Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: APR

GT4 Interior leather option ?

Old 05-21-2015, 10:13 PM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

Received 64 Likes on 47 Posts
Default GT4 Interior leather option ?

I was poking around and it seem you can't get the reasonable priced leather option with painted dash trim ??
Leather Interior with Alcantara / Seats Alcantara
Leather Interior, Black (Stitching in Platinum Grey)-
$1,090
And also Select dash trim painted ???
It makes you de select the leather option if you pick painted dash trim ?
If its brushed Aluminum why can't you just add the painted trim option ??
Anyone know ???
Thanks in advance
Regards
Ed
Old 05-21-2015, 10:45 PM
jphughan
Drifting

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Because with the leather interior option, the selected trim extends to the doors, and since you're not allowed to mix and match trims between the dash and doors, you either need to get both the dash and door trim painted or accept no trim on the doors, the latter of which requires that you forego the leather interior. If you DO want painted trim on both the dash and doors, select the leather interior and then choose "Interior Package Painted". But if you want a leather interior, painted dashboard trim, and some other type of trim (or no trim) on the doors, you're out of luck.
Old 05-22-2015, 01:19 AM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jphughan
Because with the leather interior option, the selected trim extends to the doors, and since you're not allowed to mix and match trims between the dash and doors, you either need to get both the dash and door trim painted or accept no trim on the doors, the latter of which requires that you forego the leather interior. If you DO want painted trim on both the dash and doors, select the leather interior and then choose "Interior Package Painted". But if you want a leather interior, painted dashboard trim, and some other type of trim (or no trim) on the doors, you're out of luck.
Your awesome! Thanks so much for that clear and concise answer.
Since you are the man in the know ... If you do chose the leather option and you go for the gray platinum deviated stitching, what color will the door pulls and seat belts be ?
Thanks in advance
Regards
Ed
Old 05-22-2015, 01:29 AM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

So I did what you mentioned and looks like it's a grand extra ... looks real nice but yeeks a grand for painted trim ... I still might do it
Thanks
Ed
Old 05-22-2015, 02:54 AM
acey81
Racer

Received 39 Likes on 17 Posts

What is the take on the "extended" leather option? And by this I mean without the deviated stitching, but with leather on the dash, top of doors etc. I have that on my current GTS, but the GT4 will be my track car and I am thinking about putting the money into performance instad of leather, but I'm a bit worried that the plastic will feel a bit cheap on a 100k car...?
Old 05-22-2015, 03:55 AM
DeerHunter
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

You want the Leather Interior with Alcantara (in the Interior Colors and Materials section) for $1,090. This covers the main part of the dash panel and upper door panels in stitched leather, adds Alcantara to the lower dash and door panels, plus adds a strip of aluminum to each door. For the price, this is about as close to a freebie as you'll get from Porsche. Well worth it, IMO.

The Extended Interior Package (in the Interior Leather section), adds leather to the part of the dash closest to the windshield (with the vents), the center channel speaker and the dashboard end trim (which is hidden until the doors are opened). This is not worth the $, also IMO.
Old 05-22-2015, 03:58 AM
acey81
Racer

Received 39 Likes on 17 Posts

Yeah, that was pretty much my thinking also. Even though it is about $2,500 here in Sweden. But getting into my GTS this morning it is one of the main things that actually makes the interior nice.
Old 05-22-2015, 04:46 AM
Mike981S
Racer

Received 139 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by DeerHunter
You want the Leather Interior with Alcantara (in the Interior Colors and Materials section) for $1,090. This covers the main part of the dash panel and upper door panels in stitched leather, adds Alcantara to the lower dash and door panels, plus adds a strip of aluminum to each door. For the price, this is about as close to a freebie as you'll get from Porsche. Well worth it, IMO.

The Extended Interior Package (in the Interior Leather section), adds leather to the part of the dash closest to the windshield (with the vents), the center channel speaker and the dashboard end trim (which is hidden until the doors are opened). This is not worth the $, also IMO.

after having seen it in person, I will get the useless option... but to each his own IMO
Old 05-22-2015, 06:16 AM
number 9
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for that pic Mike! I was deciding against the extended dash leather since I'm afraid the reflection of the yellow stitching in the windshield will be distracting. Does anybody already have yellow stitches and can comment on this? Is silver stitching going to reflect less or is this all a non issue? I'd go for the extended option if this isn't a problem, looks awesome.
Old 05-22-2015, 08:20 AM
MarcD147
Three Wheelin'

Received 95 Likes on 57 Posts
Default use the 3D configurator

it gives better pictures than the 2D configurator and there is a zoom in option (plus sign) behind many options to get a picture of the option in question
Old 05-22-2015, 08:55 AM
Ajjra
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Does this mean that if you choose to paint The dashboard trim you have no leather options?
Old 05-22-2015, 10:44 AM
jphughan
Drifting

Originally Posted by Crazy Eddie
Your awesome! Thanks so much for that clear and concise answer.
Since you are the man in the know ... If you do chose the leather option and you go for the gray platinum deviated stitching, what color will the door pulls and seat belts be ?
Thanks in advance
Regards
Ed
If you haven't already, use the 3D configurator online; I hesitated a long time because I didn't want to download a stupid Unity plugin, but I finally caved -- and it is amazing. It updates based on basically any option you select (unlike the 2D version), and the options in the exterior view to pan, zoom, change the environment, etc are incredible. Also, the flyby video is great; I even recorded mine with an app called FRAPS. I couldn't believe that with the outdoor environment turned on (rather than the studio setting), the car model even shows metallic fleck in the paint! By far the most sophisticated car configurator I've found anywhere, which is particularly impressive given Porsche's dizzying options list.

Anyhow, according to the 3D configurator, the door pulls will be silver/gray and the seat belts will be black with that interior.

Originally Posted by acey81
What is the take on the "extended" leather option? And by this I mean without the deviated stitching, but with leather on the dash, top of doors etc. I have that on my current GTS, but the GT4 will be my track car and I am thinking about putting the money into performance instad of leather, but I'm a bit worried that the plastic will feel a bit cheap on a 100k car...?
The extended leather areas seem pretty lame to me. The dashboard end trim you only see while the door is open, and the defroster and speakers seem too far forward on the dash ever to really be noticed except from outside looking through the windshield. The only additional leather option I briefly considered was steering column casing in leather particularly because that includes stitching, but I don't think I'll go for that either. Frankly I was disappointed the first time I touched a Porsche's leather dashboard. I had expected it to be just a bit cushy and buttery and maybe even slightly textured, but it isn't any of those things. It's basically thin, hard, and uniform. I was surprised it was leather at all rather than some high-grade plastic or other synthetic material. Still, it does look better than the vinyl stuff that's used otherwise, but I was disappointed that you only get leather looks for the upgrade, not the feel most people associate with leather. I had the same experience when I touched the leather dashboard of an F10 M5.

Still, I'll be getting the regular leather interior without any additional options because of the same cheapness concern you call out, plus I do like the look of the silver stitching. But my GT4 will be a full-time road and track car. If it will be ONLY track, then I can certainly see a case for deleting it. After all, on track you hardly spend any time marveling at your interior!

Originally Posted by Ajjra
Does this mean that if you choose to paint The dashboard trim you have no leather options?
If you want ONLY the dashboard trim painted (and nothing on the doors), then yes you have no leather options. But if that's really what you want, I'd order the Painted Interior Package with the desired interior, then just remove the door trim later and replace it with something else.

Last edited by jphughan; 05-22-2015 at 11:05 AM.
Old 05-22-2015, 11:01 AM
jphughan
Drifting

Originally Posted by MarcD147
it gives better pictures than the 2D configurator and there is a zoom in option (plus sign) behind many options to get a picture of the option in question
I love that zoom-in option and wish it was there even before an option was selected. For example, when I wanted a close look at the illuminated door sills vs base or different center console trims, there's no way to zoom in on those areas with the standard fitment selected, but if you zoom in, then toggle the option on and off, that view will persist and update as you do so. I've also found that I can use a zoomed in view of one option to see changes to another. I think I used the center console trim zoom-in view to see the buttons on the manual A/C panel as opposed to the 2-zone automatic option, for example. Since Porsche clearly has a very high-res and dynamic model of their interiors, I can't understand why the interior views don't allow you to zoom freely the way the exterior view does.
Old 05-23-2015, 11:11 PM
dmfl
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyhow, according to the 3D configurator, the door pulls will be silver/gray and the seat belts will be black with that interior.
Silver door pull for silver stitching (the silver standard with leather interior)?? I have seen black door pulls with leather & silver stitching from the configurator and pics on the Internet..... Can someone help confirm please?
Old 05-24-2015, 01:39 AM
JUPJAI
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 21 Posts

Door pulls are black in the silver/black config

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: GT4 Interior leather option ?