Notices
GT4/Spyder Discussions about the 981 GT4/Spyder
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: APR

Our epic GT4 projects thread (with ongoing updates)

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2016, 09:43 PM
Dr. G
Rennlist Member

Received 1,011 Likes on 517 Posts

Great to see such meticulous work.

I have a quick question. Have you done a full correction on a black GT4/Spyder? I've heard that the paint was soft but my detailer here in NJ said the paint is hell to work with and marks even when removing polish. The plan was to do a full correction, then XPEL Ultimate on the front bumper, hood, front fenders, mirrors, A-pillars and impact area behind the rear wheels and then do two layers of MOHS+ topped with phobic and cure. I'm wondering if doing film on the whole car is a better solution considering the paint is so soft. Or is my car an anomoly?
Old 04-11-2016, 11:02 PM
ajw45
Three Wheelin'

Received 318 Likes on 168 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr. G

I have a quick question. Have you done a full correction on a black GT4/Spyder? I've heard that the paint was soft but my detailer here in NJ said the paint is hell to work with and marks even when removing polish. The plan was to do a full correction, then XPEL Ultimate on the front bumper, hood, front fenders, mirrors, A-pillars and impact area behind the rear wheels and then do two layers of MOHS+ topped with phobic and cure. I'm wondering if doing film on the whole car is a better solution considering the paint is so soft. Or is my car an anomoly?
Black or JBM? My detailer used to complain the BMW black was real soft but the BMW metallic black was totally fine. No comment when he did my JBM car....
Old 04-11-2016, 11:11 PM
Dr. G
Rennlist Member

Received 1,011 Likes on 517 Posts

Originally Posted by ajw45
Black or JBM? My detailer used to complain the BMW black was real soft but the BMW metallic black was totally fine. No comment when he did my JBM car....
Regular black.
Old 04-12-2016, 08:54 AM
Detailed Designs
Burning Brakes

Received 51 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr. G

We have not encountered black paint we could not tame yet but some black paints can be somewhat difficult for many to finish down. If you will be maintaining the finish yourself, maybe a full clear bra wrap would ease your stress in terms of not sweating swirl marks.
Old 05-19-2016, 01:57 PM
Detailed Designs
Burning Brakes

It has been a minute since our last update! We've been a bit slammed though we have worked on a number of GT4's since our last update.

Can wait to sort the countless images of that full custom project and share them. But for now, this will have to do for a different white GT4 that visited us. It got our track package clear bra wrap with Xpel Ultimate and came out looking incredible! When the owner picked it up he couldn't contain himself because he said it was so hard to see any traces of film at all. Another success story.

http://detaileddesignsautospa.com/de...n-porsche-gt4/

Old 05-19-2016, 06:47 PM
TM5
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Picking up my white GT4 at PEC next Friday and then dropping it off at your shop - look forward to meeting you and getting the same result!
Old 05-19-2016, 10:04 PM
Detailed Designs
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by TM5
Picking up my white GT4 at PEC next Friday and then dropping it off at your shop - look forward to meeting you and getting the same result!
2 Friday deliveries from the PEC in a row! We can't wait Todd.

If you've not checked out our article what to do while you wait, take the time to read it. Lots of fun stuff around Atlanta.

http://detaileddesignsautospa.com/ho...tlanta-better/
Old 05-20-2016, 08:56 AM
stjoh
Rennlist Member

Received 160 Likes on 69 Posts

On the flight down to Atlanta right now to pick mine up, then over to DD. See you guys later.
Old 05-20-2016, 09:15 PM
stjoh
Rennlist Member

Received 160 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by TM5
Saw your car sitting there under a cover waiting for you when I picked mine up today. Awesome experience, you're going to love it.

My car is now with Jean-Claude for a track wrap before the drive home tomorrow.

UPDATE: Got my car back from Jean-Claude and his team Saturday pm after installation of a XPEL track wrap. They worked on it until past midnight Friday to make it possible for me to get the car in time to drive home Saturday. J-C and his guys are not only very good at what they do but are great people to deal with. Highly recommended, especially if you do the PEC delivery since they're only 30 minutes from there.
Attached Images   

Last edited by stjoh; 05-23-2016 at 09:47 PM.
Old 05-24-2016, 04:53 PM
Detailed Designs
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by stjoh
Saw your car sitting there under a cover waiting for you when I picked mine up today. Awesome experience, you're going to love it.

My car is now with Jean-Claude for a track wrap before the drive home tomorrow.

UPDATE: Got my car back from Jean-Claude and his team Saturday pm after installation of a XPEL track wrap. They worked on it until past midnight Friday to make it possible for me to get the car in time to drive home Saturday. J-C and his guys are not only very good at what they do but are great people to deal with. Highly recommended, especially if you do the PEC delivery since they're only 30 minutes from there.
Thanks S!

We snagged a shot of your baby getting ready for our track package clear bra wrap too. It was a shame we never shot any afters once it was complete!

Old 05-30-2016, 11:44 AM
Detailed Designs
Burning Brakes

(whoops, the link was broken. It is fixed now.)

Friday at 3pm she was at the Porsche Experience Center. Saturday at 5pm she was on her way home to Ohio with our track package plus. Read more here

Last edited by Detailed Designs; 05-30-2016 at 05:54 PM.
Old 05-30-2016, 09:54 PM
morjo02
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

I wished I lived close to DD to have my GT4 and GT350Rvdone by JC....
Old 05-31-2016, 07:53 AM
Detailed Designs
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by morjo02
I wished I lived close to DD to have my GT4 and GT350Rvdone by JC....
We do too lol!

Seriously though, thanks!
Old 05-31-2016, 12:12 PM
TM5
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Mine is the white GT4 that was delivered at the PEC on Friday and then tracked packaged by J-C and his team before our trip back to Cincinnati.
I highly recommend both! PEC experience was first class all the way with the highlight being the 90 minutes of track time in their GT4. J-C and his team at DD are at the top of their game - true craftsman focused on excellence in finished product and customer experience - not always easy to find these days. I have had several cars clear bra'd over the years and by far this is the best. Thanks JC!
Old 06-01-2016, 09:13 AM
Detailed Designs
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by TM5
Mine is the white GT4 that was delivered at the PEC on Friday and then tracked packaged by J-C and his team before our trip back to Cincinnati.
I highly recommend both! PEC experience was first class all the way with the highlight being the 90 minutes of track time in their GT4. J-C and his team at DD are at the top of their game - true craftsman focused on excellence in finished product and customer experience - not always easy to find these days. I have had several cars clear bra'd over the years and by far this is the best. Thanks JC!

Quick Reply: Our epic GT4 projects thread (with ongoing updates)