Sponsored by: APR

Porsche: If you want LWB, you cannot have the car

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2015, 08:45 PM
katmeho
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by FrstPorsche
This is supposed to be a light weight track car and getting it with heavy electric seats makes no sense.
Um, not really. Its 3150 if you are lucky. A Spec Mustang race car is 3450. This car may not be as lightweight as you think.
Old 05-15-2015, 09:10 PM
otisdog
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

actually, a guy with a clubsport and full gas weighed 3,080
Old 05-15-2015, 09:20 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,857 Likes on 1,901 Posts

Either way, you're talking 20lbs. 20lbs more with the 4way sport seats. Sprung weight. Are you guys really that good? If so, I assume you take a laxative the night before you drive it as well, right?

This discussion reminds of listening to overweight guys at the track tell me all about the 4.5 lbs they saved with the race exhaust on their moto. Meanwhile the **** in their colon probably weighed more than that, much less the ring around their waist.
Old 05-15-2015, 10:39 PM
fishing
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

decided to delete. OT
Old 05-15-2015, 10:55 PM
4carl
Race Car

Received 1,081 Likes on 569 Posts

My my 15 CS with manual sport plus seats and Carrerra S wheels weighed 3025 with 3/4 tank of gas.my 14 CS with 14 way PS and sport technos was 3048. My stripper GT 4 I bet will be the same. I thought my 15 would be under 3000 but the wheels and seats were only 20 lbs lighter . The wheels were 13 lbs of that.. Carl
Old 05-15-2015, 11:03 PM
DeerHunter
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by neanicu
I will be the first to walk if I can't get the car EXACTLY like I want it! That's how it should be if you're dropping 100K.
If you do not offer LWBs/Sapphire Blue and God knows what else next,have them removed from the configurator,so that John Doe,who's never been on Rennlist and has no idea what's going on but wants a GT4,will understand why he can't have what's listed as available for sale.
Originally Posted by neanicu
Worst case I'll change the color but I won't change the LWBs...
Wow, within two posts your standards are already slipping...
Old 05-15-2015, 11:19 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 339 Likes on 208 Posts

Originally Posted by DeerHunter
Wow, within two posts your standards are already slipping...
It depends how you look at it : I have 2 color choices-a primary and a secondary. The rest is not negotiable.
Old 05-16-2015, 12:03 AM
mcdavis
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Archimedes
Wow you're missing the point, so let me make it clear. Likely, the only reason you got on a list this late to begin with was because of the issue that is occurring with LWBs, which is causing allocations to move around and some dealers to magically get some new ones for sales success. If this had not happened, you'd probably be SOL entirely. You're whining about a problem that you're lucky to even have, given how late to the game you are. There are likely plenty of people who've been on lists for a few months, who are so far down their list that they aren't confident they're even getting a car, who would/will gladly trade places with you.

I wish you the best of luck, but I'd recommend you think long and hard about whether the seats are enough to pass on this car. Porsche makes some awfully good sport seats.
The sales competition was for April; it was announced and noted to the dealers quite some time back, so this isn't something that was as tactical as you assume.

My view is that as a general policy - it doesn't make sense for Porsche to force folks to option a $100k car a certain way - others have agreed with this position. This policy is independent of the time the allocation were granted - everyone is dealing with the issue now...including folks who have been on wait-lists for several months. You are focusing on an irrelevant piece of information.
Old 05-16-2015, 12:23 AM
BryanCO
Drifting

Received 208 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by mcdavis
The sales competition was for April; it was announced and noted to the dealers quite some time back, so this isn't something that was as tactical as you assume.

My view is that as a general policy - it doesn't make sense for Porsche to force folks to option a $100k car a certain way - others have agreed with this position. This policy is independent of the time the allocation were granted - everyone is dealing with the issue now...including folks who have been on wait-lists for several months. You are focusing on an irrelevant piece of information.
The tactical point is that the April sales contest resulted in an allocation that YOU very recently received.

Everyone is not dealing with the issue. Porsche is not forcing me to option the car without LWBs. In fact, my dealer tells me that I can 'hold' my allocation while the LWB shortage is resolved (hopefully resolved...).

I would suggest that you ask your dealer why you are being told to accept a non-LWB car or loose the allocation.
Old 05-16-2015, 01:19 AM
Archimedes
Race Director

Originally Posted by BryanCO
The tactical point is that the April sales contest resulted in an allocation that YOU very recently received.

Everyone is not dealing with the issue. Porsche is not forcing me to option the car without LWBs. In fact, my dealer tells me that I can 'hold' my allocation while the LWB shortage is resolved (hopefully resolved...).

I would suggest that you ask your dealer why you are being told to accept a non-LWB car or loose the allocation.
He just doesn't get it. The fact that neither all places on the lists, or all dealers for that matter, are created equal. I imagine his dealer (the 140th he called by his account) is loving dealing with him.
Old 05-16-2015, 01:28 AM
Archimedes
Race Director

Wow, you're really not following are you. Porsche isn't making you do anything. They had extra productive capacity, they want to fill it, so they offered extra allocations, for the summer builds. You obviously got one of these spots. To have a car built this summer, not in the Fall. You do understand the concept of limited manufacturing capacity, right, and the fact that they can't just have everybody wait and then build all the cars in the Fall, right? They need to keep production going and build and sell cars. My bet is that people who are early on the lists, in the first allocation, have first priority to delay their build, while people who are later or weren't even in the first allocation, only have the option to take the early builds without LWBs. Is that hard for you to follow?

Again, if you have to have LWBs, your best bet is probably to get on as many other lists as you can.
Old 05-16-2015, 01:35 AM
Mike981S
Racer

Received 139 Likes on 92 Posts

You both said it better than I could.

mcdavis: I got a Q4 allocation by my dealer back when they got their yearly allocation number. I was probably #3 on their list. Now they got the July slot so they offered it to me. Since I neither can get LWB nor Euro Delivery the dealer was ok with me holding the original allocation and have now offered the slot to the NEXT person on the list (who likely will be taking the sport seats).

Since I have this other allocation, I can wait. if I still only can get sport seats and no LWB, I will order it with the 4 way seats and start to save for the aftermarket upgrade. I am not in a big hurry, having an awesome 981S Boxster to enjoy the summer and DEs and AutoXs.

It seems you got exceedingly lucky to either jump the waiting list or get the ONLY allocation your dealer has left for this year (if he is a small dealer and only got one for the year). So he has no allocation you can exchange spots.

So if you want the car, get it. If I was you, I would. Arrange something with him about getting LWB afterwards or a free track trigger or some other thing. If not, let the next person on the list have it.

Originally Posted by Archimedes
Wow you're missing the point, so let me make it clear. Likely, the only reason you got on a list this late to begin with was because of the issue that is occurring with LWBs, which is causing allocations to move around and some dealers to magically get some new ones for sales success. If this had not happened, you'd probably be SOL entirely. You're whining about a problem that you're lucky to even have, given how late to the game you are. There are likely plenty of people who've been on lists for a few months, who are so far down their list that they aren't confident they're even getting a car, who would/will gladly trade places with you.

I wish you the best of luck, but I'd recommend you think long and hard about whether the seats are enough to pass on this car. Porsche makes some awfully good sport seats.

Old 05-16-2015, 02:16 AM
mcdavis
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Everyone with an allocation as of May 12th will have to deal with this until the system is changed to allow P11. This includes folks who have been on lists for 6 or more months and are just now receiving an allocation slot; likely as a result of the contest.

The dealer is afraid that they will lose the allocation if they do not fill it with a configured car. I do not know whether this is a real concern or not.
Old 05-16-2015, 11:57 AM
Dave GT4
Instructor

Sounds like if you don't take it your dealer is going to offer it up to someone who will......and it will be most certainly be snatched up.
Old 05-16-2015, 11:57 AM
otisdog
Pro

The dealer is afraid that they will lose the allocation if they do not fill it with a configured car. I do not know whether this is a real concern or not.
Scratching my head here…Why would you not believe the dealer? You've beaten the odds once. Are you a betting man?

Quick Reply: Porsche: If you want LWB, you cannot have the car