Notices
GT4/Spyder Discussions about the 981 GT4/Spyder
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: APR

M World CAN Plug and Play Adapter - BRAKE PRESSURE!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2016, 09:08 PM
Eric5280
Rennlist Member

Received 190 Likes on 93 Posts
Default M World CAN Plug and Play Adapter - BRAKE PRESSURE!!!!

I am unwilling to splice or soldier anything on this car so I have been waiting for other options. Richard from M-World contacted me to say he finally had the option I was looking for so I decided to try it.

Ordering: Could not be more simple: http://store.m-world.us/collections/...ss-aim-solo-dl

Customer service: Richard is the best. He sent the adapter out immediately and provided tracking for the free expedited shipping.

Install: Took me around 15 minutes or so taking my time and making sure everything was perfect. In reality I could do it again in 5 minutes or less. The wires even tuck up nicely when not in use. They really thought this through.

On track performance: Unfortunately I did not update my Solo DL properly so this past weekend I didn't get any pressures. I emailed Richard when I got home and he created a new profile for me immediately (after hours, great service) and it works perfect. Here is a crappy proof-of-concept video showing pressures. Will update when I get out on track next.

Overall, I could not be happier and look forward to getting lots of use on track. Highly recommend and hope this helps some of you that are on the fence about the direction to go. To me, it is the only solution for AiM users and it is from a great guy who provides outstanding service.
Old 03-14-2016, 09:32 PM
katmeho
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I just ordered mine this weekend. Happy to hear this is so easy and clean to use.
Old 03-14-2016, 09:40 PM
Eric5280
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by katmeho
I just ordered mine this weekend. Happy to hear this is so easy and clean to use.
You'll love it. Best compliment I can give is that once you see it installed you think to yourself that it's so simple and like a factory option.
Old 03-14-2016, 10:11 PM
ML///
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can you please share what you needed to update (aim profile) to get the throttle and brake pressures?
Old 03-14-2016, 10:28 PM
Eric5280
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ML///
Can you please share what you needed to update (aim profile) to get the throttle and brake pressures?
Had to set the channel in Race Studio. I can send you the profile he gave me to load on Solo DL. Took no time at all. I'm a newbie so he did the profile for me. Most users probably can do it themselves.
Old 03-14-2016, 10:39 PM
m-world
Track Day

Originally Posted by ML///
This is the configuration file for Solo DL which Eric mentioned. And just to be clear, this configuration is for a 981 GT4 connected via CAN bus.

Please import it using Race Studio 2->Device Configuration->Solo DL->Configuration Manager. Then transmit the configuration into Solo DL.

[see updated link in post #8]

Let me know if this is what you are looking for.

Last edited by m-world; 04-03-2016 at 11:16 PM.
Old 04-03-2016, 11:11 PM
Eric5280
Rennlist Member

I know a couple other guys already confirmed this, but I wanted to update the thread after today's track session. Everything worked great, no issues at all and I love having the extra readouts for analysis.

Old 04-03-2016, 11:14 PM
m-world
Track Day

Originally Posted by Eric5280
I know a couple other guys already confirmed this, but I wanted to update the thread after today's track session. Everything worked great, no issues at all and I love having the extra readouts for analysis.

Eric Cayman GT4 HPR 4-3-16 fast lap - YouTube
Awesome video! Thanks for sharing.

Here are the config files for SCHD and Solo DL for GT4 connected via CAN.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0By...ThZUGlPZ0Fpbmc
Old 12-16-2016, 11:12 PM
mgent
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is the config file for a GT4 the same as for a 981 CS?

Quick Reply: M World CAN Plug and Play Adapter - BRAKE PRESSURE!!!!