Sponsored by: APR

What did you do to your GT4 today?

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2019, 08:14 PM
Hoop71
Intermediate

Received 18 Likes on 5 Posts
Default New Plate

Picked up my vanity plate today. Looks like a regular plate with letters and numbers but those in the know.......will know.

Old 05-06-2019, 08:19 PM
NephroC4S
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Orthodx that is amazing! Are you still tracking it a lot? I was hoping to see you at MayFast at Hallett this past weekend.
Old 05-06-2019, 09:24 PM
needmoregarage
Rennlist Member

Received 1,309 Likes on 561 Posts

Originally Posted by orthodx2000
I passed 100,000 miles today, delivery was sept 2015. Obviously is my daily driver.

i believe until someone proves otherwise I have the highest mileage GT4 in the world.
AWESOME!!!!
Old 05-06-2019, 09:45 PM
cmosman
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by NephroC4S
Orthodx that is amazing! Are you still tracking it a lot? I was hoping to see you at MayFast at Hallett this past weekend.
Hi NephroC4S, saw you at Hallett last weekend!
Silver GT4 here. My pleasure seeing you again! Oktoberfast?
Just loving Hallett! 1:25 !
Get your alignment ;-)

The following users liked this post:
MAD3 (10-03-2019)
Old 05-06-2019, 10:33 PM
JSF101
Burning Brakes

Received 169 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by greggmorton
Whoa! Nice one...
yes, that's more than double !!! what we've got (41,000)
I think someone has over 50,000 so we'll settle for 3rd highest
Old 05-06-2019, 11:30 PM
NephroC4S
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by cmosman
Hi NephroC4S, saw you at Hallett last weekend!
Silver GT4 here. My pleasure seeing you again! Oktoberfast?
Just loving Hallett! 1:25 !
Get your alignment ;-)

Hey! Great seeing you at Hallett and appreciate all your tips and tricks. You are a fantastic driver! I emailed my contact today about getting an alignment. Need to keep that rear end down and squiggle free under threshold braking if I hope to ever catch you!😉
Hopefully I can make Oktoberfast. Stay in touch.
Old 05-07-2019, 10:20 PM
okkin
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by GoKart Mozart

Installed my lightweight Lithium Ion battery from Antigravity today. Perfect fit and ~30 lbs lighter.

Then went for a drive and a wash

GoKart

Model of Battery? I went to Antigravity site and they don't list the GT4? 30 Pounds is significant.....thank you
Old 05-08-2019, 03:19 PM
ajw45
Three Wheelin'

Received 318 Likes on 168 Posts

Originally Posted by orthodx2000
I passed 100,000 miles today, delivery was sept 2015. Obviously is my daily driver.

i believe until someone proves otherwise I have the highest mileage GT4 in the world.
Old 05-08-2019, 03:29 PM
GoKart Mozart
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by okkin
GoKart

Model of Battery? I went to Antigravity site and they don't list the GT4? 30 Pounds is significant.....thank you
It's the H6 model I believe.
Old 05-08-2019, 07:16 PM
Antigravity
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 976 Likes on 542 Posts

GoKart

Yes, looks like the H6 (which are unfortunately out of stock currently), you should however also be able to use the H7 (40Ah option currently in stock). Most current models have 3 holes for mounting in the battery tray so you would just need to move the side cleat over if your old battery was an H6 size. As lead/acid options would get physically bigger for larger capacity Porsche made the tray available to fit H6, H7, and H8 sizes as it's just the length that increases with each model. With Lithium the physical size doesn't need to be altered in these options to increase capacity.

-Chad
Old 05-08-2019, 08:18 PM
okkin
Instructor

Thank you bud, much appreciated
Old 05-08-2019, 08:22 PM
okkin
Instructor

I almost forgot...was Dealer calibrating necessary for anything when switching from OEM battery to these? Or is this just drop and go? Thank you
Old 05-08-2019, 08:29 PM
okkin
Instructor

Originally Posted by Antigravity
Yes, looks like the H6 (which are unfortunately out of stock currently), you should however also be able to use the H7 (40Ah option currently in stock). Most current models have 3 holes for mounting in the battery tray so you would just need to move the side cleat over if your old battery was an H6 size. As lead/acid options would get physically bigger for larger capacity Porsche made the tray available to fit H6, H7, and H8 sizes as it's just the length that increases with each model. With Lithium the physical size doesn't need to be altered in these options to increase capacity.

-Chad
Thank You Chad,

I will measure my battery sometime over the next weeks when I arrive home. But in the meantime. Maybe you help educate me....
Any risk with these batteries? Fires, Heat , worry about temperamental charging?
OEM drop in replacement? Bolt on and go?
Old 05-09-2019, 04:22 PM
Antigravity
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 976 Likes on 542 Posts

Thank You Chad,

I will measure my battery sometime over the next weeks when I arrive home. But in the meantime. Maybe you help educate me....
Any risk with these batteries? Fires, Heat , worry about temperamental charging?
OEM drop in replacement? Bolt on and go?
Hi Okkin, so the short answer here is no. You have protections built into this battery to protect it against such events. Now to elaborate, fires are not a common occurrence by all means, but yes they can happen but more so it's made a very big deal of when it does. The condition called thermal runaway can occur and generate extreme heat, in turn this sometimes can be the result of over charging, charging an over discharged battery too fast or literally from being exposed to too much heat. So first and foremost the battery would need to be put in a scenario where it is susceptible to those conditions, typically if the charging system is working correctly and the battery is maintained and not allowed to over discharge that shouldn't occur and even if it those conditions do exist, mot of the time you'll just end up with a battery that fails and no longer functions or holds a charge. Where our BMS(battery management system) comes into play is taking it a step further so that it will not let it get over discharged or even if one of those conditions did exist the battery will remove itself from the equation not allowing it to be damaged. Does that mean you should run the battery if any of those conditions exist? No, not so much and you would still want to get them addressed and corrected but the BMS is going to protect your battery and give it the best possible life span and performance in the process.

For sizing, yes, as long as we're looking at stock models the battery's will be a drop in fit, no additional mounts or hardware needed as the stock components will bolt it down and you're good to go. For 911's you'll usually have the 3 size options which will all work.

Hopefully that helps for but please let me know if you have any other questions. You can always email me directly at chad@antigravitybatteries.com as I will usually see those emails much faster than replies on the forum
-Chad
Old 05-10-2019, 07:46 PM
iammacey
Burning Brakes

Received 376 Likes on 207 Posts

Finally got my windows tinted and ClearPlex installed on the windshield! Now I have to wait to allow the ClearPlex to set, but excited to have it all done.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your GT4 today?