Sponsored by: APR

GT4 track alignment - parts heads up

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2015, 05:33 PM
Rob VN
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default GT4 Track Alignment Parts cost

The rear toe links are about $500 for the pair and another $100 for the kit to get rid of the toe cam adjuster. The camber shims are $ 16 to $25 each. IMHO it is also worth it to get another $100 kit to get rid of the camber adjuster. Those stock adjusters ( both toe and camber ) can get knocked out of adjustment. Tarett and RSS are potential suppliers, YMMV.
Old 08-17-2015, 06:07 PM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Received 1,380 Likes on 839 Posts

Originally Posted by Rob VN
The rear toe links are about $500 for the pair and another $100 for the kit to get rid of the toe cam adjuster. The camber shims are $ 16 to $25 each. IMHO it is also worth it to get another $100 kit to get rid of the camber adjuster. Those stock adjusters ( both toe and camber ) can get knocked out of adjustment. Tarett and RSS are potential suppliers, YMMV.
You must be talking about the aftermarket 997 Tarett and/or RSS toe links for that price. Have you fitted them and know for sure that they will fit, are long enough, maintain adjustability and engage enough tread to maintain safety as well as strength?
Old 08-17-2015, 06:17 PM
Nur93
Burning Brakes

Received 160 Likes on 78 Posts

Did talk to My friend at raeder/manthey today and as I understod they will not put cup cars toe link to front of gt4 due to some issue with gt4 having some rubber bushings there, hench Porsche did not recomend it. Still Porsche was ok with manthey/raeder putting cup cars toe link to the rear of gt4. They fit camber plates in front insteed and this Porsche was ok with, (KW PLATES.)

According to My friend they will reach Max -2.4 to -2.5 negative camber in front on gt4 with out adding anything. And rear -1.5 to -1.8 as I recall. This it totaly stock not putting on camber plates or cup cars toe link. If you need More negative camber than this you need toe link and camber plates. Will check futher to morgen as well
My friend also mentioned mentioned that other might reach More negative camber on stock but manthey/raeder and Porsche dont go there due to they say it can't engage enough to maintain Safety marginals as i understood.
Old 08-17-2015, 06:23 PM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Nur93
Did talk to My friend at raeder/manthey today and as I understod they will not put cup cars toe link to front of gt4 due to some issue with gt4 having some rubber bushings there, hench Porsche did not recomend it. Still Porsche was ok with manthey/raeder putting cup cars toe link to the rear of gt4. They fit camber plates in front insteed and this Porsche was ok with, (KW PLATES.)

According to My friend they will reach Max -2.4 to -2.5 negative camber in front on gt4 with out adding anything. And rear -1.5 to -1.8 as I recall. This it totaly stock not putting on camber plates or cup cars toe link. If you need More negative camber than this you need toe link and camber plates. Will check futher to morgen as well
Thank you. If you can also get the part number for the rear toe link. When I spoke with them they let me believe it was a toe link they developed and not the Porsche CUP car toe link.
Old 08-17-2015, 07:30 PM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Received 1,640 Likes on 1,122 Posts

Originally Posted by ExMB
That all depends on what the individual wants to do and their skill level. Canyon carving, curvy back roads, track driving all need different setups IMHO. Are you wanting to be cool and out run the next guy? Are you wanting to show off and brag to your friends? What are you after? Evaluate that in the first place and go from there. Then if you want to improve your skills go out and get an instructor to teach you more.
My question was quite clear and the answer should not depend on either of the things you list above.
Old 08-17-2015, 09:29 PM
Rob VN
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Tarett toe links

You must be talking about the aftermarket 997 Tarett and/or RSS toe links for that price. Have you fitted them and know for sure that they will fit, are long enough, maintain adjustability and engage enough tread to maintain safety as well as strength?
I fitted Tarett front and rear toe links on my 987.1 and they worked as intended. Tarett has a specific rear toe link for 981 which I expect will work properly. Tarett has been in the Porsche suspension business for quite some time. I don't quite get your drift/fear.

TPC also has a 981 rear toe link as part of one of their suspension packages.
Old 08-17-2015, 09:30 PM
m3irish
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nur93

My friend also mentioned mentioned that other might reach More negative camber on stock but manthey/raeder and Porsche dont go there due to they say it can't engage enough to maintain Safety marginals as i understood.
I believe shims will be needed to reach -2.4 and beyond. At least my car required them.
Old 08-17-2015, 09:43 PM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Rob VN
I fitted Tarett front and rear toe links on my 987.1 and they worked as intended. Tarett has a specific rear toe link for 981 which I expect will work properly. Tarett has been in the Porsche suspension business for quite some time. I don't quite get your drift/fear.

TPC also has a 981 rear toe link as part of one of their suspension packages.
You might want to watch the PCA/TPC tech vid on here about the car. The rear, nor the front suspension is your 981 version. This also has been discussed in the AP vid.

My drift/fear is someone making assumptions on, expecting 981 fitment since the car happens to be listed in the 981 family.
Old 08-18-2015, 09:43 AM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

UPDATE

Received answer from Manthey.

590€ for the front and 714€ for the rear plus 18€ S&H - all prices include VAT. Will not ship to US (VAT savings) citing liability as well as being prohibited by Porsche who as I was told by Manthey owns 51% of the design. Will ship within Europe.
Old 08-18-2015, 10:50 AM
mgerber
Pro

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Default GT4 track alignment - parts heads up

UPDATE

Received answer from Manthey.

590€ for the front and 714€ for the rear plus 18€ S&H - all prices include VAT. Will not ship to US (VAT savings) citing liability as well as being prohibited by Porsche who as I was told by Manthey owns 51% of the design. Will ship within Europe.
Thanks for the info!
Old 10-02-2015, 06:19 PM
vantage
Three Wheelin'

Received 226 Likes on 130 Posts

Am I correct then that all you need to maximize camber in a stock car is camber shims?
Old 10-02-2015, 06:30 PM
user1029
Drifting

Received 569 Likes on 278 Posts

Originally Posted by hf1
A GT# car should be able to get track alignment without having to add after market pieces. Not impressed.
I agree that is like hypothetically telling the average consumer their Camry doesn't come with cupholders
Old 10-02-2015, 09:03 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,095 Likes on 2,343 Posts

I bought front and rear toe links for my GT4 from Tarret. I'll be getting them installed in a few weeks.
Old 10-04-2015, 03:12 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,843 Likes on 2,392 Posts

tarret front and rear toe linx, tie rod will fit. it's on my car
i ran way more camber than most have indicated. you need those pieces to get the cambers.
many reasons. i am not good at explaining but every tech i spoke with tried to set the alignment, come to the same conclusion. just get the car on the alignment rack and max out the camber you will understand why you need these pieces.

this is not to say one must have big camber. it's how you drive.
Old 10-10-2015, 01:19 AM
johnr265
Pro

Received 37 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
tarret front and rear toe linx, tie rod will fit. it's on my car
i ran way more camber than most have indicated. you need those pieces to get the cambers.
many reasons. i am not good at explaining but every tech i spoke with tried to set the alignment, come to the same conclusion. just get the car on the alignment rack and max out the camber you will understand why you need these pieces.

this is not to say one must have big camber. it's how you drive.
What numbers are you running and with what tires?

Thanks.

Quick Reply: GT4 track alignment - parts heads up