Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: APR

What did you do to your GT4 today?

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2017, 01:18 AM
ajw45
Three Wheelin'

Received 318 Likes on 168 Posts

Satin black painted steering wheel trim. No more reflections and glare off the steering wheel!
Old 10-08-2017, 05:41 AM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Received 983 Likes on 509 Posts

Nice touch.
Old 10-08-2017, 08:47 AM
okie981
Rennlist Member

Received 605 Likes on 414 Posts

Originally Posted by ajw45
Satin black painted steering wheel trim. No more reflections and glare off the steering wheel!
Paging Crazy Eddie...here's your next leather covered product idea....

I have the similar Sport Steering Wheel on my BS. Also on my BS, the standard bright trim on the center console can be very distracting and annoying, more so when the top is down, so much so that the leather covered version is on my "what I want for Christmas" list.

When I ordered my GT4 (gone now, sold to Rennlister ducsfly) I specified the leather options for all the shiny trim in the dash above the glove box, left/right of the steering wheel, on the doors, and center console. I loved the look. Ducsfly liked it also when he picked the car up and saw it in person.
Old 10-10-2017, 03:40 PM
VLJ
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Got this exhaust on the car, disappointed in a few things about it and may end up selling it and putting stock back on. It's obnoxiously loud in the car but sounds great outside, love the tone and the volume from outside the car. The bad part was all the people who told me it wouldn't fit right without modification and I thought "nah, these people are just parroting the few experiences they have read about online". Those people were correct, it needed modification from the machine shop next door to even fit on the car. At the end of the day though I am happy with the way it sounded when I let my girlfriend drive it down the street and back and I'm happy with the fit once it got on three hours later.

Old 10-11-2017, 12:52 AM
ajw45
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by okie981
Paging Crazy Eddie...here's your next leather covered product idea....

I have the similar Sport Steering Wheel on my BS. Also on my BS, the standard bright trim on the center console can be very distracting and annoying, more so when the top is down, so much so that the leather covered version is on my "what I want for Christmas" list.

When I ordered my GT4 (gone now, sold to Rennlister ducsfly) I specified the leather options for all the shiny trim in the dash above the glove box, left/right of the steering wheel, on the doors, and center console. I loved the look. Ducsfly liked it also when he picked the car up and saw it in person.
Exclusive Option will wrap it in leather for $$$, carbon wrapped from db carbon is $$, black paint was $. Lots of options, just pick your $. I still think the OEM 911r part could work but haven't found the part number....
Old 10-11-2017, 01:01 AM
ajw45
Three Wheelin'

Custom roll bar from DeMan Motorsports!

Old 10-11-2017, 11:25 AM
Fabspeed Motorsport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 676 Likes on 430 Posts

Originally Posted by VLJ
Got this exhaust on the car, disappointed in a few things about it and may end up selling it and putting stock back on. It's obnoxiously loud in the car but sounds great outside, love the tone and the volume from outside the car. The bad part was all the people who told me it wouldn't fit right without modification and I thought "nah, these people are just parroting the few experiences they have read about online". Those people were correct, it needed modification from the machine shop next door to even fit on the car. At the end of the day though I am happy with the way it sounded when I let my girlfriend drive it down the street and back and I'm happy with the fit once it got on three hours later.

Hey John, thanks for posting up! I'm surprised to hear you had issues with fitment, as I never heard from you regrading this or any issues and certainly would have worked with you to resolve whatever you may have encountered with installation. We have installed a number of these systems here at the shop to satisfied customers without issue, and I quote 2 hours when we install this system here, so 3 hours isn't too far off

Glad to hear you're enjoying the sound!! Even though we chatted about the valvetronic exhaust so that you would have the option of a valves closed, more subtle exhaust tone and decreased cabin presence, I'm glad you're finding the sound you wanted out of our lightweight competition exhaust. It's certainly epic! I hope that every time you drive the car it satisfies your desire for it to be "an occasion" as you put it before; I like where your heads at!

Old 10-11-2017, 10:57 PM
user1029
Rennlist Member

Received 550 Likes on 267 Posts

Weren't you single a few months ago?
Old 10-16-2017, 08:00 PM
DC640
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Got a new floor lift. I wanted to avoid a hydrolic portable lift so I gave this a try. All mechanical and you use your corded power drill to make it go up and down. I am not very good at using jackstands so this way safer for me. http://ezcarlift.com/ No afflication. i just like the product.

Cleaning the calipers and inspecting brakes after track day was good enough use for this lift.

Old 10-29-2017, 12:43 PM
aryork
Rennlist Member

Received 157 Likes on 90 Posts

Drove the car home! Very happy with all the work done at Caliber Collision-Paragon. Elapsed time was about 5.5 months, but only ~2 months worth of real work was done and the rest was waiting on parts and/or "administrative" delays in working with the insurance.
Attached Images  
Old 10-29-2017, 01:58 PM
morjo02
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by aryork
Drove the car home! Very happy with all the work done at Caliber Collision-Paragon. Elapsed time was about 5.5 months, but only ~2 months worth of real work was done and the rest was waiting on parts and/or "administrative" delays in working with the insurance.
what happened ?? tracked ?
Old 10-29-2017, 02:44 PM
aryork
Rennlist Member

Received 157 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by morjo02
what happened ?? tracked ?
Yes, at VIR in the rain. There are a couple threads on it from a few months back. Unlucky combination of lifting and going through running water/hydroplaning caused a spin on a straight. Cup 2s.
Old 10-29-2017, 03:25 PM
ajw45
Three Wheelin'

Nice! Car looks great!
Old 10-29-2017, 08:41 PM
chillindrdude
Burning Brakes

Received 61 Likes on 39 Posts

you mentioned insurance....was it track insurance? or your regular policy?

i've used lockton, but always wondered how easy/difficult working with them for a claim...
Old 11-07-2017, 04:10 PM
mathfuzzy
Rennlist Member

Received 397 Likes on 134 Posts

I spent a totally silly and unnecessary $150 on this...and then installed it. Unnecessary, but it'll make me smile every time I buy gas.
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: What did you do to your GT4 today?