Notices
GT4/Spyder Discussions about the 981 GT4/Spyder
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: APR

Tarett/Swift Spring Kit - who has tried it?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2019, 10:34 AM
Shandingo
Rennlist Member

Received 60 Likes on 47 Posts
Default Tarett/Swift Spring Kit - who has tried it?

I’m thinking about suspension mods to improve on-track performance of my GT4. Already did alignment, DSC, toe links, castor pucks, and tie rods. Now considering Tarett’s spring kit or perhaps Ohlins TTX, but of course TTX is a lot of money and for my purposes it would be hard to justify the cost. Just wondering if anyone can provide feedback on these options. I have already searched this forum and it seems that the only related threads focus on spring length and other technical specs. One thing I would like to accomplish is reduced front end dive under hard braking, but I am interested in opinions on overall effect on performance as well.

My car is not driven in the street very much, and is mostly used for DEs.

Thanks
Old 06-20-2019, 10:43 AM
trkshoe
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

I've ordered... will report back once on the car and driven.
Old 06-20-2019, 12:12 PM
Five12Free
Rennlist Member

Received 199 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by Shandingo
I’m thinking about suspension mods to improve on-track performance of my GT4. Already did alignment, DSC, toe links, castor pucks, and tie rods. Now considering Tarett’s spring kit or perhaps Ohlins TTX, but of course TTX is a lot of money and for my purposes it would be hard to justify the cost. Just wondering if anyone can provide feedback on these options. I have already searched this forum and it seems that the only related threads focus on spring length and other technical specs. One thing I would like to accomplish is reduced front end dive under hard braking, but I am interested in opinions on overall effect on performance as well.

My car is not driven in the street very much, and is mostly used for DEs.

Thanks
I believe Mooty and Usctrojangt3 had swift springs on their old GT4s. Both have since moved on but I want to say they both had positive things to say, and solved the tire wear issue.
Old 06-20-2019, 12:26 PM
Shandingo
Rennlist Member

Thanks. I am not experiencing problems with tire wear. Just looking to improve handling, particular under heavy braking and also reduce body roll on initial turn in.
Old 06-20-2019, 12:35 PM
Five12Free
Rennlist Member

Received 199 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by Shandingo
Thanks. I am not experiencing problems with tire wear. Just looking to improve handling, particular under heavy braking and also reduce body roll on initial turn in.
I think both were tied, here is a copy and paste job from a post of his:

Interesting. I had to go with stiffer Swift springsfor track duty in my 991RS and my GT4 because the OEM springs were too soft and I'd get a lot of front dive upon heavy braking which resulted in roasting the outside of my front tires even with -3.5+ camber.

i think he was looking for more front camber to search out more front end grip and stability. However he had uneven front tire wear with the high camber.

Im sure he will chime in, might want to send him a PM.
Old 06-20-2019, 01:05 PM
Shandingo
Rennlist Member

^ thanks.
Old 06-20-2019, 09:23 PM
jmartpr
Rennlist Member

Received 1,457 Likes on 909 Posts

You get too much front dive under braking with the DSC? I have DSC and dive is barely minimal
Old 06-21-2019, 02:28 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,802 Likes on 2,167 Posts

I found the car performed better (better lap times) with the Swift springs. I paired them with the Tarett front camber plates to dial the caster back in to OEM spec with high camber in the front. I was burning through front tires by cording the outsides even with -3.5 camber in the front. Once I got the springs and camber plates, that issue was corrected. I also felt that the car had more grip in the turns and was better able to eat up berms. I think pairing the springs with the DSC controller will get you great results at a fraction of the price for the TTX dampers.
Old 06-21-2019, 07:37 AM
Warwick Morris
Pro

Received 238 Likes on 119 Posts

I have had good results with standard springs and CMS roll bars set on hard. with 3.5 deg front neg I get even tyre wear across the entire tyre which indicates a respectable setup.
Old 06-21-2019, 10:27 AM
lee88
Racer

Received 40 Likes on 19 Posts

We put Swift springs on my modded GT4 this season, I have 3 track days and so far I'm pleased. Other suspension setup is RSS control arms w/ monoball ends and RSS rear toe links, slightly lowered and additional front camber dialed in.

Definitely a bit stiffer than stock and modestly reduces front end dive on heavy braking, so may provide what you're looking for @Shandingo. I'm still running OEM GT4 wheels and Cup 2s though my main reason going to Swift springs was higher spring rate if I decide to swap out to different wheels and Hoosiers later in the season.

My car is primarily a DE car though still road legal and I generally drive it to/from events, sometimes several hours each way. Ride is stiff but not unbearable. Probably wouldn't be suitable for a car which is primarily a road car with only occasional track use.

Last edited by lee88; 06-21-2019 at 01:20 PM. Reason: typos
Old 06-21-2019, 11:15 AM
Shandingo
Rennlist Member

Thanks for the responses. Very helpful.
Old 06-21-2019, 01:32 PM
hlc
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

@Shandingo- pm sent. I have unused set of Tarett/Swift spring kit for Gt4.
Old 06-21-2019, 01:55 PM
Shandingo
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by hlc
@Shandingo- pm sent. I have unused set of Tarett/Swift spring kit for Gt4.

I just sent sent you an email. I will take the springs. Thank you!
Old 08-29-2023, 12:23 AM
Ahtim
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi, I currently have dsc with stock springs but slightly lowered by 5mm front and rear and I notice the front start to dive on hard braking and body roll on track. On road I think it got worse with the drop.
I am looking to upgrade the swift springs too, any adjustment needed to change for the dsc with the swift springs?

My other handling mods are thrust solid bushing and rear toe arm and pfc brake

thanks

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
I found the car performed better (better lap times) with the Swift springs. I paired them with the Tarett front camber plates to dial the caster back in to OEM spec with high camber in the front. I was burning through front tires by cording the outsides even with -3.5 camber in the front. Once I got the springs and camber plates, that issue was corrected. I also felt that the car had more grip in the turns and was better able to eat up berms. I think pairing the springs with the DSC controller will get you great results at a fraction of the price for the TTX dampers.

Quick Reply: Tarett/Swift Spring Kit - who has tried it?