GT4/Spyder Discussions about the 981 GT4/Spyder
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: APR

430/360 v GT4

Old 05-11-2016, 09:06 PM
bobbyd
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have had them all, 355, 360, Challenge Stradale, Scuderia, 458 - as well as 996 and 997 GT3's and now a GT4. The GT4 is actually a faster car than the 360 in all situations, and faster than a 430 except straight line top end. The GT4 is much more usable than either Ferrari. It is new and will be more reliable. They can all be tracked but the GT4 will dust either Ferrari, and will be cheaper to run.

While the GT4is super fun to drive, it will never have the sense of occasion that a Ferrari has. This is true even of an RS in comparison to, say, a 458.

Bottom line is they complement each other but as they say "no substitute "
Old 05-12-2016, 01:33 PM
etp
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Agree with @bobbyd. I have both (GT4 and 430) and they are so different it really isn't fair to compare them.

With the top down the 430 just wails and is a beauty to behold ... and while I don't disagree that the transmission is, uh, interesting, the jolt of adrenaline I still get every time I run towards the redline and pull the paddle, slamming my body back and forth in the seat, is worth the price of admission. The technology may seem dated compare to PDK, but for what it is ... it is awesome.

Great, now you have made me want to go pull out the 430 LOL (shown here with wife behind the wheel.)
Attached Images  
Old 05-12-2016, 01:38 PM
zirrah
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by etp
Agree with @bobbyd. I have both (GT4 and 430) and they are so different it really isn't fair to compare them.

With the top down the 430 just wails and is a beauty to behold ... and while I don't disagree that the transmission is, uh, interesting, the jolt of adrenaline I still get every time I run towards the redline and pull the paddle, slamming my body back and forth in the seat, is worth the price of admission. The technology may seem dated compare to PDK, but for what it is ... it is awesome.

Great, now you have made me want to go pull out the 430 LOL (shown here with wife behind the wheel.)
Absolutely. Ferrari's are purely emotional cars, the F430 (especially a Spyder) is a perfect example of that. It maybe is not engineered to the 9's like a Porsche, but reaches out and grabs your heart with the looks body and sound of the engine. That's what they do to me anyway.
Old 05-12-2016, 02:28 PM
981spyder
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't like this guy , but maybe it will help...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 430/360 v GT4