Sponsored by: APR

GT4 - PTS Mint Green with LWBs and PCCBs

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2017, 02:05 PM
STALKER99
Three Wheelin'

Received 220 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by kkabba
Thanks - do u attend the UCR DE events? If so, which car is yours? Funny thing is I struggle with names but never forget a car 😉

I've done a dozen track days and have roughly 20 planned for 2017. The modding thing is a disease - has nothing to do with me trying to be quicker around a track - more to do to with me tinkering with stuff out of boredom and wanting to get more or even different enjoyment out of the same car.
I don't do UCR events.
I do most of my tracks days in the US, Watkins Glen, Mid Ohio, but we do one or two private days at Mosport and a few club days at Calabogie.
Old 01-02-2017, 07:31 PM
kkabba
Racer

Received 167 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by STALKER99
I don't do UCR events.
I do most of my tracks days in the US, Watkins Glen, Mid Ohio, but we do one or two private days at Mosport and a few club days at Calabogie.
Why no DE?

Also how does Mosport rank with the US tracks u track on in terms of fun? I have yet to hit any other legendary tracks but now that I have a trailer (I.e. Man cave with all the bells and whistles other than a track man and a beer tap) it's going to be way less of a mission to explore all the legendary US tracks I grew up reading about and playing on Forza.
Old 01-03-2017, 11:31 AM
STALKER99
Three Wheelin'

Received 220 Likes on 144 Posts

Why no DE?

Also how does Mosport rank with the US tracks u track on in terms of fun? I have yet to hit any other legendary tracks but now that I have a trailer (I.e. Man cave with all the bells and whistles other than a track man and a beer tap) it's going to be way less of a mission to explore all the legendary US tracks I grew up reading about and playing on Forza.

I'm looking at your car right now, lol.

I do Chin Motorsport days, they are DEs.

You should def get out to Watkins Glen. It's my favorite track.
It's about a 4 hour drive from Toronto and it's a very nice area.

I like Mosport, but don't love it. No particular reason. Reminds me a bit of Road Atlanta, which I like better.
Old 01-24-2017, 12:01 AM
_snowbird_
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought I might find a thread about your beauty if I looked for it

I had a great time chatting with you at our DE last Aug, and I absolutely fell in love with the colour. I'm a huge fan of mint green, and never thought I'd see it on a modern car. Seeing it on your GT4 in person was a treat.

I'm currently signed up for 2 PCA-UCR events this summer. Might add a third if things go well. Sounds like you've jumped in to DE's with both feet

Hope to see you this summer!
Old 04-22-2017, 03:10 PM
kkabba
Racer

Minty's got a new tent to chill under at DE's 😀
Attached Images     
Old 04-22-2017, 03:12 PM
kkabba
Racer

New shoes for Minty
Attached Images  
Old 04-23-2017, 02:50 AM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

Received 64 Likes on 47 Posts

New shoes for Minty
LOL
Sick
That is the size of my House
Old 04-23-2017, 08:54 AM
aryork
Rennlist Member

Received 157 Likes on 90 Posts

kk: wow, nice! How much does the trailer/car weigh?
Old 04-24-2017, 11:07 AM
supercup
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 48 Posts

Minty's got a new tent to chill under at DE's ��
Wow - that is a super nice trailer set up.

But you need to do yourself a favor and go buy a full size truck or SUV to tow it. I would recommend a Suburban, Yukon XL, Sequoia, 3/4 ton truck or bigger. Half ton truck would be better than your Cayenne, but still undersized.

Your Cayenne Turbo may tow it, but if that trailer ever gets out of shape you are toast towing it with a Cayenne as the size of the trailer will overwhelm the Cayenne and you will be nothing but a passenger in the outcome. That is not how you want to protect your car, yourself, your passengers and those around you.

Sorry, but I have seen this movie end badly before and I would hate to see the same for anyone else.

Last edited by supercup; 04-24-2017 at 11:28 AM.
Old 04-24-2017, 06:05 PM
docfink
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by supercup

But you need to do yourself a favor and go buy a full size truck or SUV to tow it. I would recommend a Suburban, Yukon XL, Sequoia, 3/4 ton truck or bigger. Half ton truck would be better than your Cayenne, but still undersized.

Your Cayenne Turbo may tow it, but if that trailer ever gets out of shape you are toast towing it with a Cayenne as the size of the trailer will overwhelm the Cayenne and you will be nothing but a passenger in the outcome. That is not how you want to protect your car, yourself, your passengers and those around you.

Sorry, but I have seen this movie end badly before and I would hate to see the same for anyone else.
Those are great points. I noticed how small the Cayenne looked with the trailer attached, but didn't think much of it. Thanks for informing us
Old 04-24-2017, 06:33 PM
zmon
Rennlist Member

Received 140 Likes on 78 Posts

what is the wireless setup the sonos is running off of? i want to put sonos in my trailer. thx
Old 04-24-2017, 06:53 PM
kkabba
Racer

Originally Posted by zmon
what is the wireless setup the sonos is running off of? i want to put sonos in my trailer. thx
As we all know Sonos requires WIFI. Truth is I failed to consider that a WIFI network without an internet connection may not be sufficient. What I'll try in a few days is see if I can create a WIFI network with a router in the trailer without an internet connection and see if system works. Most likely not though.

Hoping my tracks have WIFI hotspot (Mosport and Watkins Glen), and if not, I could create a hotspot with my Iphone.
Old 04-24-2017, 07:01 PM
kkabba
Racer

Originally Posted by supercup

Thank you for the input. Trailer's close to 7,000 lbs so getting close to the 7,700 limit. I checked some of the Cayenne tow vehicle threads but couldn't find many with similar setup.
Old 04-24-2017, 11:31 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,481 Likes on 2,269 Posts

^ supercup is right.
on a flat road, try to accelerate with full load trailer. you will not pick up speed
and try to jam and lock up abs at 60mph, you will jack knive
i towed 7500# with cayenne. not ideal, doable yes.
i now tow bigger trailer and tow with a 1 ton dually. i have been in emergency where i have to slam on the brake... no issues.

the bigger tow car is of no benefit until **** HITS THE FANS... then you will understand.
dont want to scare u, but i have BTDT
Old 04-29-2017, 07:49 PM
kkabba
Racer

Minty is all snug and ready for 3 track days next week:

The Cayenne drove fine with the help of a wireless trailer brake unit (Prodigy RF). But there's a lot lacking and it's an SUV and not a Truck. I will be looking into a more appropriate tow truck. Don't think I need a dually or a 1 ton. Something more manageable that can pull a 24 or a future 28 footer with grace 😀
Attached Images   

Quick Reply: GT4 - PTS Mint Green with LWBs and PCCBs