Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: APR

GT4 build, anything i should consider.

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2016, 04:45 PM
gac1077
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 13 Posts
Default GT4 build, anything i should consider.

Hello my GT4 build won't lock until March its there anything i should consider adding, I'll daily drive the car an also do a few weekends at the track every year. First time Porsche buyer coming from a M4.

Sapphire blue metallic

Leather interior, black (Stitching in racing yellow)

Extended fuel tank

Fire extinguisher

Net in passenger footwell

Bi-Xenon headlights in black. Porsche dynamic lights sys

Sport Chrono package. Porsche track app

Deviating stitching. Leather interior

Bucket seats

Seat belts in racing yellow

Thanks in advance.
Old 01-02-2016, 05:03 PM
willyb87
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

love the color combo. if its a DD i would probably look into adding Porsche Communication Management (PCM)...
Old 01-02-2016, 05:05 PM
Phil T
Burning Brakes

Received 94 Likes on 66 Posts

Congrats on your build......take a look at the smokers package. It will get rid of the hole in front of the arm rest.......Phil
Old 01-02-2016, 05:06 PM
MrNurse
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Light Design Package for sure.
Old 01-02-2016, 05:43 PM
jphughan
Drifting

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by willyb87
love the color combo. if its a DD i would probably look into adding Porsche Communication Management (PCM)...
Agreed, or at least CDR+ if you're ok with the roof wart, but with either CDR+ or PCM you get the higher-resolution display, BT audio streaming, and a USB port.

I'd also second the recommendation for the Smoker's Package since it looks a bit better and its power outlet makes a great place to connect a high-speed USB charger such as the Scosche USBC242M, which will do dual simultaneous 12W charging. Without the package, there's no convenient power outlet to use for this purpose; you either have to reach over into the passenger area or keep the center console storage lid open (or keep your phone inside the storage compartment while charging, I guess.)

2-zone climate control is a nice upgrade over manual AC; unfortunately there's no single-zone climate control option. But it's not essential, especially if you live in an area free of large and/or sudden ambient temperature changes.

Definitely consider the leather steering wheel and shifter on a DD unless you're prepared to do the work to keep Alcantara looking good.

I like auto-dimming mirrors because there's no other way to dim the side mirrors, which I find handy at night especially on a car this low, which seems to translate to more glare in those mirrors, even though my windows are tinted.

There are some other aesthetic options that I like, but they're certainly not necessary even on a DD, and it looks like you're going for a minimalist build anyway. Congrats!
Old 01-02-2016, 05:55 PM
khooni
Burning Brakes

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Just curious but what on earth is the fire extinguisher for? If it is a dd?
Old 01-02-2016, 06:02 PM
jphughan
Drifting

Originally Posted by khooni
In case of a 991 GT3 incident repeat?
Old 01-02-2016, 06:27 PM
Ferrarisimo
Burning Brakes

Received 59 Likes on 40 Posts

Old 01-02-2016, 06:33 PM
gac1077
Racer

Originally Posted by willyb87
I'm still debating PCM, i don't use it on my M4 but im planning on keeping this car longer than usual. Thanks

Originally Posted by M Ryder
Congrats on your build......take a look at the smokers package. It will get rid of the hole in front of the arm rest.......Phil
Yes ill add the smokers package to get rid of the hole. Thanks

Originally Posted by jphughan
Agreed, or at least CDR+ if you're ok with the roof wart, but with either CDR+ or PCM you get the higher-resolution display, BT audio streaming, and a USB port.

I'd also second the recommendation for the Smoker's Package since it looks a bit better and its power outlet makes a great place to connect a high-speed USB charger such as the Scosche USBC242M, which will do dual simultaneous 12W charging. Without the package, there's no convenient power outlet to use for this purpose; you either have to reach over into the passenger area or keep the center console storage lid open (or keep your phone inside the storage compartment while charging, I guess.)

2-zone climate control is a nice upgrade over manual AC; unfortunately there's no single-zone climate control option. But it's not essential, especially if you live in an area free of large and/or sudden ambient temperature changes.

Definitely consider the leather steering wheel and shifter on a DD unless you're prepared to do the work to keep Alcantara looking good.

I like auto-dimming mirrors because there's no other way to dim the side mirrors, which I find handy at night especially on a car this low, which seems to translate to more glare in those mirrors, even though my windows are tinted.

There are some other aesthetic options that I like, but they're certainly not necessary even on a DD, and it looks like you're going for a minimalist build anyway. Congrats!
Thanks, ill definitely add the leather steering and shifter, and will look at the dimming mirrors. I'm leaning towards getting PCM, i love to be able to stream music but i don't think ill be listening to anything other than the sound of the engine. My M4 sounds like crap in comparison.
Old 01-02-2016, 06:35 PM
gac1077
Racer

Someone beat me to it. RACECAR

yes it will be a DD but it will see the track a few weekend of the year.
Old 01-02-2016, 06:36 PM
gac1077
Racer

Originally Posted by jphughan
In case of a 991 GT3 incident repeat?

Oh Yes
Old 01-02-2016, 06:37 PM
sin911
Rennlist Member

Received 711 Likes on 432 Posts

Get Wing Supports in Black!!! Silver looks tacky for whatever reason...
Old 01-02-2016, 06:43 PM
MrNurse
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sin911
And silver is no longer available
Old 01-02-2016, 06:43 PM
jphughan
Drifting

Originally Posted by sin911
Black wing supports are now standard; silver can't even be ordered anymore.
Old 01-02-2016, 07:47 PM
willyb87
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Probably going to get crucified for saying this... I have bucket seats in mine, but if it was a DD that I was putting 15k miles on a year I would go with the 18 ways. I am not suggesting at all that the buckets aren't comfortable, they are snug and give you a true race feel but for daily driving I would have to say the 18 ways. They are more luxurious and comfy for longer rides, i guess. Just my opinion, the buckets are really damn cool though

Quick Reply: GT4 build, anything i should consider.