Sponsored by: APR

Cargraphic Headers. Whose got em?

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2017, 08:39 PM
jmartpr
Rennlist Member

Received 1,457 Likes on 909 Posts

Originally Posted by lorennauto
I would love too! I haven't decided yet if I want to jeopardize the warranty. For now, I am just leaving the ECU stock and happy with the extra gains (especially the torque) the headers gave me. And that was the point of the post (to show that the headers alone are beneficial). Yes, add a tune and more goodies with an amazing shop like BGB, and you can drive out of there with 100 plus HP/Torque smooth Dyno gains ;-)...with no regrets!

The good thing about the COBB AP is that you can uninstall yourself if you have to claim any engine related warranty. I drove my GT4 with Cargraphics sport headers and their Cup racing exhaust for quite a long time. When we did the COBB we found out the car was very lean...after a ProTune we picked up quite a few ponies. John is working right now on the latest ProTune for my car since I added all the intake side goodies and he really outdid this time...car drive like a stock car no fuzz or problems. Final adjustments and is off to the dyno to see where we stand.
Old 06-14-2017, 08:16 AM
BGB Motorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 591 Likes on 261 Posts

Originally Posted by jmartpr
The good thing about the COBB AP is that you can uninstall yourself if you have to claim any engine related warranty. I drove my GT4 with Cargraphics sport headers and their Cup racing exhaust for quite a long time. When we did the COBB we found out the car was very lean...after a ProTune we picked up quite a few ponies. John is working right now on the latest ProTune for my car since I added all the intake side goodies and he really outdid this time...car drive like a stock car no fuzz or problems. Final adjustments and is off to the dyno to see where we stand.
Looking forward to the dyno runs buddy but we know what the tune makes. My goal on these cars is drivability, creating a smooth power curve and a map that doesn't need to have your car running on the ragged edge of knock to make power. It's funny...when the logs to me look good, I can tell what your reaction is going to be and when it was so good you had to call internationally to rave about how good it felt, I knew the logs would look great & I figured that's a good stopping point!

Thanks!
Old 06-14-2017, 02:58 PM
cox1974
Rennlist Member

Received 121 Likes on 65 Posts

great!!!!!!!!
Ciao John ;-)
Old 06-15-2017, 03:24 AM
GT4_Driver
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jmartpr
The good thing about the COBB AP is that you can uninstall yourself if you have to claim any engine related warranty.
Sure. But the first thing that Porsche does is counting how often the controller has been flashed. They are running a software that discovers the obvious. If the car has been flashed a couple of times you can be assured that they will deny any warranty, in particular when the engine as such has a defect.
Old 06-15-2017, 04:01 AM
mungee
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You better send me the ECU tune then mate...Looking at the new headers it means you can change maps...IE. Catted map for the street then when we go tracking I can swap over to the catless map, yes?

Is the 15hp worth the trouble each time? Plus it seems new gaskets woudl be required every couple of changes...

I used to swap my Cayman R rear muffler each time i went to the track, from the Supercup version to Maxflo muffler for the street...Could do it 15mins I got it down to a fine art.

Originally Posted by BGB Motorsports
Looking forward to the dyno runs buddy but we know what the tune makes. My goal on these cars is drivability, creating a smooth power curve and a map that doesn't need to have your car running on the ragged edge of knock to make power. It's funny...when the logs to me look good, I can tell what your reaction is going to be and when it was so good you had to call internationally to rave about how good it felt, I knew the logs would look great & I figured that's a good stopping point!

Thanks!
Old 06-15-2017, 08:16 AM
jmartpr
Rennlist Member

Received 1,457 Likes on 909 Posts

Originally Posted by GT4_Driver
Sure. But the first thing that Porsche does is counting how often the controller has been flashed. They are running a software that discovers the obvious. If the car has been flashed a couple of times you can be assured that they will deny any warranty, in particular when the engine as such has a defect.

Yes, initially that was a problem but the latest COBB update to the AP eliminates this problem...
Old 06-15-2017, 08:27 AM
d00d
Rennlist Member

Received 275 Likes on 180 Posts

COBB's update fixed an issue where the flash counter would register multiple for just one flash.
They may be working on a further fix to not increment the flash counter at all, hope so.
Old 06-17-2017, 08:17 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,387 Likes on 720 Posts

Not to get off topic but has there been any legit engine failures documented on a GT4?? I was just thinking i have not heard of any. My car has been flawless for over a year and 5000 miles
Old 06-17-2017, 09:24 PM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Received 988 Likes on 511 Posts

14 months and 12,000 miles without any issues. No problems with my 09 Carrera S or 11 GTS which are pretty much the same architecture. Can't say the same for my 10 or 15 GT3.
Old 06-18-2017, 12:31 AM
user1029
Rennlist Member

Received 553 Likes on 269 Posts

My friend already has 11,000 miles and around 8,000 of those miles as "stage 2"
Old 06-18-2017, 12:40 PM
CarAholic
Rennlist Member

Received 168 Likes on 107 Posts

Had 20,000 on my gt4 with cartographic headers and no problems what soever
Old 06-19-2017, 02:31 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,801 Likes on 2,167 Posts

Originally Posted by CarAholic
Had 20,000 on my gt4 with cartographic headers and no problems what soever
Oh man, I only have 19,000 miles...I need to drive more to catch up.
Old 06-21-2017, 10:33 AM
BGB Motorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 591 Likes on 261 Posts

Race or Sport Manifolds, anyone?

In stock and ready to ship!
Attached Images   
Old 06-24-2017, 02:12 PM
Bimmerschnitzel
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BRNGT4
I have the race header (one piece) and the install is fairly straightforward. I suggest you use a new gasket (the one between the head and the header) as mine leaked when i first installed it with the used gasket. Also the header did not come with nuts and bolts for the connection to the exhaust system. Had to source those myself. Another observation was that the header only had a provision for one O2 sensor. I initially ran the car with only the precat sensor installed and the post cat sensors disconnected. I have (based on advice) since welded in extra bungs and reinstalled the post cat sensors.

The sound at idle and part throttle is surprisingly the same as stock HOWEVER the minute you push the throttle all gates of hell break loose.. during a recent track event with super and hyper cars present i was told my GT4 attracted more people to the main straight than any other car all due to the sound. Anyone that tells you a race header at full throttle is only slightly more than stock is not being truthful.

Performance, on the dyno the race header, plenum, throttlebody, and tune gave about 25whp. Currently my car is putting 368whp.

BRNGT4, why was it suggested to you to weld in a bung for the secondary O2 sensors for a catless header? I've noticed some people are suggesting to do this but I can't get a good reason why. Can't the aftermarket tuners (Cobb, FVD, Softronic, etc) tune out the completely removed downstream O2 sensor, eliminating the CEL and the need for the secondary O2 sensor? I can't imagine the secondary sensor is used for A/F ratio measuring...
Old 06-24-2017, 04:05 PM
ShakeNBake
Rennlist Member

Received 939 Likes on 544 Posts

The correct method according to John is to disconnect the secondary sensors all together, otherwise the car throws angry error codes. I don't know if you also need a tune to avoid limp mode....

Quick Reply: Cargraphic Headers. Whose got em?