Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: APR

Cargraphic Headers. Whose got em?

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2016, 12:40 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,383 Likes on 719 Posts

Those are purdy -I think if you are tracking/racing it makes a lot of sense. I do not think for the street use it is necessary although I still sent my headers to Swain and I will be only using it for the street. Supposedly from locking in the heat you can optimize the HP gains but whether that has been proven I do not know.
Old 06-09-2016, 03:26 PM
BGB Motorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 590 Likes on 260 Posts

I checked my notes and the most recent complete exhaust system we sent was about $750 to have coated; it was manifolds AND mufflers. Someone asked today as to whether or not this is necessary for the street and I told him that it's all done to try and reduce engine oil temps. You're essentially trying to dissipate the heat radiating into the engine bay by coating things. you will run a bit cooler if you don't have cats but the reality is that it's the sustained RPMS from 6K to 8K RPM that are what create the heat. For the street, you will be fine BUT if you're looking to reduce engine bay temps, this seems to be the best way.
Old 06-09-2016, 05:26 PM
Ferrarisimo
Burning Brakes

Received 53 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by BGB Motorsports
I checked my notes and the most recent complete exhaust system we sent was about $750 to have coated; it was manifolds AND mufflers. Someone asked today as to whether or not this is necessary for the street and I told him that it's all done to try and reduce engine oil temps. You're essentially trying to dissipate the heat radiating into the engine bay by coating things. you will run a bit cooler if you don't have cats but the reality is that it's the sustained RPMS from 6K to 8K RPM that are what create the heat. For the street, you will be fine BUT if you're looking to reduce engine bay temps, this seems to be the best way.
Someone asked this earlier and I don't think it was answered, but where does the heat go? It has to go somewhere. Hotter exhaust gasses?
Old 06-09-2016, 07:30 PM
jmartpr
Rennlist Member

Received 1,453 Likes on 906 Posts

Originally Posted by Ferrarisimo
Someone asked this earlier and I don't think it was answered, but where does the heat go? It has to go somewhere. Hotter exhaust gasses?

Some is retained inside the exhaust system but most is expelled out back (yes, hotter exhaust gasses). The theory is that by containing as much heat as you can on the gasses you increase exhaust gas velocity. You also diminish considerable radiant heat into any surrounding area and air/space.
Old 06-15-2016, 09:21 PM
Bardman
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

These just arrived at the shop! They are off now to get ceramic coated and will be fitted in 2 weeks time!

Name:  5ZUGzt5.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  1,005.9 KB

Name:  q9plhc1.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  924.8 KB

Name:  0ucKBNX.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  951.8 KB
Old 06-15-2016, 10:20 PM
cooperyau
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cargraphic Racer X Exhaust

FS: Cargraphic Racer X Exhaust & Flex Pipe (no headers). For all your track junkies, this exhaust system might suit you guys best. I decided to just stick to the race headers with pse for the street. The exhaust and flex pipe are brand new never installed. You can have it for what I paid for at msrp and I will cover the shipping to you here in the U.S.
Attached Images  
Old 06-17-2016, 02:58 PM
BGB Motorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

UPDATE: I have asked Cargraphic for a detailed update as to what has shipped and what has not. We also have a personnel change in the office which has left me to manage both sides of the store but Monday I have a new employee starting who actually comes from a well known vendor who sells on these very forums. Help is on the way folks!

@Cooperyau - I found a buyer for that system and have a need for it and I have a deal to offer you for a credit on discounted upgrades for the GT4 to drop lap times on 495!
Old 06-17-2016, 03:05 PM
cooperyau
Instructor

Thanks John. I will pm you offline to coordinate.

@Cooperyau - I found a buyer for that system and have a need for it and I have a deal to offer you for a credit on discounted upgrades for the GT4 to drop lap times on 495![/QUOTE]
Old 06-18-2016, 01:14 AM
skxf430
Rennlist Member

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

In theory, ceramic coating may even help keep tranny/diff temps down a bit too.
Old 06-18-2016, 02:47 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,793 Likes on 2,161 Posts

I was going to ask when my headers would come in. I'll probably send them off to get coated too. I'm going to have the lightweight flywheel and Guard diff installed when I install these headers.
Old 06-20-2016, 01:30 PM
BGB Motorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

UPDATE: Spoke with Cargraphic this morning, and they are expecting all units to ship in about 2 weeks.

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
I was going to ask when my headers would come in. I'll probably send them off to get coated too. I'm going to have the lightweight flywheel and Guard diff installed when I install these headers.
i will stay on them as i realize it's been 3 weeks. They wanted to do the entire group buy order at once in manufacturing and i agreed because this way we don't have to determine a pecking order for shipment. i appreciate your patience. i can have Wray ping them again next week. For those that don't know, we have a new sales person in the office that has worked for an existing wheel vendor for nearly 5 years and has a lot more forum experience so the updates should be less sparse going forward. if you have questions and you can't ever reach me via phone, give Wray a call at the shop and he can assist you with whatever you need.

Last edited by BGB Motorsports; 06-21-2016 at 08:57 AM.
Old 06-21-2016, 09:59 PM
Mandaguy
Track Day

bump. waiting, waiting ...
Old 06-22-2016, 02:35 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,793 Likes on 2,161 Posts

UPDATE: Spoke with Cargraphic this morning, and they are expecting all units to ship in about 2 weeks.

i will stay on them as i realize it's been 3 weeks. They wanted to do the entire group buy order at once in manufacturing and i agreed because this way we don't have to determine a pecking order for shipment. i appreciate your patience. i can have Wray ping them again next week. For those that don't know, we have a new sales person in the office that has worked for an existing wheel vendor for nearly 5 years and has a lot more forum experience so the updates should be less sparse going forward. if you have questions and you can't ever reach me via phone, give Wray a call at the shop and he can assist you with whatever you need.
Are the headers being shipped directly from Cargraphic to me or to BGB and then to me?
Old 06-22-2016, 09:32 AM
cooperyau
Instructor

John@BGB. The Racer X exhaust and Flex Pipe have been shipped back to you this morning. Best of luck on your customer's build His car will sound insane on the track! ;-P

UPDATE: I have asked Cargraphic for a detailed update as to what has shipped and what has not. We also have a personnel change in the office which has left me to manage both sides of the store but Monday I have a new employee starting who actually comes from a well known vendor who sells on these very forums. Help is on the way folks!

@Cooperyau - I found a buyer for that system and have a need for it and I have a deal to offer you for a credit on discounted upgrades for the GT4 to drop lap times on 495!
Old 06-22-2016, 11:29 AM
supercup
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
Are the headers being shipped directly from Cargraphic to me or to BGB and then to me?
I was told when I ordered they would come direct to us from Cargraphic - they would not go to BGB first, to limit handling and expedite shipping to us.

Quick Reply: Cargraphic Headers. Whose got em?