GT4 Picture Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2015, 09:43 PM
9001rpm
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. F1 Fan
Is this Jet Black Metallic or Black?
Do you have any protective film on it and if so, how do you think it looks?

The car looks amazing by the way. Are the photos heavily manipulated, or does the car look that good??
The car is JBM, there is Xpel on the hood, front bumper, fenders, a pillars, mirrors, front part of the roof, rocker panels, and small part of the back bumper.

The pictures were shot with my Nexus phone . Sharpened up the images again via my phone. It just looks that good in black...well in my opinion. The Dragon as back drop also helps.

Everyone who has seen it in person has liked it. Even my local shop which has worked on a few GT4s seemed to think it had a different presence in black.

Here she is waiting on her first alignment. No fancy background and in my opinion still looking good.

Next stop was some shake down laps at the track
Old 11-02-2015, 09:52 PM
Mr. F1 Fan
Instructor

Originally Posted by 9001rpm
The car is JBM, there is Xpel on the hood, front bumper, fenders, a pillars, mirrors, front part of the roof, rocker panels, and small part of the back bumper.

The pictures were shot with my Nexus phone . Sharpened up the images again via my phone. It just looks that good in black...well in my opinion. The Dragon as back drop also helps.

Everyone who has seen it in person has liked it. Even my local shop which has worked on a few GT4s seemed to think it had a different presence in black.

Here she is waiting on her first alignment. No fancy background and in my opinion still looking good.

Next stop was some shake down laps at the track
Yeah, no doubt, it looks great. I'll assume you were referring to the dragon in the smokey mountains, yes? What a great place for that car. That will be one of of my first long break-in drives. Bet it was a good time.

Thanks for the additional pics and info. Having a rough time zeroing in on the color. Right now, JBM is on top of my list.
Old 11-02-2015, 10:05 PM
9001rpm
Racer

Yeah, no doubt, it looks great. I'll assume you were referring to the dragon in the smokey mountains, yes? What a great place for that car. That will be one of of my first long break-in drives. Bet it was a good time.

Thanks for the additional pics and info. Having a rough time zeroing in on the color. Right now, JBM is on top of my list.
Yep, the same Dragon . Definitely a great place to knock out the miles.

Here is my opinion.

My top 3 colors are JBM, GR (tied with Carmine), and Agate. White is also a timeless classic but my other car is white. To be honest I have yet to see non-flattering color for the GT4.

JBM- mean yet refined
GR/Carmine- love the red and black contrast (classic sports car look)
Agate- classy, subtle, and/or elegant
White- classic
All other colors- well they look good too
Old 11-03-2015, 05:00 AM
hellboy_mcqueen
Pro

Received 34 Likes on 23 Posts

Non-metallic black is a pain in long term. It is very tough to keep it clean and without straches. Detailling is troublesome. Metallic Black is much easier. I have a black metallic Cayenne and it is easier against non-metallic black IMO.
Old 11-03-2015, 07:21 AM
Mr. F1 Fan
Instructor

Yep, the same Dragon . Definitely a great place to knock out the miles.

Here is my opinion.

My top 3 colors are JBM, GR (tied with Carmine), and Agate. White is also a timeless classic but my other car is white. To be honest I have yet to see non-flattering color for the GT4.

JBM- mean yet refined
GR/Carmine- love the red and black contrast (classic sports car look)
Agate- classy, subtle, and/or elegant
White- classic
All other colors- well they look good too
I was considering Carmin, but very much want to buy a Speciale in a couple of years and promised myself that has to be red, so I am inclined to avoid red......even though that might be pipe dream.

I like sapphire blue, but worry I won't in a year.

JBM I really like, but worry about keeping it clean and worry what it will look like if I cover the whole car in wrap. Do you find the wrap pretty much invisible? Have you found the maintenance any easier on the parts that are wrapped?

Right now I am leaning towards JBM. Your car looks amazing and timeless. The dark blue is nice too, but haven't seen it with red and I think that the black will never wear on me.

I also feel like the black my be easier to sell if I ever do.
Old 11-03-2015, 07:26 AM
Mr. F1 Fan
Instructor

Originally Posted by FelisMalicious
Non-metallic black is a pain in long term. It is very tough to keep it clean and without straches. Detailling is troublesome. Metallic Black is much easier. I have a black metallic Cayenne and it is easier against non-metallic black IMO.
Do you have wrap on it anywhere? I want to wrap the whole car and don't know how different that is over keeping the unwrapped portion clean.
Old 11-03-2015, 07:53 AM
hellboy_mcqueen
Pro

Received 34 Likes on 23 Posts

Do you have wrap on it anywhere? I want to wrap the whole car and don't know how different that is over keeping the unwrapped portion clean.
I havent wrapped it and have done no wraps before. I thought about it, but didnt get good feedback. I talked to my SA of my Porsche Dealer. They are providing this service. But he doesnt recommend it. They actually work with a guy that is the official wrapper for the Ferrari in Frankfurt. So the results should be good. But he recommend not do it due to possible issues later in de-wrapping. And I think there is no XPEL in Germany, but more of 3M products on the market (which is not that good according to www).

And in Germany, you dont get too many stone chips. I think I have 4-5 of them since 2008 on both cars. I dont even realize them.
Old 11-03-2015, 08:27 AM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Received 6,204 Likes on 2,716 Posts

That's pretty hot. Black Porsches always remind me of that great scene in Condorman. In fact, this was the scene that got me obsessed with Porsche when I was four or five years old.
May have to reconsider the color choice...

Old 11-03-2015, 11:37 AM
9001rpm
Racer

I was considering Carmin, but very much want to buy a Speciale in a couple of years and promised myself that has to be red, so I am inclined to avoid red......even though that might be pipe dream.

I like sapphire blue, but worry I won't in a year.

JBM I really like, but worry about keeping it clean and worry what it will look like if I cover the whole car in wrap. Do you find the wrap pretty much invisible? Have you found the maintenance any easier on the parts that are wrapped?

Right now I am leaning towards JBM. Your car looks amazing and timeless. The dark blue is nice too, but haven't seen it with red and I think that the black will never wear on me.

I also feel like the black my be easier to sell if I ever do.
Those are tough questions as I think how a wrap look can be very subjective. I have seen some bad wraps and at the same time I have seen people complain because something is literally a mm off.

In my opinion the wrap looks good and makes me less worried about the areas I clean (I wouldn't say that it makes it easier though). If you look super close you may see an edge were the wrap meets a panel (which doesn't bother me). I will say the wrapped panels are just as glossy as the non wrapped portion.

Hopefully that helps make your decision. I think red or black are both solid choices and you really can't go wrong.
Old 11-03-2015, 12:23 PM
BerryS
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Those are tough questions as I think how a wrap look can be very subjective. I have seen some bad wraps and at the same time I have seen people complain because something is literally a mm off.

In my opinion the wrap looks good and makes me less worried about the areas I clean (I wouldn't say that it makes it easier though). If you look super close you may see an edge were the wrap meets a panel (which doesn't bother me). I will say the wrapped panels are just as glossy as the non wrapped portion.

Hopefully that helps make your decision. I think red or black are both solid choices and you really can't go wrong.
Your car looks awesome, love the GT4 in black.

How apparent are swirls marks on Xpel? For example, if I get a full paint correction on my black GT4 prior to Xpel wrap will the film remain swirl free? Or will the wrap itself swirl and will those be noticeable.
Old 11-03-2015, 12:37 PM
rsolodude
Intermediate

Took delivery on October 31st
Attached Images    
Old 11-03-2015, 12:39 PM
PistolPete
Drifting

Received 124 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by BerryS
Your car looks awesome, love the GT4 in black.

How apparent are swirls marks on Xpel? For example, if I get a full paint correction on my black GT4 prior to Xpel wrap will the film remain swirl free? Or will the wrap itself swirl and will those be noticeable.

The latest Xpel Ultimate material is supposed to have some self healing properties. In theory light swirls should just heal under the heat of sunlight or some warm water.

I just had it installed a few days ago so only time will tell for me.
Old 11-03-2015, 01:14 PM
Mr. F1 Fan
Instructor

Originally Posted by rsolodude
Took delivery on October 31st
Beautiful! hope you've had time to get out and rack up some miles. Really great color.
Old 11-03-2015, 01:53 PM
Carrera06997S
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Let the games begin!
Attached Images  
Old 11-03-2015, 02:50 PM
user1029
Rennlist Member

Received 553 Likes on 269 Posts

Yellow

Quick Reply: GT4 Picture Thread