Notices
GT4/Spyder Discussions about the 981 GT4/Spyder
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: APR

How was your GT4 presented to you upon pickup?

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2016, 10:46 PM
MrNurse
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default How was your GT4 presented to you upon pickup?

I'm anxiously awaiting the pickup of my GT4 which is still 3 months away. All I do is dream of when I finally pick it up and make every excuse I can to go to my dealership just to take a look at the new Porsches.
I haven't bought a new Porsche before. When I picked up my new Acuras they would be waiting for me right in front of the dealership (building).

When I watched the YouTube video of Shmee picking up his GT4 it was inside the dealership and had the cover over it. He and the SA took off the covers as he had his first glance at his new GT4.

What I envision is pulling up to my dealership as they great me at the door. "Welcome Mr. Nurse", he hands over a moist, warm towel to clean my hands, "today is finally the day. Come on in".

As I walk through the doors, I'm handed a glass of champagne by the man standing by the front desk.

"I bet you're very excited. Follow me" says my sales associate.

I'm lead towards the back of the dealership as my heart starts to race as my eyes wander all over the dealership at the curvaceous Speed Yellow 991 Turbo, the Carmine Red 991 GTS in the corner, and the Jet Black Metallic Macan S that I'm looking to acquire next year.

I'm caught off guard as we suddenly come to a stop and I peer over and see two beautiful European women smiling at me and standing by a smooth and silky-looking sheet covering what appears to be my GT4!
My eyes light up, I didn't think my heart could beat any faster than it is at that moment.
The lights appear to be positioned directly at what is underneath those covers, my hands start to sweat. The women are on both sides of my Porsche and reach under to grasp the bottom of the sheet and in what seemed like slow motion, they sensual pull back the sheet exposing my Guards Red GT4 underneath!

This brings me to my question.

Is this how it's going to play out?

What was it like the day you picked up your Porsche from the Porsche dealership?

How was it presented to you?

Was it just parked right in front of the doors of the dealership?

Did anyone get a climatic presentation? I do see that some people's Porsches were presented inside the showroom which for me would be a really cool touch especially with the showroom lighting. I also see that some people picked it up at the warehouse, some in the service area.
Did anyone have a sheet over their GT4?

PLEASE share your pics from your pickup. I'd love to see them.

Thanks for reading!

Last edited by MrNurse; 01-06-2016 at 11:04 PM.
Old 01-06-2016, 10:53 PM
jphughan
Drifting

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Picked mine up at Park Place. I was greeted by my SA Mindy Collins, who had already been fantastic to work with over email for months. She first took the key to my trade-in so she could have staff look it over. Then she took me on a tour of the service facilities because they had some cool cars in there at the time, including one of those old boxy Porsche race cars -- sorry, I'm not enough of a Porschephile to know which! Then she took me to an elevator, and when the doors opened a few floors up, we were in a glass-walled display area where my GT4 was sitting pretty. She'd been able to arrange that because I'd told her when I would be arriving. She'd also already had the clear side markers installed and the alarm honk on lock disabled, both on my request and both completely free. After I was done ogling, she asked a staff member to take my new car outside to the "presentation road" and we went back to her office to do the boring paperwork stuff, although since she had absolutely everything already filled out according to the information I'd given her, it took maybe 20 minutes tops, counting the time to deal with my trade-in. Easily the fastest I've ever gotten through car purchase paperwork. By then my car was on the presentation road just outside (along with a Lava Orange RS I checked out briefly before deciding that I liked mine better), so we got into the cabin so she could give me a quick orientation of the car and PCM; she knew I'd already read the manual cover to cover, so she kept it short. Finally, she gave me the plastic trim removal tool she'd borrowed from a tech on my request so I could perform a quick LWB neck pillow-ectomy, and then I was off! All in all an absolutely fantastic experience.

Last edited by jphughan; 01-07-2016 at 12:07 AM.
Old 01-06-2016, 11:00 PM
user1029
Drifting

Received 569 Likes on 278 Posts

car bow or I'm walking away
Old 01-06-2016, 11:04 PM
gmaki
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Mine was delivered via covered transport to my paint protection installer. I never set foot in the dealership. My car was presented to me by the truck driver on the street. lol.

The only thing slightly poetic about the whole thing is the car was unloaded right at the spot Paul Walker and Roger Rodas passed. Purely coincidental.
Old 01-06-2016, 11:07 PM
soupy
Racer

Received 65 Likes on 23 Posts

basically like this:

Old 01-06-2016, 11:08 PM
Steve D
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Mr Nurse, do you write romance novels?
Old 01-06-2016, 11:20 PM
user1029
Drifting

Received 569 Likes on 278 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve D
Old 01-06-2016, 11:23 PM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Received 1,380 Likes on 839 Posts

ED - Stuttgart

Old 01-06-2016, 11:30 PM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Received 6,509 Likes on 2,828 Posts

It would be pretty cool to see it under the lights in the lobby when I see it for the first time.

Under wraps would be a bit extreme and borderline embarrassing, but it would be fun - not gonna lie. Especially since the only time I've actually seen a GT4 was from 100 yards away for a few seconds.
Old 01-06-2016, 11:32 PM
Tass
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts

My first one was in a "delivery room" just beside the main showroom at my local dealer. My next one will be delivered in Stuttgart
Attached Images  
Old 01-06-2016, 11:38 PM
johnny2five
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You would seriously enjoy bmw Ed. Don't know how the porsche one is because I've never done it, but bmw's is pretty awesome. Although it feels a little like a Ed factory, they still make you feel very special. And there's nothing like seeing you car spin on the floor below you, and being able to drive or directly off the floor. I saw grown men crying...no joke.
Old 01-06-2016, 11:45 PM
MrNurse
Pro

Originally Posted by jphughan
Picked mine up at Park Place. I was greeted by my SA Mindy Collins, who had already been fantastic to work with over email for months. She first took the key to my trade-in so she could have staff look it over. Then she took me on a tour of the service facilities because they had some cool cars in there at the time, including one of those boxy Porsche race cars -- sorry, I'm not enough of a Porschephile to know which! Then she took me to an elevator, and when the doors opened a few floors up, we were in a glass-walled display area where my GT4 was sitting pretty. She'd been able to arrange that because I'd told her when I would be arriving. She'd also already had the clear side markers installed and the alarm honk on lock disabled, both on my request and both completely free. After I was done ogling, she asked a staff member to take my new car outside to the "presentation road" and we went back to her office to do the boring paperwork stuff, although since she had absolutely everything already filled out according to the information I'd given her, it took maybe 20 minutes tops, counting the time to deal with my trade-in. Easily the fastest I've ever gotten through car purchase paperwork. By then my car was on the presentation road just outside (along with a Lava Orange RS I checked out briefly before deciding that I liked mine better), so we got into the cabin so she could give me a quick orientation of the car and PCM; she knew I'd already read the manual cover to cover, so she kept it short. Finally, she gave me the plastic trim removal tool she'd borrowed from a tech on my request so I could perform a quick LWB neck pillow-ectomy, and then I was off! All in all an absolutely fantastic experience.
Really??? Tell me you have a picture of that! It sounds like you had a great experience. I hope for something close to that when my GT4 arrives.

Originally Posted by user1029

car bow or I'm walking away
When I went to my dealership to config my build on Dec 4, the Spyder had a bow on it and I was thinking to myself that I wouldn't mind receiving my Porsche like that haha.

Originally Posted by gmaki
Mine was delivered via covered transport to my paint protection installer. I never set foot in the dealership. My car was presented to me by the truck driver on the street. lol.

The only thing slightly poetic about the whole thing is the car was unloaded right at the spot Paul Walker and Roger Rodas passed. Purely coincidental.
That last part is pretty interesting though. The beginning of the F&F series was a fun part of my childhood.

Originally Posted by soupy
basically like this:

That's a great shot and I love how the lighting shows all the curves and the sculpted front end of the GT4. I'd much rather pick up my car when it's inside the showroom.

Originally Posted by Steve D
Only love letters in the mail to my lady during the rare times we are apart...
(see user1029's last pic)

Originally Posted by ExMB
Very nice, I'm starting to like white even more!

Originally Posted by rk-d
It would be pretty cool to see it under the lights in the lobby when I see it for the first time.

Under wraps would be a bit extreme and borderline embarrassing, but it would be fun - not gonna lie. Especially since the only time I've actually seen a GT4 was from 100 yards away for a few seconds.
Exactly ^
I feel that for the most part, cars look so much better under showroom lights as opposed to sunlight. I saw a Racing Yellow GT4 over the summer at the PWRS and the yellow looked faint. There's a yellow 991 Turbo and GT3 at my dealership and I loved how the yellow looked.
Old 01-06-2016, 11:52 PM
MrNurse
Pro

Originally Posted by Tass
My first one was in a "delivery room" just beside the main showroom at my local dealer. My next one will be delivered in Stuttgart
All those wheels in the "delivery room" :/ lol

I'm jealous! I wanted to do that as well, but I have a lot going on for the next few months and I want to receive my GT4 right away and just enjoy it for as much as I can during the spring/summer/fall. I would hate to wait 3-6 weeks while it's getting shipped to the US. Maybe next time when I eventually get a GT3.

Switchface had an awesome thread about his ED and it looked amazing.
https://rennlist.com/forums/gt4/9006...y-unicorn.html

Originally Posted by johnny2five
You would seriously enjoy bmw Ed. Don't know how the porsche one is because I've never done it, but bmw's is pretty awesome. Although it feels a little like a Ed factory, they still make you feel very special. And there's nothing like seeing you car spin on the floor below you, and being able to drive or directly off the floor. I saw grown men crying...no joke.
That would probably be me
Old 01-06-2016, 11:53 PM
gmaki
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by MrNurse
That last part is pretty interesting though. The beginning of the F&F series was a fun part of my childhood.
It was actually something I had hoped to avoid. I knew Roger and it seemed disrespectful. Unfortunately I did not see the truck pull up and unload my car because I was talking to the PPI people. I had intended to direct him to offload it further down the street.
Old 01-07-2016, 12:00 AM
jphughan
Drifting

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by MrNurse
Really??? Tell me you have a picture of that! It sounds like you had a great experience. I hope for something close to that when my GT4 arrives.
I did snap a few photos, but unfortunately the strongest light coming into the room was from the glass wall directly behind the car. That meant I was shooting straight into the light, which caused my iPhone camera to darken the car into oblivion, an issue exacerbated by my already dark DBM paint that ended up looking black in the photos, and the car was backed up too close to that wall for me to get any decent shots from behind it. That's why I posted the pictures from "presentation road" in my delivery thread here. It was a cool experience though.

Quick Reply: How was your GT4 presented to you upon pickup?