Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: APR

nano coating on Xpel

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2016, 09:37 AM
tstafford
Race Car

Received 1,083 Likes on 621 Posts

Another data point - My detailer likes Opti Pro Plus. He applied it to my GT4 Saturday, the car is getting XPEL on the front today and then my Opti again on top of that.

I've had the Opti (no film) on my Tesla and I love it.
Old 05-17-2016, 12:06 PM
Detailed Designs
Burning Brakes

Received 51 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by tstafford
Another data point - My detailer likes Opti Pro Plus. He applied it to my GT4 Saturday, the car is getting XPEL on the front today and then my Opti again on top of that.

I've had the Opti (no film) on my Tesla and I love it.
If I understand you right, you are saying you will have ocp under the film, yes?

I advise you not do this. Xpel also advises you not do this. It will not void your warranty but it is advised to not do this: http://www.xpel.com/paint-protection...questions-faq/

Last edited by Detailed Designs; 05-17-2016 at 02:09 PM.
Old 05-17-2016, 12:10 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,388 Likes on 720 Posts

Has anyone heard of using Cquartz on the windows. I hear it is quite effective and safe.

Any comments on this would be appreciated.
Old 05-17-2016, 06:07 PM
tstafford
Race Car

Received 1,083 Likes on 621 Posts

Originally Posted by Detailed Designs
If I understand you right, you are saying you will have ocp under the film, yes?

I advise you not do this. Xpel also advises you not do this. It will not void your warranty but it is advised to not do this: http://www.xpel.com/paint-protection...questions-faq/
Thanks. I put the XPEL guy and the Opti guy together! Appreciate your giving me the heads up.
Old 05-17-2016, 07:57 PM
morefun
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 5 Posts

I've scheduled a c-coating. Cleaning my car after track days is a serious PITA. My guy has recently switched from Opticoat to IGL. Is anybody familiar with IGL's products? It's big in Europe but not much info available stateside....
Old 05-18-2016, 12:46 PM
ShinAsurada
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There's something I don't understand about how the nano coatings work ontop of a ppf.

Coatings of measurable thickness are applied on top of the self healing top coat, yet it is said that the self healing property is still there.

It doesn't make sense how a scratch that does not exceed the thickness of the nano coating will heal.

Anyone care to explain this?

Last edited by ShinAsurada; 05-18-2016 at 01:39 PM.
Old 05-18-2016, 05:28 PM
GT4VR
Instructor

I think they just mean that if the scratch were to go through the coating and down to the ppf, it would then still self heal.

With the coating you do have an extra layer of protection, so the ppf may not need to self heal because it was never affected if the scratch didn't go deep enough.

Make sense?
Old 12-09-2017, 02:53 AM
JohnWilliamsJW
1st Gear

Default Nano Coating Benefits

Nano coating for car ensure you that its provide your cars extremely smoothness because it works at the molecular level. Due to better quality most of the contaminants encounter on the road will unable to stick on the car surface. Ceramic paint coating much better than an ordinary paint coating, protecting the surface of the vehicle. The new coating is fused to the surface of the automobile and is not dislodged by vibrations or external force.

It provides a strong and protective surface to the cars and its ensures that original coating of the car should be maintain. It protects great deal of damage without showing any ill-effects on the body of the car.

Car waxed was the older equivalent. But using the newest innovation of nano ceramic coating either Ceramic Pro or Opti-Coat Pro+ ensures that you have never need and requirements of another wax for the cars.

Quick Reply: nano coating on Xpel