlist Member

Okkk... thanks
Old 06-27-2017, 11:02 AM
Bimmerschnitzel
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cox1974
I'm going to install the race headers... so the best choice is to remove the o2 sensors completely?
I've reached out to multiple vendors asking what should be done in this instance if you want to avoid a CEL via a software flash and the consensus is the exact opposite of what BGB is saying to do, which is odd since they are the primary vendor for Cargraphic headers. Anyway, apparently the CEL that is triggered if the O2 sensors fail initialization (ie: the downstream O2 sensor is completely disconnected) cannot be rectified by a software flash. However a CEL triggered by out of range values by a downstream O2 sensor can be fixed. This is particularity annoying since it suggests you have to manually tap into the Cargraphic race headers to add another O2 sensor bung or "hang" them out of the way. That begs the question why the Cargraphic races headers were engendered like that. I'm guessing they were truly engineered for hardcore race cars with standalone ECUs?

Who knows, take what I said with a grain of salt since all this info came from who could be considered "competitors" of BGB. Someone is right, and someone is wrong or misinformed, I just want to know who.

If anyone knows a software tune that can take care of a CEL caused by a completely disconnected downstream O2 sensor, please let me know. That's the route I'd like to take.
Old 06-27-2017, 11:48 AM
thigos
Rennlist Member

Received 338 Likes on 204 Posts

Originally Posted by Bimmerschnitzel
I've reached out to multiple vendors asking what should be done in this instance if you want to avoid a CEL via a software flash and the consensus is the exact opposite of what BGB is saying to do, which is odd since they are the primary vendor for Cargraphic headers. Anyway, apparently the CEL that is triggered if the O2 sensors fail initialization (ie: the downstream O2 sensor is completely disconnected) cannot be rectified by a software flash. However a CEL triggered by out of range values by a downstream O2 sensor can be fixed. This is particularity annoying since it suggests you have to manually tap into the Cargraphic race headers to add another O2 sensor bung or "hang" them out of the way. That begs the question why the Cargraphic races headers were engendered like that. I'm guessing they were truly engineered for hardcore race cars with standalone ECUs?

Who knows, take what I said with a grain of salt since all this info came from who could be considered "competitors" of BGB. Someone is right, and someone is wrong or misinformed, I just want to know who.

If anyone knows a software tune that can take care of a CEL caused by a completely disconnected downstream O2 sensor, please let me know. That's the route I'd like to take.
Cargraphic race with removed downstream o2 sensors and Cobb tune doesn't throw a CEL. This is the setup I have. I believe the secondary o2s are disabled completely with the tune. Give BGB a call if you like. Nothing to worry about
Old 06-27-2017, 12:39 PM
BGB Motorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 591 Likes on 261 Posts

For race cars that are not going on the road the approach we use is to remove the post cat O2 sensor. I originally had intended to cut a hole in the stock axle pipe of the PSE and add a sensor but upon realizing that the information i had was wrong and upon realizing that i could turn off any CELs by completely removing the post cat O2 sensor from the harness, i have used this approach now for over a year. Some customers like the stock Porsche Sport Exhaust muffler setup because of the sound and how the additional muffling allows them to be quiet in the paddock and loud on the race track so they like this combination. I don't recommend drilling and tapping the stock exhaust to add back the secondary O2 sensor because plugging in that sensor will trigger the CEL of a different variety and there's no cat to measure pre & post cat exhaust temp. Again, this is what i suggest for cars going on track with a race manifold set; I cannot suggest this for the street because deleting cats and removing O2 sensors is a violation of EPA rules.
Old 06-27-2017, 02:49 PM
cox1974
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by BGB Motorsports
For race cars that are not going on the road the approach we use is to remove the post cat O2 sensor. I originally had intended to cut a hole in the stock axle pipe of the PSE and add a sensor but upon realizing that the information i had was wrong and upon realizing that i could turn off any CELs by completely removing the post cat O2 sensor from the harness, i have used this approach now for over a year. Some customers like the stock Porsche Sport Exhaust muffler setup because of the sound and how the additional muffling allows them to be quiet in the paddock and loud on the race track so they like this combination. I don't recommend drilling and tapping the stock exhaust to add back the secondary O2 sensor because plugging in that sensor will trigger the CEL of a different variety and there's no cat to measure pre & post cat exhaust temp. Again, this is what i suggest for cars going on track with a race manifold set; I cannot suggest this for the street because deleting cats and removing O2 sensors is a violation of EPA rules.
John i wrote you an email
Old 08-11-2017, 09:10 AM
gauvinra
Intermediate

Im interested in a set of used sport headers if anyone upgraded to the race headers and wants to sell their sports. Thanks!

Rich
Old 08-14-2017, 01:07 PM
thigos
Rennlist Member

Received 338 Likes on 204 Posts

Originally Posted by gauvinra
Im interested in a set of used sport headers if anyone upgraded to the race headers and wants to sell their sports. Thanks!

Rich
https://rennlist.com/forums/gt4/1001...t-headers.html
Old 08-14-2017, 03:38 PM
user1029
Rennlist Member

Received 553 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by d00d
Old 08-14-2017, 04:07 PM
gauvinra
Intermediate

Thanks but looking for cargraphics not fabspeed. i should have been more specific.

Rich
Old 10-10-2017, 10:23 AM
BGB Motorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 591 Likes on 261 Posts

Hey guys, we have a few sets of 981 GT4/Spyder Sport Headers in stock! We will be offering free shipping in the US on the remaining sets in inventory.

http://www.teambgb.com/CARGRAPHIC-98...p81fkrobd2.htm

Wray
Attached Images     
Old 10-10-2017, 10:58 AM
Peter_GT4
Advanced

Received 73 Likes on 17 Posts

What´s the deal with the additional bracket/support for the cats? Is this a new feature? Does look a bit like retrofit when compared to the otherwise fine workmanship

Peter
Old 10-10-2017, 05:06 PM
supercup
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by Peter_GT4
What´s the deal with the additional bracket/support for the cats? Is this a new feature? Does look a bit like retrofit when compared to the otherwise fine workmanship

Peter
Also interested in this - are these the ones with the optional cat delete for track use only and cat for the street?

Here is what mine look like from first BGB group buy.
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Cargraphic Headers. Whose got em?