Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: APR

Experiment - GT4 Track Setup Wiki:

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2018, 03:00 PM
ShakeNBake
Rennlist Member

Received 938 Likes on 543 Posts

+1 hard to go wrong with cantrell's parts. Schroth makes a specific belt setup for the Porsche buckets, I think it's identified as a "GT3" system. It's unique because of the way it attaches to the factory belt anchors. Without that it's kinda hard to get it to work. Make sure to get the hans compatible belts (2") as many DE clubs (at least PCA) will require a Hans to be worn by both driver and passenger in a car with belts next year.

https://www.hmsmotorsport.com/produc...nessbelts#3468

Cheers!
Old 12-31-2018, 02:29 PM
Dan991C4
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Since there is no sub strap pass through hole on the passenger CF Buckets seat, there is the option go with the Schroth 4 point Profi II ASM (Anti-SubMarining) belt system. I need to check the SCCA and PCA on Track Day rules for this. I recall both passenger and driver need the same type seat belt. I mainly want to be planted firming in the seat for focusing on corners.

These ASM belts have an extra fold of material sewn into the right shoulder belt that elongates at a different rate than the outboard belt. This allows your upper torso to twist slightly. On the rebound phase, your torso is planted firmly back in the seat rather than allowed to slide under the lap belt.

ASM test video (looks like it works) -

Very good discussion on harness options here- Thanks!
Old 12-31-2018, 04:01 PM
ajw45
Three Wheelin'

Received 318 Likes on 168 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan991C4
Since there is no sub strap pass through hole on the passenger CF Buckets seat, there is the option go with the Schroth 4 point Profi II ASM (Anti-SubMarining) belt system. I need to check the SCCA and PCA on Track Day rules for this. I recall both passenger and driver need the same type seat belt. I mainly want to be planted firming in the seat for focusing on corners.

These ASM belts have an extra fold of material sewn into the right shoulder belt that elongates at a different rate than the outboard belt. This allows your upper torso to twist slightly. On the rebound phase, your torso is planted firmly back in the seat rather than allowed to slide under the lap belt.

ASM test video (looks like it works) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nsg_ze-CG8

Ah, that's A good point. I've never driven with PCA but I remember hearing they won't pass you for tech if you cut the passenger side lwbs for a 6pt. Seems like a silly rule but worth checking to see if that's still a thing. Schroth does make a GT3 version of the 4pt with ASM to fit the lwbs as well so that's a great option too.
Old 01-02-2019, 05:26 PM
GTS_Ninja
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Very nice looking setup in your GT4 and thanks! I see Brey Krause has all the lap belt and sub-belt connection parts I need, My GT4 has the CF Buckets too so getting the seat to fully roll back for easy vehicle entry and exit was a concern.

*Which under-seat rail sub-belt connection option did you use? It looks like there are some options our manual seat slider used for the CF Buckets.
Great to see movement in this thread again!

How tall are you?

The reason I ask is bc the BK favors a taller driver. Bc of where the mounts are (quite high compared to all the mount points for harness bars), even if you bracket to the lower mounting point, to get proper 0 to -20deg (you will be wearing a HANS, I hope) you need to raise the seat quite a bit to get the proper angles. While a higher seat isn't the worst thing, most drivers might not feel comfortable be so high up. If you are under 5'8" I would say get a bar. But if taller than that, you are all good.
Old 01-06-2019, 05:47 PM
67greengt
Track Day

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Great setup!! I have been looking for something to let me run harness without putting a bar in the car. I'm assuming you need to cut some slits into the back panel to make it work? Is there anything else to consider on this type of setup??

Thanks for the help
Tom

Originally Posted by ajw45
Congrats! If you are looking for a harness mount w/o a roof support the Brey Krause mounts are hard to beat:

https://www.bkauto.com/R_1046_Should...t_p/r-1046.htm

They mount behind the seats to the cross member so you don't need to run a separate bar which makes for a cleaner install and doesn't take as much room behind the seats. I installed mine with an additional custom roll hoop

Old 01-06-2019, 09:14 PM
Dan991C4
Intermediate

I'm 5' 10" so it sounds like these harness belt mounts might work. I appreciate the response as I was taking measurement to see it these devices would be within the correct shoulder hight and angle. I remember reading something about there is a risk from putting pressure and compressing your spine during normal driving it the belts aren't nearly level coming off your shoulders.

Right now I have a new priority, I've developed those pesky cracks in my front brake rotors cross drilled holes. I researching into the non-drilled rotors that have cut groves instead of holes and cooling blades between the disks. I read the OEM brake rotor cracks are quite common on the GT3 showing up in just a couple of track days.

Last edited by Dan991C4; 01-06-2019 at 09:17 PM. Reason: typo
Old 01-06-2019, 09:41 PM
ajw45
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by 67greengt
Great setup!! I have been looking for something to let me run harness without putting a bar in the car. I'm assuming you need to cut some slits into the back panel to make it work? Is there anything else to consider on this type of setup??

Thanks for the help
Tom
Yup! Just needs a few spots cut through the padding and you will need some additional hardware to get the belts attached. On the BK site they recommend the schroth b24 bracket and I think I needed a slider (lv10 or lv17 on the schroth site) to get the belts wrapped tight to the mounts.
Old 01-06-2019, 09:45 PM
ajw45
Three Wheelin'

I'm 5' 10" so it sounds like these harness belt mounts might work. I appreciate the response as I was taking measurement to see it these devices would be within the correct shoulder hight and angle. I remember reading something about there is a risk from putting pressure and compressing your spine during normal driving it the belts aren't nearly level coming off your shoulders.
FWIW I'm 5'10", have the seats in the lowest position, and run the shoulder belts through the upper holes on the lwbs and the angle of the shoulder straps is fine.
Old 01-07-2019, 11:07 AM
GTS_Ninja
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by ajw45
Yup! Just needs a few spots cut through the padding and you will need some additional hardware to get the belts attached. On the BK site they recommend the schroth b24 bracket and I think I needed a slider (lv10 or lv17 on the schroth site) to get the belts wrapped tight to the mounts.
LV10 is the SIMPLEST way to do this, but not the safest wrap. In the worst case scenario, there is much more micro-slippage with an LV10, than there would be with the LV17 (virtually none) wrap. But I will say from experience that the LV17 to the B24 bracket through the cut carpet is a much more tedious exercise, but worth it in the end. Regardless of the bracket, I have seen tons of poor installs from wrong shoulder harnesses (mistaken L for R), incorrect angles, and incorrect yoke measurement.

BTW ajw45, not sure if you noticed... but your belts are not all that tight to the B24 bracket. I would get the LV10 tighter to the B24 if I were you.
Old 01-09-2019, 05:22 PM
ajw45
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by GTS_Ninja
LV10 is the SIMPLEST way to do this, but not the safest wrap. In the worst case scenario, there is much more micro-slippage with an LV10, than there would be with the LV17 (virtually none) wrap. But I will say from experience that the LV17 to the B24 bracket through the cut carpet is a much more tedious exercise, but worth it in the end. Regardless of the bracket, I have seen tons of poor installs from wrong shoulder harnesses (mistaken L for R), incorrect angles, and incorrect yoke measurement.

BTW ajw45, not sure if you noticed... but your belts are not all that tight to the B24 bracket. I would get the LV10 tighter to the B24 if I were you.
Ah, yeah there is some space between the two brackets. I didn't realize the two brackets should get snugged up together, thanks!
Old 03-11-2019, 06:27 PM
Anu2g
Rennlist Member

Received 109 Likes on 69 Posts

ASM test video (looks like it works) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nsg_ze-CG8

It's a relatively simple mod to add the sub strap passthrough hole on the passenger seat; it's already marked up for where to cut. I don't trust myself to do that myself, though.
Old 03-24-2019, 05:59 PM
Ga996 tt
2nd Gear

Default 996 turbo ats wheels

Hi again. I am from Greece and I want to find wheels 9ff center lock (ats)
Old 03-27-2019, 02:20 PM
TAI2
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Careful in cutting your seat. That's a non-starter for some clubs.
Old 04-04-2019, 05:45 PM
CME
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 156 Likes on 71 Posts
Default Cantrell with Schroth 4-points

I decided to go with the Cantrell bar and the Schroth Porsche 4-point belts on both sides. These are made for the LWB seats and are approved for PCA DE and other organizers as well. My choice for Cantrell was based on the placement of the rear crossbar for correct alignment of the shoulder belts. I went with the 4-points as I did not want to cut a hold in the passenger seat and drive around with the lower lap belt on a regular basis. You can also just slip the harnesses to the sides and back when on the street. I think the install came out pretty nice and clean.
Chet

The following users liked this post:
xller8 (12-28-2019)
Old 04-04-2019, 07:47 PM
Phokaioglaukos
Rennlist Member

Received 50 Likes on 35 Posts

That's a first class installation!

Quick Reply: Experiment - GT4 Track Setup Wiki: