Sponsored by: APR

GT4 Street Driving POV

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2016, 12:33 PM
Arth
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GT4 Street Driving POV

I just loved the GT4 driving her around to work and around the city.

short video of my experience with her. hopefully i can pick one up soon to add to my GT3

cheers
Old 02-25-2016, 12:57 PM
Vintage72
Burning Brakes

Received 399 Likes on 199 Posts

it is killing me waiting for my April 15 delivery date!
Old 02-25-2016, 01:30 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,383 Likes on 719 Posts

Arth - Nice video. Car looks and sound really good. I certainly find the GT3 to be louder but the exhaust note on the GT4 is pretty darn good and sounds very Porsche. Car also seems to accelerate pretty nicely. Not in the GT3 territory by any means but pretty darn competent for sure.

Would love to hear any comments of what you thought of the car overall. Being that you are looking to add one it speaks highly because you know your cars.
Old 02-25-2016, 02:42 PM
Arth
Racer

Originally Posted by Vintage72
it is killing me waiting for my April 15 delivery date!
Worth every minute bud.
Old 02-25-2016, 02:50 PM
Arth
Racer

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
Arth - Nice video. Car looks and sound really good. I certainly find the GT3 to be louder but the exhaust note on the GT4 is pretty darn good and sounds very Porsche. Car also seems to accelerate pretty nicely. Not in the GT3 territory by any means but pretty darn competent for sure. Would love to hear any comments of what you thought of the car overall. Being that you are looking to add one it speaks highly because you know your cars.
Hey jimmy. Thanks for the Kind words.

I had the GT4 for about a week and to be honest I was ready to trade in my GT3 for it at the end of the week

However, my fiancé told me to wait a bit and get a slightly used one She made sense

The sound of the Gt3 is louder but because of the mid engine layout of the Gt4 ( right behind you) I found it to be even louder in the cabin than the GT3. To the outside world yes the GT3 is louder but I felt in the cabin the GT4 is just as loud it not more so.

Acceleration is just perfect. Can the car handle
More power. Easily, yes. But at no point did I feel , damn this is slow. On the contrary , it felt just " perfect"

The gearbox.... Omg.... I though the 997GT3 had a nice gearbox. This is better !!!

I loved everything about the car from the sound to the looks to the handling ( let's not get Into that) to the braking ( overbraked) to the gearbox. I cannot fault it.

Your a lucky man for getting one jimmy. I'm looking at how to add one to my stable soon

Cheers Arth
Old 02-25-2016, 02:59 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 339 Likes on 208 Posts

Originally Posted by Arth
Hey jimmy. Thanks for the Kind words. I had the GT4 for about a week and to be honest I was ready to trade in my GT3 for it at the end of the week However, my fiancé told me to wait a bit and get a slightly used one She made sense The sound of the Gt3 is louder but because of the mid engine layout of the Gt4 ( right behind you) I found it to be even louder in the cabin than the GT3. To the outside world yes the GT3 is louder but I felt in the cabin the GT4 is just as loud it not more so. Acceleration is just perfect. Can the car handle More power. Easily, yes. But at no point did I feel , damn this is slow. On the contrary , it felt just " perfect" The gearbox.... Omg.... I though the 997GT3 had a nice gearbox. This is better !!! I loved everything about the car from the sound to the looks to the handling ( let's not get Into that) to the braking ( overbraked) to the gearbox. I cannot fault it. Your a lucky man for getting one jimmy. I'm looking at how to add one to my stable soon Cheers Arth
A big part of the experience is the manual box,trust me! I'm glad many have finally seen the light!
Old 02-25-2016, 03:22 PM
Arth
Racer

Originally Posted by neanicu
A big part of the experience is the manual box,trust me! I'm glad many have finally seen the light!
Agreed neanicu. I've read over the last couple of years I've been on rennlist on how you are a true believer in the manual. Can't argue with you there bud.

I believe the GT4 would be worse off without the manual

Arth
Old 02-25-2016, 03:27 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 339 Likes on 208 Posts

Originally Posted by Arth
Agreed neanicu. I've read over the last couple of years I've been on rennlist on how you are a true believer in the manual. Can't argue with you there bud. I believe the GT4 would be worse off without the manual Arth
Old 02-25-2016, 03:27 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,383 Likes on 719 Posts

^ I have always been a manual guy and PDK-S was quite an experience. Fascinating in its technology and you can drive an drink coffee. Has many advantages. But - after 15 months I just started to miss the Manual. If you could have both that would be the best of both worlds.

Wait until they configure a manual for the next GT3. All those saying they will never go back I bet half of them will go running. My bet is Porsche will upcharge for the Manual a few thousand but who cares.(The same way they charge more for a Cayman than the Boxster)They just need to get the engine right but I think they have learned a lot and made many improvements.

Quick Reply: GT4 Street Driving POV