Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Allocations and LWB seats : POLL

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2015, 02:06 AM
Nacelle
Rennlist Member

Received 160 Likes on 78 Posts

June build with mid September delivery including LWB's

My car has had over 25 delivery adjustments! Originally scheduled for mid August delivery.
Old 05-21-2015, 02:30 AM
csbear
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DeerHunter
Hyperbole's fun, but it's not informative. Does anyone know what the weight penalty actually is for the 18-ways?
Would love to know... this is the only option I'm debating now, 2 way seats vs 18 way seats
Old 05-21-2015, 04:55 PM
sonorous
Rennlist Member

Received 500 Likes on 235 Posts

Looks like I will be eligible to vote in this poll by tomorrow. I was just given the option to take an allocation that 3 people in front of me passed on! Originally I was trying to keep my build very basic but I have developed a great desire for the LWB seats in the ~3 month of research since I placed my deposit. This is a really tough decision!
Old 05-21-2015, 06:27 PM
number 9
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The fact that people are passing on these highly coveted allocations should be a clue to any one on the fence about LWBs. They are a necessary option for this car and although everybody claims they will keep it forever, resale will be very difficult without them. Worst part is that first owners will always have to deal with the regret factor pretty much every time they sit in the car. Aftermarket will be double the cost and that's more than 10% of the cars base price!
Old 05-21-2015, 07:05 PM
bigkraig
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

LWB are not that amazing and if you do any serious driving you would want to change them anyway. they are a compromise from the 18ways but not enough of a compromise to be good on the track imo.

still, wish my gt3 had come with them, they look great!
Old 05-21-2015, 08:15 PM
katmeho
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by number 9
The fact that people are passing on these highly coveted allocations should be a clue to any one on the fence about LWBs. They are a necessary option for this car and although everybody claims they will keep it forever, resale will be very difficult without them. Worst part is that first owners will always have to deal with the regret factor pretty much every time they sit in the car. Aftermarket will be double the cost and that's more than 10% of the cars base price!
Have to say that I think your overstating it. Im fat (6' @ 240lbs) and I fit in these seats. That means they fit almost everyone. Which means that the majority of people in these seats will have too much space and limited support when actually driving at anything over 7/10ths on a circuit. And theres no halo. And a few other things that don't make this a race seat. Its not a must have option unless the driver needs it to be, and in that sense, that need is 100% based in being a cosmetic option. Dare I say that 50% of the people who buy them will never feel the difference of having them in the car...much the way I expect 50% of the people who own a GT4 will never really know the potential of this car. Theres a lot of talk here. Im going to be a jerk and just say it. Its poser talk. After a year, someone should start a pole and find out how many owners have tracked their cars more than 6 days.

That being said, I still would have spent the $ on them if I wasn't going to jeopardize my getting the car.
Old 05-21-2015, 08:39 PM
nova996
Rennlist Member

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by katmeho
Have to say that I think your overstating it.
I agree. I'm happy to have a confirmed order with the seats, but if they called tomorrow and said "sorry we can't do the seats", I would take the basic ones. I would definitely not give up this awesome car over this!
Old 05-21-2015, 08:53 PM
Nacelle
Rennlist Member

Received 160 Likes on 78 Posts

Would not give up the car regardless, I would just get the basic seats...

I have the basic sports seats in my 997.2 GT3 and they are fine for limited use on the track...

My order just got bumped closer one week, amazing!
Old 05-21-2015, 09:45 PM
rickdm
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a November delivery with LWB's and my SA called with a trade to August delivery with 18 ways. I'm taking the trade. The LWB's look awesome but this is going to be primarily a DD with some track use. I had the leather GT3 seats in my 993 and I was in the market for the original sports seats when I sold the car. After a half hour my back could not take it any more. In a few years when this becomes a real track car I will put in real race seats.

rickdm
Old 05-21-2015, 09:54 PM
sapman
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by number 9
Originally Posted by katmeho
Have to say that I think your overstating it. Im fat (6' @ 240lbs) and I fit in these seats. That means they fit almost everyone. Which means that the majority of people in these seats will have too much space and limited support when actually driving at anything over 7/10ths on a circuit. And theres no halo. And a few other things that don't make this a race seat. Its not a must have option unless the driver needs it to be, and in that sense, that need is 100% based in being a cosmetic option. Dare I say that 50% of the people who buy them will never feel the difference of having them in the car...much the way I expect 50% of the people who own a GT4 will never really know the potential of this car. Theres a lot of talk here. Im going to be a jerk and just say it. Its poser talk. After a year, someone should start a pole and find out how many owners have tracked their cars more than 6 days.

That being said, I still would have spent the $ on them if I wasn't going to jeopardize my getting the car.
Originally Posted by nova996
I agree. I'm happy to have a confirmed order with the seats, but if they called tomorrow and said "sorry we can't do the seats", I would take the basic ones. I would definitely not give up this awesome car over this!
Agreed. LWBs look great, but I would much rather the 18 ways.
Old 05-22-2015, 04:10 AM
Mike981S
Racer

Received 141 Likes on 92 Posts

What about an option:

I have an allocation but no build date yet since it is a Q4 allocation and therefore there is no information about the situation with LWB seats available yet

?

Originally Posted by csbear
I am seeing that some people who have Sept/Oct builds (or after) seem to be getting their LWB orders through to V200. Maybe some truth to this after August build rumor (getting LWB)?
At the moment they may be in V200... But they can be pulled back to V100 if the supplier situation does not get cleared up.

Originally Posted by BryanCO
While I totally agree the LWB availablility issue is a mess, I don't understand the decision to pass on an allocation.
This! I passed on the July slot since I was able to keep my Q4 allocation. If I had to lose it, I would chose another seat....
Old 05-22-2015, 03:29 PM
sonorous
Rennlist Member

Received 500 Likes on 235 Posts

Well I decided to take the allocation and went for the base seats. The order is placed! Delivery in late August to early September. The 5k off was a nice bonus in the end
Old 05-22-2015, 11:55 PM
csbear
Racer

I just need some clarification regarding the LWBs and V100 status...my head is spinning after all these posts.

Basically, I asked my SA to see what happens if I put LWBs into my order. I originally had sport seats and V200 status, but then went to V100. Am I in danger of losing my allocation anytime soon or is it if I stay V100 too long?

I will gladly go back to the sport seats, but I don't want to lose my allocation. That's my biggest fear.
Old 05-23-2015, 01:46 AM
user1029
Rennlist Member

Received 553 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by csbear
I just need some clarification regarding the LWBs and V100 status...my head is spinning after all these posts.

Basically, I asked my SA to see what happens if I put LWBs into my order. I originally had sport seats and V200 status, but then went to V100. Am I in danger of losing my allocation anytime soon or is it if I stay V100 too long?

I will gladly go back to the sport seats, but I don't want to lose my allocation. That's my biggest fear.
From V200 to V100 to V070
Old 05-23-2015, 02:01 AM
csbear
Racer

Originally Posted by user1029
From V200 to V100 to V070
Ok, so if I switch back to sport seats tomorrow, it should go from V100 back to V200?

Quick Reply: Allocations and LWB seats : POLL