Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: APR

Australian GT4s

Old 09-09-2017, 06:01 AM
mungee
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by James88
Impressive power increase, do you have any torque figure?
Originally Posted by Warwick Morris
Great result. There'll be no catching you now!
That's 40 bhp ATW which must make the car something like 430 bhp at the crank and right in there with 997 GT3's
Thanks I'm actually going to go to BWA Auto also to do a few runs on the Maha dyno which you cannot change and it also fairly accurately measured engine power. So we will see. But overall the flat spot before 5k rpm is gone and it a lot more spirited to drive.

The Maha will give me torque and power figures we can all analyse in depth. But I agree should be close to 420-430hp...we will see.

Some sticky tyres and brake pads should be interesting with this power now
Old 09-09-2017, 08:16 PM
Charliekay
Racer

Received 55 Likes on 25 Posts

That's some great figures. Would be good to see how much quicker you are now with those mods.
Old 09-09-2017, 11:08 PM
mungee
Racer

Originally Posted by Charliekay
That's some great figures. Would be good to see how much quicker you are now with those mods.
Probably none - lol. Hopefully a bit, we'll find out next month. Also trying to get to supersprints in 2 weeks time are you guys going?

the power will help the extra Drag I have and the torque will help coming out of corners especially last turn onto straight as I use 3rd there
Old 09-11-2017, 02:14 AM
Warwick Morris
Pro

Received 238 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by mungee
Probably none - lol. Hopefully a bit, we'll find out next month. Also trying to get to supersprints in 2 weeks time are you guys going?

the power will help the extra Drag I have and the torque will help coming out of corners especially last turn onto straight as I use 3rd there
Hi Mungee, I'll be at the sprint trying to catch you.
Old 09-11-2017, 09:03 AM
mungee
Racer

Originally Posted by Warwick Morris
Hi Mungee, I'll be at the sprint trying to catch you.
LOL...I'm sure it will be the other way around..be great to meet. I just need to move some things around to make it..hopefully I can.
Old 09-20-2017, 06:35 PM
Charliekay
Racer

Went to a track day at SMSP yesterday. First time with the GT4 on the GP Circuit and first proper day with the new wheels and tyres.

Managed a 1.46.45 which I am quite happy with. Considering the lap wasn't the prettiest, my shifting wasn't great and still finding the limits of the car/tyre combo. I think I can do a 1.44.xx just by cleaning up my lines.

Anyways here is a video of the lap, the video and timing/data overlay don't line up perfectly but it's close enough.

Old 09-21-2017, 02:18 AM
mungee
Racer

Went to a track day at SMSP yesterday. First time with the GT4 on the GP Circuit and first proper day with the new wheels and tyres.

Managed a 1.46.45 which I am quite happy with. Considering the lap wasn't the prettiest, my shifting wasn't great and still finding the limits of the car/tyre combo. I think I can do a 1.44.xx just by cleaning up my lines.

Anyways here is a video of the lap, the video and timing/data overlay don't line up perfectly but it's close enough.

https://youtu.be/Y4MrwFUS4hk
Looks like you had fun though...glad we are not there tomorrow or Friday - will be stinking hot.

I noticed u short shift into 4th in a few places, and don't use 2nd on a few corners..there is plenty of time there for you also in less gear changes and more power using 2nd as I have found.
Old 09-21-2017, 02:32 AM
Charliekay
Racer

Looks like you had fun though...glad we are not there tomorrow or Friday - will be stinking hot.

I noticed u short shift into 4th in a few places, and don't use 2nd on a few corners..there is plenty of time there for you also in less gear changes and more power using 2nd as I have found.
Yeh short shifted in that video, other videos I did better. I was too busy worrying about the grip and how the different tyres were doing that I screwed up some of time.

A bit of time in it but overall alot of fun.

If you watch this video there is 2.5 laps. At the 1.35 mark I come around the last corner onto the straight and floor it with a 996 Turbo and 991 GT3RS. Gives a good comparison of all 3 cars. I am sure the 996 Turbo came off the throttle as he saw me on the inside.

Old 09-21-2017, 07:29 AM
mungee
Racer

Here is my 1.43.7 from the other week chasing hard to catch Mark.

I purchased some Girodisc rotors and sticker pads now, so looking forward to trying them out with the new Trofeos/Koyas when we go out next month. I'm Really keen to try the sticker tyres with my current setup

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QXm...ature=youtu.be
Old 09-21-2017, 08:03 AM
Charliekay
Racer

Here is my 1.43.7 from the other week chasing hard to catch Mark.

I purchased some Girodisc rotors and sticker pads now, so looking forward to trying them out with the new Trofeos/Koyas when we go out next month. I'm Really keen to try the sticker tyres with my current setup

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QXm...ature=youtu.be
Looking forward to chasing you, gonna be hard for me to keep up.
Old 09-21-2017, 08:18 AM
mungee
Racer

Looking forward to chasing you, gonna be hard for me to keep up.
Not at all. I shaved 1mm off the back of my rear koyas also at BSA, and have fitted 295's instead. So they are now a 46 offset
Old 09-21-2017, 05:57 PM
Charliekay
Racer

Not at all. I shaved 1mm off the back of my rear koyas also at BSA, and have fitted 295's instead. So they are now a 46 offset
Perfect. Mine run a 47 offset and they are very close so you probably got 1mm more. lol.
Old 09-21-2017, 07:07 PM
mungee
Racer

Perfect. Mine run a 47 offset and they are very close so you probably got 1mm more. lol.
Thanks for the BSA tip..I thought id go 1mm to start as we can always shave another 1mm next time.

Lets get you into the 43's next time out!! Howe did you go with pressures this time, did you lower them?
Old 09-21-2017, 07:45 PM
Bardman
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Hey guys,

I am up for an insurance renewal. I know there were some posts buried earlier on insurance but has anyone got an insurance firm they would recommend.

I was on an insurance premium of around 2.3k with AAMI on an agreed value of around 190k (with a 3k excess - I am comfortable with high excesses). I didnt mind that, but this year its gone to 2.4k premium with a valuation of 138k.

At 138k I cant help but think I would be significantly out of pocket on a total loss. (note also for the first 2 years they do new for old, and that now no longer applies).

I am happy to take a few recommendations, so please chime in!
Old 09-21-2017, 09:20 PM
Charliekay
Racer

Originally Posted by Bardman
Hey guys,

I am up for an insurance renewal. I know there were some posts buried earlier on insurance but has anyone got an insurance firm they would recommend.

I was on an insurance premium of around 2.3k with AAMI on an agreed value of around 190k (with a 3k excess - I am comfortable with high excesses). I didnt mind that, but this year its gone to 2.4k premium with a valuation of 138k.

At 138k I cant help but think I would be significantly out of pocket on a total loss. (note also for the first 2 years they do new for old, and that now no longer applies).

I am happy to take a few recommendations, so please chime in!
I use Porsche Insurance (underwritten by Allianz) and pay $3.3k for an agreed value of $235k. $2k excess. Cheapest I could find for me. I am 33 and don't have the cleanest driving record.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Australian GT4s