Sponsored by: APR

Red or silver stitching

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2015, 04:30 PM
Gtsilvergt4
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Red or silver stitching

So I've decided on regular white for my GT4. Going with carbon fiber interior along with leather wheel, leather around steering column, leather door sills, and leather behind seats. Also illuminated carbon door sill.
I'm trying to pick between the silver stitching or red. I'm not convinced I like the red door handles but think the red stitching might otherwise add nicely to a dark interior. I'm awaiting an answer from my dealer as to whether silver or black could be substituted for the red door handles by Porsche.
Any thoughts, pictures greatly appreciated.
Old 12-23-2015, 04:35 PM
d00d
Rennlist Member

Received 275 Likes on 180 Posts

I choose red because the silver (and yellow) are more of a contrast to the black leather.
The red door handles are too much for me though, and I will be replacing those with black after I receive it.
Old 12-23-2015, 04:41 PM
csbear
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Gtsilvergt4
So I've decided on regular white for my GT4. Going with carbon fiber interior along with leather wheel, leather around steering column, leather door sills, and leather behind seats. Also illuminated carbon door sill.
I'm trying to pick between the silver stitching or red. I'm not convinced I like the red door handles but think the red stitching might otherwise add nicely to a dark interior. I'm awaiting an answer from my dealer as to whether silver or black could be substituted for the red door handles by Porsche.
Any thoughts, pictures greatly appreciated.
With a white GT4 I would definitively go red stitch inside, especially with the carbon fiber as you said it will be a little dark in there. White exterior and red interior is such a classic sports car color combo, plus the red brakes kind of "go" with it as well. I think a white exterior and silver interior is as bland as it can get personally. With such a neutral color on the outside, make it interesting on the inside I say!

I have an SBM exterior, so went with the Platinum interior to keep it balanced. But if I was buying an exterior that was silver, white, or black, I would want to liven up the interior with red or yellow. Just IMO...
Old 12-23-2015, 04:42 PM
jphughan
Drifting

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

White exterior and CF trim makes red a no-brainer here IMHO. If you don't like the door handles, they should be an easy replacement. I think Suncoast already sells them. Don't count on the factory playing ball though.
Old 12-23-2015, 04:47 PM
Ferrarisimo
Burning Brakes

Received 57 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by jphughan
White exterior and CF trim makes red a no-brainer here IMHO. If you don't like the door handles, they should be an easy replacement. I think Suncoast already sells them. Don't count on the factory playing ball though.
I'd even consider retrofitting them with GTS handles, assuming the casings are the same between the two.
Old 12-23-2015, 04:53 PM
Gtsilvergt4
Instructor

Originally Posted by Ferrarisimo
I'd even consider retrofitting them with GTS handles, assuming the casings are the same between the two.
That would be ideal. Does anyone know if that can be done?
Old 12-23-2015, 05:02 PM
gmaki
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

White paint, and red stitching is what I've got and I still love it in every way.

So obviously my recommendation is the red. It is also a rarer combo than silver if that matters.
Old 12-23-2015, 05:05 PM
RareAir
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Red or silver stitching

I've seen in person a GT4 in standard white with the silver stitching, and I find it to be a good combination that ties the bright exterior color in with the light stitching on the inside. Additionally, I personally have a hard time paying $1k for someone to load a different color of thread into a machine.

Just my $.02 obviously.

Update: my understanding is that door handle color comes along with the colored seat belt option, rather than the choice of deviated stitching... So a car with red stitch and black belts would have black door pulls. Is that not correct?
Old 12-23-2015, 05:09 PM
gmaki
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

The $1K is more for extended leather, not for stitching.

EDIT: This is incorrect. sorry about that. I paid too much for my stitching!

Last edited by gmaki; 12-23-2015 at 05:43 PM. Reason: WRONG! learn something new every day.
Old 12-23-2015, 05:18 PM
Gtsilvergt4
Instructor

Originally Posted by RareAir
I've seen in person a GT4 in standard white with the silver stitching, and I find it to be a good combination that ties the bright exterior color in with the light stitching on the inside. Additionally, I personally have a hard time paying $1k for someone to load a different color of thread into a machine.

Just my $.02 obviously.

Update: my understanding is that door handle color comes along with the colored seat belt option, rather than the choice of deviated stitching... So a car with red stitch and black belts would have black door pulls. Is that not correct?
No, the door handle ties to the stitching.
Old 12-23-2015, 05:18 PM
Mc21
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts

My car is coming in 2 weeks time, If anyone wants to trade their Red or Yellow door pull for my black pair, I would be down.
cheers!
Old 12-23-2015, 05:21 PM
jphughan
Drifting

Originally Posted by gmaki
True, but choosing red or yellow requires you to add the deviated stitching option, which is actually $1490.
Old 12-23-2015, 05:22 PM
Gtsilvergt4
Instructor

No, if I change from silver to red stitching on the build, the cost goes up around 1000.
However, I'm not worried about that. I'm just trying to get the best spec for me. The door handles in red don't work for me so I'll likely have to order black or silver ones from Suncoast for another 460 if I choose red thread and that's kind of annoying.
Old 12-23-2015, 05:23 PM
RareAir
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Let me clarify... Leather interior with stitching in Platinum Grey is $1,090. Leather interior with stitching in Yellow or Red is $1,090, plus the required Deviated Stitching i.c.w. Leather Interior, which is an additional $1,490.

Does the Deviated Stitching option add more leather as well as the colored thread?
Old 12-23-2015, 05:31 PM
jphughan
Drifting

Originally Posted by RareAir
Let me clarify... Leather interior with stitching in Platinum Grey is $1,090. Leather interior with stitching in Yellow or Red is $1,090, plus the required Deviated Stitching i.c.w. Leather Interior, which is an additional $1,490.

Does the Deviated Stitching option add more leather as well as the colored thread?
Nope, just different thread.

Quick Reply: Red or silver stitching