Old 03-03-2016, 03:50 PM
Rhonda@FVD
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 50 Likes on 33 Posts
Default FVD Brombacher – 981 GT4 – DIY Software Sale - $ 896

Experience the difference that 30+ years in Porsche tuning makes.

We have taken everything off the table and have unleashed everything that this platform can safely develop.

+27 crank HP (RED) & +26 crank TQ (BLUE) gain on the GT4. All while offering ultra-smooth drivability and reliability that you expect from your Porsche®.

We will be offering our new DIY delivery tool and software at a price of $ 896 until March 21st.*

Here is a little more background about our software...

Since 1983, FVD-Brombacher has been setting the standard for Porsche® engine building and tuning in Germany. Our broad mechanical knowledge of the flat 6 Porsche® engine naturally led to our development of Engine Management software. Over the years we have perfected the art of software tuning, making substantial gains in horsepower and torque, while retaining drivability and most importantly reliability. Unlike many others in the industry, our only focus is software for Porsche®. This allows us to bring you the most polished, factory-smooth and powerful aftermarket software product for Porsche® period.

CONVENIENT –
FVD Software Programming can be done in the comfort and privacy of your own home or by one of our recommended dealers, there is no need to risk damage to the ECU by removing it and shipping it. Programming with this tool is a simple, guided experience that requires little user input and about an hour or two at the most. It is a simple process by which you read out your vehicles original software file with our handheld software tool. You then connect the tool to a computer and email the downloaded software to us; we alter the original file and send both the back via email. Our software delivery tool is the latest technology and is a stand-alone unit that does not interface with Windows®. Unlike other software delivery methods that are cable-based PC connections, there is ZERO likelihood of software files being corrupted through Windows®, which can destroy your expensive Porsche® ECU. To see just how easy the process is click here…. FVD Software Loading Tutorial

POWERFUL –
Once we receive your downloaded software, we modify the ignition timing, optimize the air /fuel ratios, increase the rev limiter and modify the boost mapping on turbo vehicles. Since we sample your original file using the method above, each of our programs is custom-written for each of your vehicle’s modifications. That means that we can extract the maximum performance gains over what our competition can offer you. For all Porsche® vehicles from 2000 upwards, we also alter the throttle response which effectively negates the throttle delay found in E-Gas or drive by wire vehicles. The throttle response is improved linearly so that you don’t experience sharp increases commonly found with other software tuners who tend to exacerbate the throttle response. For us, the “Devil is in the details”, so we concentrate on laying the power down more smoothly, while providing consistent acceleration without wheel spin. Ultimately, FVD tuned cars are quicker than their overrated counterparts with the added benefit of lower tire expenses.

RELIABLE –
All of the OEM engine software safety features are left fully intact and are not disabled. So you will benefit from the added performance without sacrificing the reliability that the Porsche® brand is renowned for. Since we sample your original software file, all of the Porsche® dealer software updates are also included, whereas our competitors who flash without sampling the OEM file are typically using a map based on the first year of the vehicle without all of the critical Porsche® updates. In addition, our software engineers have been trained by Bosch and Siemens in Germany, so you receive their factory expertise in writing software code for Porsche®. They have been writing software for Porsche® since 1983, before many of our competitors were born; very few can make that same claim. Most importantly, our software engineers are committed to software tuning for PORSCHE® ONLY, so our sole purpose is to write the most polished Porsche® software available in the industry.

REVERSIBLE –
FVD Software is completely reversible for dealer service / diagnostics. We supply you with your TRUE Original OEM Porsche® file as well as the FVD Brombacher Tuned File.

ADAPTABLE –
Our software is adaptive and as such we give you hundreds of software timing maps. That’s right, hundreds of software maps! No need to contact us for other “Custom” time consuming “OTS” off the shelf calibrations, flash once with FVD Software and be done. Each of our maps are tied into the vehicle’s sensor information so with differing variations in climate, throttle, altitude, exhaust gas temperature and octane our software automatically adjusts to give you superior performance and a factory-smooth feel. We also adjust the software to accommodate 91-100 North American ((RON+MON)/2) and Rest of World 95-104 (RON) octane automatically (adjusts timing and knock sensors accordingly). This is done automatically without the need of external hardware or toggling through the cruise control functions, just fill and go! If you want to change the intake or add a throttle body in the future, for example, our software will also adapt for larger Porsche® throttle bodies and IPD plenums with greater air mass automatically, simply install and feel the gains without the hassle of sending the ECU back or having to install another file.

ECONOMICAL –
Since our software is adaptive, we can offer un-paralleled savings over our competition and there is no additional hardware needed. Our listed software price allows you to add 200 cell catalytic converters, mufflers, headers, high flow intake, larger throttle body and intercoolers without having to pay for an updated or “Custom” software file. In fact, the only time you would need an updated file is if you remove the catalytic converters for racing, upgrade the turbochargers or change the internal engine components. In contrast, many of our competitors charge you for each individual hardware upgrade, some may call their tuning “Custom” and charge you for performance in stages and even charge you for software programming assistance. On that note, we offer you free technical assistance to upgrade your software. We don’t charge you an hourly charge like many others, simply call our technical assistance line and speak directly to our programmers in Germany (they speak perfect English). They are available Monday – Friday from 3 am E.S.T. until 1 pm E.S.T. Should you need any assistance after that time just call our Florida location and we would be glad to assist you, also free of charge. Since our headquarters are in Germany, where fuel is paid for by the liter, we go through extra lengths to provide you with greater fuel economy as well.

GUARANTEED –
30-day money back guarantee! If you are not satisfied with the power, simply flash the car back to stock and send it back. No questions asked. Want to compare our tune with your current tuners software? No worries, your covered.

OPTIONS –
Customers can specify left foot braking for track events so that the throttle does not cut out while braking. We can program for 100+ specialized fuel maps, etc. Give us a call to discuss your special requests.

* Sale is being offered by FVD Brombacher, INC. (USA) to customers in North and South America.

To place your order please contact me via a private message or via email. Or you can go directly to our website using the link below and enter the promo code: software sale

LINK TO FVD BROMBACHER 981 GT4 SOFTWARE....

Thanks,
Rhonda

Contact me directly to get the latest FVD forum member discount!

Rhonda Roxburgh
+1-954-571-2050 x 1
rhonda.roxburgh@fvd.net

Want to learn more about us? Click here...

Last edited by Rhonda@FVD; 03-17-2016 at 05:04 PM. Reason: Sale Expiration Date
Old 03-03-2016, 04:32 PM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

Received 64 Likes on 47 Posts

I am sure this won't be a hot thread
Old 03-03-2016, 05:31 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,379 Likes on 718 Posts

Rhonda,

The HP and Torque gains you all are suggesting is just based off stock alone??

Example - Say I were to install your Long tuber headers with Cats. After the tune what would be the estimated HP and Torques gains over stock then?

Also- please PM me who your recommended Dealer in Chicago is who one could work thru. I know about 6 years ago on my 997.2 Turbo there was a Porsche Dealer who themselves were installing your software and still willing to to honor the factory Porsche warranty which was ideal
Old 03-03-2016, 05:38 PM
golfnutintib
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

Old 03-03-2016, 05:38 PM
CarAholic
Rennlist Member

Received 168 Likes on 107 Posts

Results look pretty impressive
Old 03-03-2016, 06:19 PM
DrPhil Gandini
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Mine is ordered, should be here next week. I had FVD software in my 2006 Cayman S. Support was very good, and the software actually made a difference (!) LOL I imagine the same will be true this time round.
Old 03-03-2016, 06:24 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Question - Just say you install it yourself - If you take it in to be serviced and the Dealer updates the ECU- does it ruin the the FVD tune?? I mean they will be able to tell right away that it has been tuned??

Also - if you reinstall the factory tune will Porsche be able to notice it was tampered with?
Old 03-03-2016, 06:46 PM
golfnutintib
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
Question - Just say you install it yourself - If you take it in to be serviced and the Dealer updates the ECU- does it ruin the the FVD tune?? I mean they will be able to tell right away that it has been tuned??

Also - if you reinstall the factory tune will Porsche be able to notice it was tampered with?
Answers AFAIK are yes and yes, and I think yes, for the most recent cars.

...whether the dealer can still tell if you have had an aftermarket tune on your car at that point is uncertain... the ongoing game of ECU/DME software management and protection by OEM car makers is like car alarms and car thieves... each round each generation is a new game of cat n mouse... but I believe for Porsches, the car will log when it has been reprogrammed...
Old 03-03-2016, 06:53 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

A few years ago my Dealer was doing FVD tunes and honoring the warranty. Sure, they were marking it up 100% but worth it because they were keeping the original file of your ECU and they were even offering the 30 day return to stock arrangement. I hope they will do it again.

I figure a set of long tube headers w/cats and this tune will suite me just fine.

Now just get me my freakin car.
Old 03-03-2016, 06:54 PM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

Received 64 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by DrPhil Gandini
Mine is ordered, should be here next week. I had FVD software in my 2006 Cayman S. Support was very good, and the software actually made a difference (!) LOL I imagine the same will be true this time round.
Hey Phil.....
Nothin' like just jumpin' right in ...
Old 03-03-2016, 07:01 PM
RealityGT
Drifting

Received 224 Likes on 127 Posts

@Rhonda, your graph looks very strange..
Questions:
  1. What type of dyno was this?
  2. Why is there no cross over at 5250?
  3. What correction was used?
  4. Any warranty provided should your reflash tool burn the OEM ECU?
  5. What were the environmentals during this (these?) pulls?: Exterior weather temps, DA?
  6. 4th or 5th gear pulls?

Old 03-03-2016, 07:12 PM
DrPhil Gandini
Racer

Ed: As I have used their flash tool, and software before, I felt pretty confident. If it bricks the GT4, then I'll figure something out. But I like to be so far ahead of the wave that I'm sitting on the beach with a martini in my hand...
Old 03-03-2016, 07:16 PM
DrPhil Gandini
Racer

Originally Posted by RealityGT
@Rhonda, your graph looks very strange..
Questions:
...[*]Why is there no cross over at 5250?
Could it be because the left hand axis is being used to depict both scales (HP and ft/lbs) and by so doing shift the cross over point?
I notice that the FVD crossover matches the OEM crossover point.
Old 03-03-2016, 07:50 PM
GAZZ
Pro

Received 83 Likes on 50 Posts

So now we dont have any ECU Vs Vechile milage mismatch using this?
Old 03-03-2016, 09:50 PM
RealityGT
Drifting

Received 224 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by DrPhil Gandini
Could it be because the left hand axis is being used to depict both scales (HP and ft/lbs) and by so doing shift the cross over point?
I notice that the FVD crossover matches the OEM crossover point.
haha, yes of course I realize that but I'm curious as to why the graph would be presented like that... 1.2 should have been one Q..

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: FVD Brombacher – 981 GT4 – DIY Software Sale - $ 896