Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: APR

Super Cool PCA DE Event in New Orleans / NOLA Motorsports Park April 15

Old 02-22-2016, 01:59 AM
matttheboatman
Rennlist Member

Received 610 Likes on 235 Posts
Default Super Cool PCA DE Event in New Orleans / NOLA Motorsports Park April 15

The GT4 Clubsports will be running their second race in the Trophy East series at NOLA Motorsport Park April 15 - 17. Mardi Gras PCA DE chair John Crosby announced today that he will including a 50 car DE group to share the track for the weekend with the Cup Racers and GT4 Clubsports. This should be a cool gathering of some of the best Porsche drivers around. The DE is limited to experienced solo drivers only. NOLA is a very safe circuit, but fast with some technical turns. John and all the volunteers put on a great show and very safe event. I'm pretty sure this will sell out very quickly, registration opened this morning. I wanted to get the word out early to any GT4 owners who would like to join me and get into the mix.

NOLA is my home track and I would be glad to assist with any suggestions such as where to eat / drink / sleep. Send me a PM.

Here are the official details: http://mgpca.org/race/index.html

Last edited by matttheboatman; 02-22-2016 at 07:25 AM.
Old 02-25-2016, 11:17 AM
matttheboatman
Rennlist Member

Received 610 Likes on 235 Posts

Checked this morning, only 13 of the 50 slots taken. I figured this thing would fill up quicker as Mardi Gras PCA usually gets 100+ cars out so that is good - still time for Texas and Deep South GT4 owners to make some plans to come on out.

I know the first GT4 Clubsport race of the season at Road American - no DE associated with it. So, NOLA would be the first race where you can see the cars, meet the teams, and participate in your own care between Clubsport sessions.

I wonder how much quicker the Clubsport cars will be versus the street version? The PDK, and full slicks should save about 4-5 seconds at NOLA. Take some weight out out of the car, and put an experienced racer in it - maybe as much as 10 seconds?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Super Cool PCA DE Event in New Orleans / NOLA Motorsports Park April 15