Notices
GT4/Spyder Discussions about the 981 GT4/Spyder
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: APR

Suncoast tinted tail lights for GT4.. thoughts??

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2016, 07:43 PM
cox1974
Rennlist Member

Received 121 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by Ferrarisiamo
Just email the folks at Suncoast. They sell the European GTS taillights and can get you the P/N (or just buy it directly from them).
i'm from italy and bought the lights from suncoast via their website

i needed to swap the connectors between the old lights and the new ones.... however no error code ...
Old 01-05-2016, 11:00 PM
Ferrarisimo
Burning Brakes

Received 57 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by cox1974
i'm from italy and bought the lights from suncoast via their website

i needed to swap the connectors between the old lights and the new ones.... however no error code ...
Great to know, thanks! Regarding the connectors, you can also file down the European ones a bit to make them fit the USDM cars, no?

Anyone ever import Super Famicom games from Japan for your SNES as a kid? Same deal
Old 01-06-2016, 04:15 AM
cox1974
Rennlist Member

Received 121 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by Ferrarisimo
Great to know, thanks! Regarding the connectors, you can also file down the European ones a bit to make them fit the USDM cars, no?

Anyone ever import Super Famicom games from Japan for your SNES as a kid? Same deal
nothing to file down mate.... only removed the connectors from the oem rear lights and putted them on the new ones... no need to modify anything....
Old 01-18-2016, 10:04 PM
Ferrarisimo
Burning Brakes

Received 57 Likes on 38 Posts

nothing to file down mate.... only removed the connectors from the oem rear lights and putted them on the new ones... no need to modify anything....
Did you replace a USDM taillight housing in a USDM car with a European taillight?
Old 09-23-2016, 03:02 PM
Robert Porter
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's really clean.. Thanks for figuring this out!

I have a NA Spec 2014 BS and changing out the tail lights as well with the Euro ones (opposite of what you did). Do you have any pictures you could share and any details on how/where you removed the connectors from the OEM lights?

Looking at the light assembly, it looks like there is a connector just inside the taillight that could be swapped with the OEM one, but not interested in forcing it. Any help would be greatly appreciated on how you did this.

Cheers,
Rob

Last edited by Robert Porter; 09-23-2016 at 04:03 PM.
Old 09-23-2016, 07:56 PM
Robert Porter
2nd Gear

Default GTS European Rear tail lights - Euro to North American (NA) Connector

Originally Posted by Robert Porter
That's really clean.. Thanks for figuring this out!

I have a NA Spec 2014 BS and changing out the tail lights as well with the Euro ones (opposite of what you did). Do you have any pictures you could share and any details on how/where you removed the connectors from the OEM lights?

Looking at the light assembly, it looks like there is a connector just inside the taillight that could be swapped with the OEM one, but not interested in forcing it. Any help would be greatly appreciated on how you did this.

Cheers,
Rob
So it turns out, a little force was necessary to remove the cables. Here is a brief how-to:

After removing the OEM light, disconnect it from the circuit board inside the light housing, remove the OEM cable from housing and install it onto the European Spec rear signal light housing.

Last edited by Robert Porter; 09-23-2016 at 11:51 PM. Reason: Added title
Old 10-02-2016, 12:47 AM
Perimeter
Rennlist Member

Received 328 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by realdrray
i'm seriously about to pull the trigger on the GTS tails, the stock GT4 tails just don't look specail to me
Who has the best prices?
Thank you
Old 10-02-2016, 01:00 AM
drwuss
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like the look of the GTS lights, and the GT4 tail lights are worth more money ($1200 each I think) so I contemplated doing the swap which would be easy work. But I am both cheap and lazy and didn't want to remove/scrape/cut any of the rubber protective crap that covers the access to the light fasteners in the fender wall so I kept the stock lights.
Old 10-02-2016, 02:06 AM
nxfedlt1
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

I have a set if anyone wants them as I am going to sell the car when the clubsport gets here.
Old 10-02-2016, 02:41 AM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

Received 64 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Perimeter
Who has the best prices?
Thank you
Sunset does ( I bought two sets )
Originally Posted by drwuss
I like the look of the GTS lights, and the GT4 tail lights are worth more money ($1200 each I think) so I contemplated doing the swap which would be easy work. But I am both cheap and lazy and didn't want to remove/scrape/cut any of the rubber protective crap that covers the access to the light fasteners in the fender wall so I kept the stock lights.
Nothing to cut or scrape ( takes 10 mins each side at the most ) Unless your speaking of the euro versions ?
And I think they look pretty awesome
Originally Posted by nxfedlt1
I have a set if anyone wants them as I am going to sell the car when the clubsport gets here.
No tears for you
Attached Images  
Old 10-04-2016, 12:18 AM
Leuz
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Crazy Eddie
Sunset does ( I bought two sets )

Nothing to cut or scrape ( takes 10 mins each side at the most ) Unless your speaking of the euro versions ?
And I think they look pretty awesome

No tears for you
I was wondering how those tail lights would look on black and they look pretty sick. Kinda thinking about them now... I need time off from this forum...
Old 10-04-2016, 12:33 AM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

Received 64 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Leuz
I was wondering how those tail lights would look on black and they look pretty sick. Kinda thinking about them now... I need time off from this forum...
Tell me about it .....

Quick Reply: Suncoast tinted tail lights for GT4.. thoughts??