Now even an idiot can do it
Great job
Thanks! An idiot did do it, and made a GIF out of it
Old 11-13-2015, 04:52 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,801 Likes on 2,167 Posts

Originally Posted by ExMB
Its a 2 person job. 1 to do the work and the other one to supervise and drink beer.

The back one has the holes and the front needs to be pivoting.
Wow, how did you know? Spyerx did the adjustment for me while I drank the beer and did quality control.
Old 11-13-2015, 01:14 PM
DrPhil Gandini
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

To answer the question of removing the bolts that hold the wing to the brackets, they are Loctited in place, but it's blue Loctite. The wing has nuts moulded into it, and so removal is simply a matter of undoing the bolts and lifting the wing off (it sits on the brackets with the bolts removed, but it's only their by gravity.)
Old 11-13-2015, 01:35 PM
IrishAndy
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by DrPhil Gandini
To answer the question of removing the bolts that hold the wing to the brackets, they are Loctited in place, but it's blue Loctite. The wing has nuts moulded into it, and so removal is simply a matter of undoing the bolts and lifting the wing off (it sits on the brackets with the bolts removed, but it's only their by gravity.)
Great extra info - I was wondering about that one
Old 11-13-2015, 01:40 PM
mm1
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 16 Posts

Is it weird that I kinda want to remove the wing in the winter and hang it on my wall? (maybe with Porsche letters on it).

My car will be covered for 4-5 months so it pains me not to have some reminder. Then again the wing looks cool under the cover too. Maybe I should just buy another wing... it can't be that expensive. (lol, Porsche wing, not expensive...)
Old 11-13-2015, 02:34 PM
IrishAndy
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by mm1
Is it weird that I kinda want to remove the wing in the winter and hang it on my wall? (maybe with Porsche letters on it).

My car will be covered for 4-5 months so it pains me not to have some reminder. Then again the wing looks cool under the cover too. Maybe I should just buy another wing... it can't be that expensive. (lol, Porsche wing, not expensive...)
Same here. I'd love to take the wing off, but I know something will go wrong.

Either I'd drop it or my wife would 'tidy up' and I'd never find the thing again
Old 11-14-2015, 02:14 AM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,730 Likes on 1,058 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
Wow, how did you know? Spyerx did the adjustment for me while I drank the beer and did quality control.
is it straight?
Old 03-26-2016, 02:36 AM
Yomi
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think in terms of mechanical things I'm a sub-idiot. I'll try to get my dealer to do it. They seemed dubious when I talked about it at purchase time, but relucantly said it's possible for them to do it. I think the "not for road use" stuff scared them, and adjusting the anti-roll bars brought out discussions of excessive camber causing tire wear (uh... what? methinks someone was confused about what was being discussed).

But that seems easier than my stripping all the wing bolts trying to use hex keys, and without a good way to lift the car there is no way I'm doing the sway bars. I adjusted the anti-sway bars on my Subaru, but it was much more obvious (and had way more space underneath -- a quick duck and you could see and muck with everything).
Old 04-05-2016, 07:02 PM
Derek_C
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice thread. I'm full aero now. Going to NCM this weekend. Going with full aero, sway bars - middle front, stiff rear.
Old 05-25-2017, 11:00 PM
Kelsey
Racer

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Excellent Thread. But one question .. when the car comes from the factory are the rear bolts on the wing in the bottom holes or top holes? Thanks in advance.
Old 05-26-2017, 12:48 AM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

Received 64 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Kelsey
Excellent Thread. But one question .. when the car comes from the factory are the rear bolts on the wing in the bottom holes or top holes? Thanks in advance.
The rear spoiler is set up for least drag, as in least down force (lowest setting )
and the front pieces under the front spoiler ( near the brake ducts would have to be removed) if one chooses to put the rear spoiler at full rake
Old 05-26-2017, 01:05 AM
martinc
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If Laguna and Thunderhill are really the only two tracks to drive, do the spoiler adjustments make any difference?
Old 05-26-2017, 09:07 AM
Kelsey
Racer

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Follow up question

Sorry still not clear. When looking at the rear wing the rear screw has two settings. Top slot and a bottom slot. When the screw is in the top slot the wing appears to be more flat and I would assume that is how it was set from the factory? If the rear screw is set in the bottom slot that would provide the rear of the wing being pushed upwards thus proving more rake. Is this assumption correct? Thank you.

Quick Reply: GT4 Aero Adjustment