Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: APR

Track Day: Mon. April 4, 2016 at Buttonwillow

Old 03-18-2016, 04:21 PM
vantage
Three Wheelin'

Received 168 Likes on 98 Posts
Default Track Day: Mon. April 4, 2016 at Buttonwillow

Glad to see a ton of threads lately about track days for Porsche / GT4 owners, such as the mooty and spherix private days at TH and Chuckwalla respectively.

My other car club is having a track day on Monday, 4/4/2016 at Buttonwillow. I hear that numbers are very low right now and then aren't breaking even yet. So it should provide a good amount of track time. Hope some of you will join us. First track day for me in my GT4!

Come join the Golden Gate Lotus Club for this open track event at Buttonwillow Raceway on Monday, April 4, 2016

You do not need to own a Lotus to attend this event. We run our events as close to non-profit as we can and you will not find a better price for a full day on the track. Price is $165 for members and $185 for non-memberes. Additional drivers sharing a car are $60. You can become a GGLC member for $25.

This event will be divided into 3 different groups on track; Advanced Group for experienced drivers of 15+ track days/racing experience or equivalent and open passing, Intermediate Group for drivers with 5-15 track days experience and restricted passing, and Novice Group for 1-5 track days experience. Sign-up for whichever group is appropriate for your experience level. If you sign up for a particular group and decide at the track that you are not comfortable, ask a GGLC official to switch groups and it will probably be no problem.

We also have a very limited number of openings for Beginner drivers who will receive 1 on 1 coaching from an experienced driver. Beginner drivers will run in the Novice Group.

At this event we will run the Track 1 configuration (with Star Mazda) in the clockwise direction.
Registration is here:
http://gglotus.motorsportreg.com/
Old 03-18-2016, 09:10 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,788 Likes on 2,157 Posts

Originally Posted by vantage
Glad to see a ton of threads lately about track days for Porsche / GT4 owners, such as the mooty and spherix private days at TH and Chuckwalla respectively.

My other car club is having a track day on Monday, 4/4/2016 at Buttonwillow. I hear that numbers are very low right now and then aren't breaking even yet. So it should provide a good amount of track time. Hope some of you will join us. First track day for me in my GT4!

Registration is here:
http://gglotus.motorsportreg.com/
I would go so go if not for it being March quarter closing and having to get revenues in by 4/4.
Old 03-18-2016, 09:25 PM
4carl
Race Car

Received 1,079 Likes on 568 Posts

i ran with them at LS years ago, good guys. Need to see if i can clear a few mtgs . its 162mi and 3hrs to BW for me so is it ok to miss the drivers mtg? I know the drill and the track. When are you going up ? carl
Old 03-18-2016, 09:36 PM
vantage
Three Wheelin'

Received 168 Likes on 98 Posts

Martin, pesky thing having to work to pay for this play time! Will probably work the weekend so I can make this myself.

Carl, I am driving up in the morning but am only coming from DTLA. Google maps makes traffic look fine both ways but never done a weekday before. 2.5 hrs max. I will put you in touch with organizers. Would hope it is no problem to skip morning meeting but can't speak for them.

Last edited by vantage; 03-18-2016 at 10:35 PM.
Old 03-18-2016, 10:19 PM
4carl
Race Car

Received 1,079 Likes on 568 Posts

Originally Posted by vantage
Martin, pesky thing having to work to pay for all this okay time! Will probably work the weekend so I can make this myself.

Carl, I am driving up in the morning but am only coming from DTLA. Google maps makes traffic look fine both ways but never done a weekday before. 2.5 hrs max. I will put you in touch with organizers. Would hope it is no problem to skip morning meeting but can't speak for them.
Thanks. carl
Old 03-19-2016, 02:50 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,476 Likes on 2,266 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
I would go so go if not for it being March quarter closing and having to get revenues in by 4/4.
just tell IRS to wait.

GG lotus is a great group. i ran with them many many times
Old 03-19-2016, 03:59 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,788 Likes on 2,157 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
just tell IRS to wait.

GG lotus is a great group. i ran with them many many times
The IRS can wait, but the PE firm can't...they want their revenue flash fast.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Track Day: Mon. April 4, 2016 at Buttonwillow