Sponsored by: APR

Autocross & track videos

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2022, 05:53 AM
Nate Tempest
Rennlist Member

Received 119 Likes on 70 Posts
Default Autocross & track videos

Made a little video of the first autocross I got out to in the GT4 if anyone's interested:

Also did one a couple weeks ago when I took it out for a session at the end of a time attack. (Was mostly driving my S2000 that day, but did a few laps in the GT4 too.)
The following users liked this post:
nhnguy12 (10-15-2022)
Old 10-16-2022, 09:24 AM
Emosgarage
Instructor

Received 297 Likes on 106 Posts

that’s. cool video. nice edit. good save in the GT4 coming off that turn. also, those switchbacks look like a fun part of the track. thx for sharing
The following users liked this post:
Nate Tempest (10-16-2022)
Old 10-23-2022, 02:21 AM
Nate Tempest
Rennlist Member

Got some unexpectedly nice weather this month, so managed to get out for one last track day before the end of the season. First full day in the GT4 and managed to shed some time vs the lap above...

Old 10-26-2022, 07:35 PM
Dpmarc
Rennlist Member

Received 264 Likes on 72 Posts

Nice! So what was your end result on Sway Bar adjustment? Hard rear, front soft? What are they stock? medium/medium?

Thanks!
Old 10-27-2022, 12:59 AM
Nate Tempest
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Dpmarc
Nice! So what was your end result on Sway Bar adjustment? Hard rear, front soft? What are they stock? medium/medium?

Thanks!
Yeah, stock is medium/medium. When I got the car I immediately moved the rear bar to stiff, so the first time I had it out on track (for just one session, in the day along with the S2000) I was medium/stiff. (I also set it to high aero.) For this one, I moved one side of the front bar to soft. (With a sway bar you can have an in-between setting by having the two sides on different holes.) So this most recent video had the front between soft and medium. With the way the rest of the car is set up currently, to me that felt perfectly balanced. Just slightly loose (oversteer biased). I could see different drivers liking the front bar on medium, full soft, or in-between like I had it, depending on the track and individual preference. Definitely think you want to be stiffer in the rear than the stock setup though.

Decided I am indeed going to make some tweaks over the winter. I'm thinking camber plates, thrust arm bushings, tie rods, rear toe links, slightly stiffer springs on stock dampers. Also catted headers, plenum and TB, high flow filters, and a tune. That should allow for a good amount of camber, so the tires won't scream at me while cooking the outside shoulder, as well as a bit of added stiffness and a bit more power. Should be pretty fun.

Quick Reply: Autocross & track videos