Sponsored by: APR

PTS gone for GT4?

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2015, 10:12 PM
Bullitt44
Burning Brakes

Received 44 Likes on 33 Posts
Default PTS gone for GT4?

PTS is no longer on the Porsche website configurator.

Interesting.

http://cc.porsche.com/icc_pcna/ccCal...fmodelstart%2f
Old 11-26-2015, 10:49 PM
jphughan
Drifting

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

It's been gone for longer than it's been absent from the configurator. I believe only December and January builds have PTS available (those who ordered for earlier allocations had their build dates pushed to later in the year or their requests denied outright), and after that the PTS window isn't expected to open again before the GT4 reaches end of production.
Old 11-27-2015, 01:36 AM
nowata
Rennlist Member

Received 75 Likes on 42 Posts

In the words of my sales rep, Porsche is enjoying enough business that they don't need to offer pts. Pts is unavailable on every model. If they weren't selling a particular model at desired levels they would likely open up pts. This is what I was told.

Pts seems like the snow check program that sleds offer...essentially rewarding the early orders with the ability to pick limited colors for their snowmobiles.
Old 11-27-2015, 01:51 AM
BryanCO
Drifting

Received 208 Likes on 148 Posts

There are other threads on the topic...but PTS became available late June, was very popular (orders accepted), Porsche issued a stop order effective 7/24 (IIRC), Porsche said PTS was oversold and pulled a bunch (most?) of the PTS orders.
Old 11-27-2015, 11:23 AM
sapman
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by jphughan
It's been gone for longer than it's been absent from the configurator. I believe only December and January builds have PTS available (those who ordered for earlier allocations had their build dates pushed to later in the year or their requests denied outright), and after that the PTS window isn't expected to open again before the GT4 reaches end of production.
Mostly correct, but some PTS cars (including mine) are arriving into dealerships this week and next. They were built in the last month.
Old 11-27-2015, 01:29 PM
Da Hapa
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by sapman
Mostly correct, but some PTS cars (including mine) are arriving into dealerships this week and next. They were built in the last month.
off topic but I can not wait to see photos of our voodoo blue GT4. I couldn't make up my mind on the extra $ for PTS and missed my window by a day. I'm still very happy with GR but I think you're going to have a very, very special car.
Old 11-27-2015, 01:35 PM
sapman
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Da Hapa
off topic but I can not wait to see photos of our voodoo blue GT4. I couldn't make up my mind on the extra $ for PTS and missed my window by a day. I'm still very happy with GR but I think you're going to have a very, very special car.
Thanks, I think so too. My order actually locked the day before PTS became available, but my rockstar SA was able to get PTS added after pulling a few strings. At the time I was a little bit on the fence about spending the extra for PTS, but am happy I did so now.
Old 11-27-2015, 02:29 PM
TONY AIR C2S
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 23 Posts

Wish I had the chance to get PTS. Congrats to all that did, you are in a elite group. I am still grateful that I got a car at all.
Old 11-27-2015, 02:45 PM
cbrett
Rennlist Member

Received 168 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by TONY AIR C2S
Wish I had the chance to get PTS. Congrats to all that did, you are in a elite group. I am still grateful that I got a car at all.
When i got an allocation PTS was still available on the configurator and was a big reason i was able to convince my wife to let me get a GT4. She loves her some mexico blue. We are having to go with CWM. I think the upcharge for PTS is well worth it and would pay more than what they were asking.
Old 11-28-2015, 03:08 AM
BryanCO
Drifting

Originally Posted by cbrett
When i got an allocation PTS was still available on the configurator and was a big reason i was able to convince my wife to let me get a GT4. She loves her some mexico blue. We are having to go with CWM. I think the upcharge for PTS is well worth it and would pay more than what they were asking.
I had an 'approved/accepted' PTS order for about 6 weeks...then I didn't...

How about this CWM? Edit - Oryx white pearl effect metallic

Last edited by BryanCO; 11-28-2015 at 11:30 AM.
Old 11-28-2015, 07:21 AM
<3mph
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Looks a lot like this PTS colour (Oryx white pearl effect metallic) to me. Are you sure it's CWM?

Originally Posted by SpeeddemonC2
FYI - This is what an Oryx white 918 looks like... From the 2014 Geneva Show

Porsche 918 Spyder - Driving & Electric Sound - YouTube

The video shows it close up - it is actually a gloss white metallic
Originally Posted by Z356
Daniel is correct. This color is an additional $5500 to the normal $5500 cost for PTS. So that the total cost of ordering 'Oryx White Pearl Effect Metallic', color code 'OK1', is US$11,000. In German, the name is 'oryxweiß perlmutteffekt'.

For more info on this color, see this older thread:

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3/...new-color.html

Donn: 'Oryx White Pearl Effect Metallic' is a general PTS color for Porsche. It's available on everything from the Panamera to the 981 Cayman & Boxster. So it's not technically speaking an exclusive 918 PTS color or anything of the type.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Old 11-28-2015, 11:26 AM
BryanCO
Drifting

^^ Certainly could be. I recall the SA telling me, a number of months ago, that it was CWM but he could have been wrong or I could just be remembering incorrectly.
Old 11-28-2015, 11:32 AM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Received 6,204 Likes on 2,716 Posts

Yeah, that's definitely a pearl white.

Quick Reply: PTS gone for GT4?