Notices
GT4/Spyder Discussions about the 981 GT4/Spyder
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: APR

Cobb Tuning- Clarification and Updates!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2017, 03:10 AM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,963 Likes on 915 Posts

Originally Posted by Charliekay
Question: COBB Accessport to go with IPD, TB, Air Filters and Catted Headers.

Does COBB have a standard tune for these mods? Do the standard tune get rid of the CEL from the TB upgrade or do you need to go Protune?

Thanks.
Cobb has both a standard tune for stock car, as well as one for the mods. but they will also will protune it for you if you send them a data map. You log it doing a few full third gear pulls, send them the Map, they send you one back to your car's specific specs. Any of the tunes get rid of any cels of any kind.
Old 07-25-2017, 08:31 AM
cox1974
Rennlist Member

Received 121 Likes on 65 Posts

perfect :-)
Old 07-25-2017, 06:31 PM
Charliekay
Racer

Received 55 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by CAlexio
Cobb has both a standard tune for stock car, as well as one for the mods. but they will also will protune it for you if you send them a data map. You log it doing a few full third gear pulls, send them the Map, they send you one back to your car's specific specs. Any of the tunes get rid of any cels of any kind.
Perfect. Thanks mate.
Old 09-17-2017, 03:44 PM
Dom991.1
Burning Brakes

Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by ralphmusic
My UK car does this as well as standard. Check your Manual on Windows Opening/Closing.

Soooo ...i researched this for a WHILE and....after being told NO, it was not possible for US cars (over and over - once by a manager for the service department that said he had 20 years experience and it was due to US litigation laws, blah, blah &#128530 ...i brought them in directions that I found on here (from a 987 - I have a 981) and they reluctantly agreed to give it a shot...came to pick it up and lo and behold, the DOWN feature worked from key fob!! They told me they could NOT get UP to work but I wonder if they really tried all that hard. Anyway, here in FL, wanted at LEAST down to help air out car from heat. Maybe, when I feel like it, I will start prodding and see if I can't get the UP working as well. Good luck! -Dom
Old 09-17-2017, 03:54 PM
Dom991.1
Burning Brakes

Now that I solved (at least partially) the key fob window mystery ...had a tuning question. There are tuners that offer to custom tune 'remotely' by having you send them specific logging results (they provide parameters), then you test it out, send them results & rinse/repeat until *voila* you have a custom that is better (presumably) than the OTS II tune. My question is, how would these 'remote tunes' compare to a live dyno tune? Please note I am NOT comparing either to the OTS II but rather rather "remote file swapping" to custom, on dyno, protune both using COBB AP. Please advise, thanks! -Dom
Old 09-18-2017, 02:34 AM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,963 Likes on 915 Posts

Originally Posted by Dom991.1
Soooo ...i researched this for a WHILE and....after being told NO, it was not possible for US cars (over and over - once by a manager for the service department that said he had 20 years experience and it was due to US litigation laws, blah, blah &#128530 ...i brought them in directions that I found on here (from a 987 - I have a 981) and they reluctantly agreed to give it a shot...came to pick it up and lo and behold, the DOWN feature worked from key fob!! They told me they could NOT get UP to work but I wonder if they really tried all that hard. Anyway, here in FL, wanted at LEAST down to help air out car from heat. Maybe, when I feel like it, I will start prodding and see if I can't get the UP working as well. Good luck! -Dom
Weird, my spyder came with this automatically... hold the unlock fob and windows came down
Old 09-18-2017, 07:49 PM
switchface
Burning Brakes

Received 83 Likes on 44 Posts

Argh, I always drive with my windows down. I really want this simple featured programmed to work.
Old 10-08-2017, 03:41 AM
Dom991.1
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by switchface
Argh, I always drive with my windows down. I really want this simple featured programmed to work.
Hi Switchface - how did you make out on this? Not sure if you recall but I was the one who got the dealer the instructions from here (Rennlist) and they were successfully able to program my Windows to go DOWN using only the key fob, but not UP (they originally told me it would not do EITHER, b/c US cars were not allowed to based on concern of litigation). That was still odd but I figured it must be true since I gave them directions that WORKED for 'down', so they must have tried the 'up' part of the instructions, right? Wrong (I'm finding that anytime I task a dealership with more than two things per visit their attention span goes to to 0). On a whim one night, i tried it on my 991 - key fob worked to lower AND raise windows, no problem. I had it in last week (for something elective and unrelated) & I decided to test out my theory: I was only having them do 1 thing, so this would be number 2.... I gave them the instructions AGAIN but this time removed ANYTHING having to do with another programming feature (the instructions on here technically deal with three functions - up, down, and hatch programming), so they JUST dealt with how to unable UP using the key fob. Worked like a charm! Tested it out yesterday - now BOTH UP & DOWN work from my key fob on my 2014 981. Woo hoo!!!! Let me know of you need some help. -Dom
Old 10-08-2017, 01:02 PM
Reborn996
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Dom, can you share the link for where the window programming instructions are? I want to try this on mine.
Old 10-08-2017, 01:28 PM
Dom991.1
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Reborn996
Dom, can you share the link for where the window programming instructions are? I want to try this on mine.
Sure...hate to plagiarize but I can't recall which thread/member this came from (whoever it was, please feel free to speak up). Keep in mind two things:

1. You can only do this with PIWIS (to my knowledge, tell me if I'm wrong) - do you have one of those units?
2. These instructions were from a 987 - THAT was always the big question mark as to whether or they were valid for a 981 & that the option hadn't been removed by PCNA. I can now tell you definitively that they DO work on a 2014 Cayman.

Let us know how you make out!

Here goes:
Windows open/close with the key in the door lock
Windows open/close using the remote control
Windows drop by 2-3 inches when you open the rear hatch (allows you to drop the hatch shut rather than having to press on it).

First CU (Required for all window options):

CU = PAS

Coding => Comfort via radio remote control => (Currently set to lock or inactive) => Change to Release (Note: The wording maybe "Active" depending on PIWIS version but for all Release = Active and Inactive = Lock).
Coding => Comfort function Window => As above set to release
Coding => Door and Window Comfort Function => As above set to release

** While the dealer is in this unit he can also change to delays for the keys and the way the doors lock after starting the engine or driving off I will not detail these as most of the dealers know how to do these, but what I will say is that these have to be programmed for each key individually. The other coding for the PAS does not need separate coding for each key. If the dealer does not know how to change the locks.....ok I will bite my tongue.

OK back to the window functions, the next steps have to be coded for each door separately so I will only list it once:

CU = Drivers Door / Passenger Door:

(Window Open)
Coding => Open Comfort => Set to release as before
(Window Close)
Coding => Close Comfort => Set to release as before
(Windows Drop when opening hatch)
Coding => Window short stroke by Lugg Comp Op => Set to release as before

Old 10-09-2017, 07:26 PM
switchface
Burning Brakes

Received 83 Likes on 44 Posts

Hey Dom, I don't have PIWIS, so I was going to ask the dealer (again) to make this change next time I went in. Just haven't got around to it yet.

Do you think I'll need to print out and hand them these instructions to further dummy proof it??
Old 10-09-2017, 09:32 PM
Dom991.1
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by switchface
Hey Dom, I don't have PIWIS, so I was going to ask the dealer (again) to make this change next time I went in. Just haven't got around to it yet.

Do you think I'll need to print out and hand them these instructions to further dummy proof it??
Depends on your dealer....I sent my SA an email with these EXACT instructions, when I picked up the car he indicated DOWN was working but not UP (litigation excuse)...I accepted it for a month or so but one night on a whim I tried it on my 991- which works in BOTH directions off key, so I pulled up these directions again, took out EVERY reference to anything but getting UP to work and sent him that email. Now it works BOTH directions off key....so, up to you? YMMV...I am curious, keep us posted... -Dom
Old 03-04-2018, 12:53 AM
larrynic
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by user1029
My friend wants to know if you guys will implement a feature that allows the Accessport to reset service reminders
Originally Posted by COBB Tuning
I have a friend that told me...

~Jared
Wondering if SOON is soon?
Old 03-21-2018, 01:17 PM
polobai
Drifting

Received 1,115 Likes on 665 Posts

I am also interested how soon this would be-would be a nice feature to avoid dealership trips and fees or having to buy an additional module to reset the oil lights, battery resets, etc.
Old 07-20-2018, 02:54 PM
1Nino
Track Day

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by polobai
I am also interested how soon this would be-would be a nice feature to avoid dealership trips and fees or having to buy an additional module to reset the oil lights, battery resets, etc.
Any update from Cobb on this? I'm in the market for a tune and need my oil reset done.

Quick Reply: Cobb Tuning- Clarification and Updates!!!