Sponsored by: APR

There are allocations out there

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2015, 04:37 PM
krell
Burning Brakes

Received 154 Likes on 96 Posts
Default There are allocations out there

I had a private party sale lined up as of Sunday, and was trying to get back to the seller with a deposit the last two days but have been busy at work. Based on the posts here today about possible allocations showing up, I took my lunch break and cold called 13 dealers in the Midwest and one in Pennsylvania.

I found two in the Chicago area with spots, one of which I snapped up! The other one is available at Napleton Porsche at $10k over MSRP if anyone wants to call. My dealer does not charge over sticker thankfully.

There may also be one available at Bucks County Porsche in Pennsylvania. I've been playing phone tag with the sales guy and haven't confirmed, but it's at least a lead.

My thanks to the forum for saving me some $$$, which will in turn let me build the car the way I want. And if the lead above help someone out, that would be great. LMK if something works out.
Old 12-08-2015, 05:39 PM
konaforever
Burning Brakes

Received 173 Likes on 85 Posts

Congrats!
Old 12-08-2015, 05:52 PM
Patrick3000
Rennlist Member

Received 442 Likes on 244 Posts

Congratulations and kudos to you for sharing the leads!
Old 12-08-2015, 06:55 PM
MrNurse
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by krell
I had a private party sale lined up as of Sunday, and was trying to get back to the seller with a deposit the last two days but have been busy at work. Based on the posts here today about possible allocations showing up, I took my lunch break and cold called 13 dealers in the Midwest and one in Pennsylvania.

I found two in the Chicago area with spots, one of which I snapped up! The other one is available at Napleton Porsche at $10k over MSRP if anyone wants to call. My dealer does not charge over sticker thankfully.

There may also be one available at Bucks County Porsche in Pennsylvania. I've been playing phone tag with the sales guy and haven't confirmed, but it's at least a lead.

My thanks to the forum for saving me some $$$, which will in turn let me build the car the way I want. And if the lead above help someone out, that would be great. LMK if something works out.
I just put a deposit down for the one at Bucks County Porsche thanks to your lead. Sorry bud.

jk. I already have an allocation
Old 12-08-2015, 08:11 PM
chewy08753
Racer

Received 132 Likes on 31 Posts

Funny story bucks had two gt4s on the lot a sbm with lwbs and a black one
Attached Images  
Old 12-08-2015, 08:29 PM
Jeffvan1
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I took the spot at Napleton in Chicago area. After calling and/or e-mailing 10 dealers, none had an allocation other than at $15K over or more. Kudos to those that found spots at MSRP!
Old 12-08-2015, 08:30 PM
Jeffvan1
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Krell - may I ask which dealer you found a spot at in the Chicago area? And were you already on their list and waiting, or was that a cold-call?
Old 12-08-2015, 10:14 PM
malrash
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeffvan1
I took the spot at Napleton in Chicago area. After calling and/or e-mailing 10 dealers, none had an allocation other than at $15K over or more. Kudos to those that found spots at MSRP!
Napleton has another at 10k over. I respectfully declined. Too rich for my blood.
Old 12-08-2015, 10:25 PM
docfink
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

With all these allocations, I'm beginning to think we'll see more GT4s than all the GTS models combined!
Old 12-08-2015, 10:46 PM
jphughan
Drifting

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by docfink
With all these allocations, I'm beginning to think we'll see more GT4s than all the GTS models combined!
Nah, being on the GT4 forum makes it feel that way; it's a psychological principle called the availability heuristic. Basically if you see a lot of examples of something around you, your belief about how prevalent that thing is in the world at large becomes skewed.
Old 12-08-2015, 10:52 PM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

Received 64 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by krell

One of the best dealerships out there...
I dealt with Matt Kuhnle awesome guy !!
Old 12-08-2015, 11:10 PM
kiger0183
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Not in Utah. Im currently like #7 with my deposit at one dealership and #10ish at the other without a deposit. Boise isnt even adding me to their list because its so deep and LV is quite long as well.

I guess if you want to spend $10k above MSRP there are some available. For those waiting at MSRP its not that easy.
Old 12-08-2015, 11:35 PM
ny991
Nordschleife Master

Received 164 Likes on 114 Posts

I traded my 2013 991 CS in for a February build. The dealer asked if he could have my 991 now. I asked him what he would do for me for giving him the car early and he said, I am giving you the car for MSRP. I didn't argue about that.
Old 12-09-2015, 02:41 AM
MrNurse
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ny991
I traded my 2013 991 CS in for a February build. The dealer asked if he could have my 991 now. I asked him what he would do for me for giving him the car early and he said, I am giving you the car for MSRP. I didn't argue about that.
Did you give the car back early?
I really despise Porsche dealerships that would take advantage and charge over MSRP.
Old 12-09-2015, 03:05 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,800 Likes on 2,166 Posts

I got on my midwest dealer's list in April and only got the call at the end of Oct for an allocation so I'm sure their list is fairly long (they are a high volume premier dealer too) but they sell all their GT cars at MSRP.

Quick Reply: There are allocations out there