Notices
GT4/Spyder Discussions about the 981 GT4/Spyder
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: APR

Examples of Irish Green or Brewster Green?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2015, 01:57 PM
derkpowell
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Examples of Irish Green or Brewster Green?

Hi all,

I'm really looking forward to this car, and I've narrowed down the color choice to either Brewster Green or Irish Green. My decision changes daily.

Does anyone have pics of both an Irish Green and Brewster Green in the same shot?

Or, more helpful, does anyone own either of these colors in Los Angeles so I can see them in person?
Old 05-14-2015, 02:12 PM
DeerHunter
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

You know you're in the GT4 forum, right? If you're ordering a GT4, how did you get PTS, since neither of the colours you list are on the Configurator?
Old 05-14-2015, 02:15 PM
csbear
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by derkpowell
Hi all,

I'm really looking forward to this car, and I've narrowed down the color choice to either Brewster Green or Irish Green. My decision changes daily.

Does anyone have pics of both an Irish Green and Brewster Green in the same shot?

Or, more helpful, does anyone own either of these colors in Los Angeles so I can see them in person?
Brewster Green is a very rare color from what I've read and I would think it will be hard to find a pic with both colors (will gladly be proven wrong). It is gorgeous though!

Sorry I couldn't help you anymore, but good luck on choosing one! I personally like the more modern BrewsterGreen (over the Irish).

EDIT: And as DeerHunter said, yes, it would have to be PTS which is another issue all by itself! Essentially, getting a Brewster or Irish green GT4 looks almost impossible right now.
The following users liked this post:
jimdillard (12-10-2022)
Old 05-14-2015, 08:37 PM
Ferrarisimo
Burning Brakes

Received 53 Likes on 35 Posts

How did you get PTS?
Old 05-14-2015, 10:53 PM
number 9
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DeerHunter
You know you're in the GT4 forum, right? If you're ordering a GT4, how did you get PTS, since neither of the colours you list are on the Configurator?
LMAO!!
Old 07-01-2015, 12:19 PM
derkpowell
Track Day

Thanks, all! I went with Brewster. And yes, I do know I'm in the GT4 forum

The PTS process is apparently going to be tricky with these, but the order cleared the system so now I just have to cross my fingers and wait. It's an October allocation, but since I'm holding out for both Sport Buckets and PTS it might mean I'll see this car sometime...next year.
Old 07-01-2015, 06:44 PM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4,708 Likes on 2,685 Posts

Awesome Choice! Sure works on this 993TTS I wonder if the car behind is Carmine Red (my choice)?
Attached Images  
Old 07-03-2015, 02:42 PM
derkpowell
Track Day

Carmine is awesome too. There's a used 981 S for sale nearby and that color works so nicely with the shape.
Old 07-03-2015, 03:11 PM
arena-RTR
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The PTS process is apparently going to be tricky with these, but the order cleared the system so now I just have to cross my fingers and wait. It's an October allocation, but since I'm holding out for both Sport Buckets and PTS it might mean I'll see this car sometime...next year.

Just to vouch for Derek here, he expressed his desire to purchase a GT4 to me first in June... of 2014. Just to give you an idea of how difficult these are to get: I have been campaigning to get him an allocation for over a year now, and we just this past week finally got confirmation from PCNA that his allocation is official.
Old 07-03-2015, 05:19 PM
FrstPorsche
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by arena-RTR
Just to vouch for Derek here, he expressed his desire to purchase a GT4 to me first in June... of 2014. Just to give you an idea of how difficult these are to get: I have been campaigning to get him an allocation for over a year now, and we just this past week finally got confirmation from PCNA that his allocation is official.
And what really sucks are those of us that got on list in January.. of 2014, got the first allocations and can't get buckets or PTS. Porsche process is really f'ed up.
Old 07-03-2015, 09:03 PM
sunnyr
Three Wheelin'

Received 105 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by GrantG
Awesome Choice! Sure works on this 993TTS I wonder if the car behind is Carmine Red (my choice)?
I doubt that 356 is Carmine red. I think it is 'Ruby red' -

According to Eduardo, there was an older "Karmine rot" (009), but that was more Fuchsia than red -

Old 07-03-2015, 09:07 PM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4,708 Likes on 2,685 Posts

Interesting - thanks!
Old 07-04-2015, 12:46 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts
Default 'Brewster Green'....

Originally Posted by GrantG
Awesome Choice! Sure works on this 993TTS

I wonder if the car behind is Carmine Red (my choice)?
Originally Posted by sunnyr
I doubt that 356 is Carmine red. I think it is 'Ruby red' -

According to Eduardo, there was an older "Karmine rot" (009), but that was more Fuchsia than red -

Congratulations to Derk on his 'Brewster Green' PTS gt4 order!

The story of how that PTS green 993 TTS that belongs to Wolfgang Porsche became associated with 'Brewster Green' starts when Porsche celebrated the 60th anniversary of the first Porsche Club (1952) a few years ago!

http://www.9magazine.com/why-was-bre...ed-club-coupe/

I am having trouble with the representation Porsche made at the time of the 12 Club Coupe announcement that Wolfgang Porsche's 993 TTS was the same 'Brewster Green' as the color they actually did on the 13 'Club Coupes' produced!

Here is one shot of Wolfgang's museum car that shows that color real well:

https://rennlist.com/forums/993-foru...stuttgart.html

Here are two shots of the actual 'Brewster Green' they built on the 'Club Coupes':

In direct sun (at 2014 Monterey Parade concours):

Inside a showroom:

I know it's all photos & it depends on lighting conditions, lenses & filters used, etc. But I personally do NOT think that Wolfgang's 993 color is the SAME as the 'Brewster Green' the factory selected for the 12 'Club Coupes'! This has nothing to do with visualizing what Derk is going to get. By ordering PTS 'Brewster Green', Derk will be receiving the color Porsche chose to do the 13 Limited Edition 'Club Coupes'! But I am going to bring it up with my contacts at 'Porsche Exclusive' & 'Archives' as to research a bit further the exact PTS color on Wolfgang Porsche's 993 TTS because I see a difference between these two colors!

The 356 Pre-A behind the 993 TTS on that special Museum display is probably an early integrated body-bumper 1952 model since that is the year they wanted to celebrate - when the first Porsche Club was founded. If it's a faithful restoration, that car should not be done in 'Ruby Red' since that is a 1957 & later 356 color. Since that 356 Pre-A is the background of photo and not focused, my guess is that it's 'Strawberry Red'.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Old 07-04-2015, 02:35 PM
Schmidts Cat
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats Derek. Awesome color!
Old 07-04-2015, 02:57 PM
sunnyr
Three Wheelin'

Received 105 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by Z356
The 356 Pre-A behind the 993 TTS on that special Museum display is probably an early integrated body-bumper 1952 model since that is the year they wanted to celebrate - when the first Porsche Club was founded. If it's a faithful restoration, that car should not be done in 'Ruby Red' since that is a 1957 & later 356 color. Since that 356 Pre-A is the background of photo and not focused, my guess is that it's 'Strawberry Red'.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Quick Reply: Examples of Irish Green or Brewster Green?