Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: APR

PTS Confirmed

Old 06-28-2015, 08:58 PM
Dyim
Drifting

Received 1,021 Likes on 545 Posts

Originally Posted by Z356
I think it's fine. My personal preference in gt vehicles is for a solid/uni color in a historic/vintage Porsche color. But that is just me.

The one thing going for 'Amethyst Metallic' is that it can be combined with the 'Racing Yellow' deviating stitching that is allowed on the gt4 since 'purple/yellow' can go together with good visual effect (as you can see in the 'Ultraviolet' 991 RS with PCCB calipers below):

Saludos,
Eduardo
Hood Canal, WA
Thanks Eduardo. I am splurging for PTS already. Unfortunately PCCB will be too much for my wallet. Got to stop somewhere

Originally Posted by GTautoDesign
I think Amethyst would look great matched with yellow stitching and the PCCB since yellow and purple are complimentary colors.

Amethyst Metallic

Amethyst Metallic / Silver wheels Much better look since you pick up the bright contrast of the silver wheels,

Since I am not getting PCCB, any chance you can do some rendering with red brakes?

Thanks.

Now the decision will be either platinum or red stitching. I already have black/ garnet/ CF on the Macan. So thinking black/ platinum/ CF/ to go with buckets on the GT4. Decisions, decisions, decisions.....
Old 06-28-2015, 09:18 PM
NateOZ
Race Car

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

That is good when you have boiled it down to two shades of the same basic color - 'Slate Grey'.

I thought you had narrowed down to 'Slate Grey'? In any case, my thoughts on 'Aetna Blau' and 'Ocean Jade'. Color is such a personal matter that it's like asking others if your wife is pretty enough for you to marry her. But here it goes, for what it's worth.

'Ocean Jade' would not be my choice because in general I don't like metallics for these gt vehicles.

'Aetna Blau' is from the MY1960 356B era and a delightful color. It's very elegant and would have better re-sale value than 'Ocean Jade'!

I tend to believe that Suzy's original information was correct - that the color of that Geneva showcar was Y97 'Slate Grey'! Here is how the other approved 'Slate Grey', color code 615, looks like:

If you can get 'Porsche Exclusive' in the United States or Germany to settle that question for us and show us the difference between the two 'Slate Grey' colors you would be doing all of us a favor!

I'll be interested to hear what they tell you!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Hood Canal, WA
The original slate grey color code was 615 from '64 to '69 even though the Paint No. changed from 6401 to 6601 to 6801 as the years progressed. I have an order incoming in 615 and I'm not convinced the AWE pictures aren't enhanced photoshopped given the colors on the taillights, emblems etc in their original thread.

I'll find out in October for sure what it looks like when my Targa arrives.
Old 06-28-2015, 10:07 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts
Default 'Slate Grey' and 'Silver Stone'...

Originally Posted by NateOZ
The original slate grey color code was 615 from '64 to '69 even though the Paint No. changed from 6401 to 6601 to 6801 as the years progressed. I have an order incoming in 615 and I'm not convinced the AWE pictures aren't enhanced photoshopped given the colors on the taillights, emblems etc in their original thread.

I'll find out in October for sure what it looks like when my Targa arrives.
Nate: Yes, that Color Code 615 'Slate Grey' on your Targa will be nice. :thumb up:

But I still want to know what the 'Slate Grey' Y97 actually looks like. To further confuse us, PAG initially didn't have color code Y97 listed as 'Slate Grey/Schiefergrau'. In earlier 991 / 981 / Panamera PTS approved lists published since 2012, that Y97 color code was first called ''Silberstein/Silver Stone'! It is only in just recent months that PAG has changed the name associated with Y97 and now calls it 'Slate Grey' too!

By the way Nate, the earliest appearance of 'Slate Grey' as a Porsche offering happened in MY1960 for the 356B as color code 6001. So that was the 'original' 'Slate Grey' at PAG.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Still in the Hood...but now cloudy and cool!
Old 06-28-2015, 10:27 PM
NateOZ
Race Car

Nate: Yes, that Color Code 615 'Slate Grey' on your Targa will be nice. :thumb up:

But I still want to know what the 'Slate Grey' Y97 actually looks like. To further confuse us, PAG initially didn't have color code Y97 listed as 'Slate Grey/Schiefergrau'. In earlier 991 / 981 / Panamera PTS approved lists published since 2012, that Y97 color code was first called ''Silberstein/Silver Stone'! It is only in just recent months that PAG has changed the name associated with Y97 and now calls it 'Slate Grey' too!
Hopefully it looks nice on the Targa - if not I'll have to complain at my dealer!

I don't have a confirmed vehicle picture of Y97 (or 615 for that matter), but this is a Y97 Porsche Exclusive rendering (build sheet is also attached).

This is also supposed to be RAL 7015, so the rendering seems ok compared to it.

Attached Images
Old 06-28-2015, 11:57 PM
n3rd
Pro

Received 80 Likes on 41 Posts

I think the color of the cayenne might be iris blue a rare 928 turbo color.from what I've read there are two variants of iris blue. Attached are photos of the darker color.
Someone please correct me if I'm wrong

Old 06-28-2015, 11:57 PM
n3rd
Pro

Received 80 Likes on 41 Posts

Old 06-29-2015, 12:07 AM
Chris from Cali
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Thank you for that Granite Green render - looks amazing... I only wish PTS were an option.
Old 06-29-2015, 01:54 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by NateOZ

I don't have a confirmed vehicle picture of Y97 (or 615 for that matter), but this is a Y97 Porsche Exclusive rendering (build sheet is also attached).

This is also supposed to be RAL 7015, so the rendering seems ok compared to it.

That which you posted above Nate helps makes my case that Y97 'Slate Grey' looks a lot like that show 991 car in Geneva which Suzy911 originally posted in this forum a while back!

In contrast to the AWE 991 Turbo in PTS 'Slate Grey', color code 615, which looks quite different...and more like the vintage/historic Porsche 'Slate Grey'!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Currently in a now much cooler West Seattle!
Old 06-29-2015, 02:00 AM
stout
Rennlist Member

Received 1,256 Likes on 588 Posts

First, thanks to GTautoDesign for all of the work to render the car in so many great colors—too cool. Some of the setups show just how cool a GT4 can look.

One more request, if you're up for it: Irish Green on silver wheels, preferably on one of the photos of a solid-color GT4.
Attached Images    

Last edited by stout; 06-29-2015 at 03:08 AM.
Old 06-29-2015, 03:20 AM
stout
Rennlist Member

Received 1,256 Likes on 588 Posts

And a few I took in Portugal, if they're helpful for your efforts—whether Irish or other colors.

Also wondering what Guards Red looks like with bright silver wheels. Have to say that these pics and the factory shots above remind me how great Guards looked in person. It was just stunning. Bodes well for bright, solid colors like Signal Yellow.
Attached Images         
Old 06-29-2015, 08:42 AM
GTautoDesign
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by stout
One more request, if you're up for it: Irish Green on silver wheels, preferably on one of the photos of a solid-color GT4.
Can do during my lunch break
Old 06-29-2015, 09:37 AM
NateOZ
Race Car

That which you posted above Nate helps makes my case that Y97 'Slate Grey' looks a lot like that show 991 car in Geneva which Suzy911 originally posted in this forum a while back!

In contrast to the AWE 991 Turbo in PTS 'Slate Grey', color code 615, which looks quite different...and more like the vintage/historic Porsche 'Slate Grey'!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Currently in a now much cooler West Seattle!
I don't put much value in the AWE photos just yet as they look enhanced to me, based on the brake caliper colors and also the colors on the emblem in this picture.

I'm wondering if Y97 is possible graphite grey or a shade or 2 different to avoid upsetting 50th Anniversary customers? That's what I originally thought the picture Suzy posted looked like. Here are the historic slate grey with graphite side by side, of course you can't trust pictures as per usual!

Old 06-29-2015, 12:15 PM
JAMS
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Here is a voodoo sample I had sprayed...
Attached Images  

Last edited by JAMS; 06-29-2015 at 12:31 PM.
Old 06-29-2015, 12:54 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Default Thanks Jams...

Originally Posted by JAMS
I sent this picture to the Manager, Porsche Personal Design and he first said it looked like Grey Black but confirmed with Germany that the color is actually Schiefergrau 6601, code 615.

I inquired about the Exclusive 991 on display at the VIP Lounge in Geneva, thinking it could be Grigio Telesto.. here is the response from Porsche:

"Well, according to our German Exclusive department the color of that car is '6601 Slate Gray (non-metallic) - new color code: 615'. Grigio Telesto is not currently approved for 991/981 as PTS which consequently means that no car has been painted in that color.

Those grey colors completely change with the lighting. The photo of the 991 was taken inside with exhibition lights..."
Thank you Jams. That settles it then. But I would still be curious to see a Y97 color code and get an explanation why PAG initially called this color 'Silver Stone' and then changed its name to 'Slate Grey' (RAL 7015).

Saludos,
Eduardo
West Seattle
Old 06-29-2015, 01:02 PM
GTautoDesign
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Guards Red with Silver Wheels

Irish Green

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: PTS Confirmed