Sponsored by: APR

Salter Aero vs. BBI vs. ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2019, 12:41 PM
Pcarlover
Instructor

Received 64 Likes on 27 Posts
Default Salter Aero vs. BBI vs. ?

I’m in the market for risers (mainly for aesthetics). As many have said in the past, the look of the Salter Aero over the BBI is great, but the price difference is staggering.

Any my feedback on them vs. BBI? I’ve seen several people selling the SA risers after changing their mind about them. I’m worried they might be too tall. Do they make rear view visibility worse? How does rear view visibility compare to the BBI?

Are there any other riser replacements worth considering? Any side-by-side shots out there of the risers installed? I’ve seen the comparison of the risers not installed. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Old 06-09-2019, 01:21 PM
Reborn996
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I have had both, the BBi and Salter Aero or quality pieces but the visibility is better with the Salter being located up higher. It still partially blocks the view but mostly in the distance.

Mind you, visibility will be different due to seating height and eye level of the person in the car.

Here is a pic I took of all three, stock - BBi - Salter Aero
Attached Images  
Old 06-09-2019, 04:41 PM
Pcarlover
Instructor

Originally Posted by Reborn996
I have had both, the BBi and Salter Aero or quality pieces but the visibility is better with the Salter being located up higher. It still partially blocks the view but mostly in the distance.

Mind you, visibility will be different due to seating height and eye level of the person in the car.

Here is a pic I took of all three, stock - BBi - Salter Aero
Thanks for the picture. How is the view on the BBi? Do you have any comparison pictures? Did you notice any changes in the stability at high speeds or handling on the track in general?
Old 06-09-2019, 04:55 PM
Reborn996
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I haven't really done any track duty, just canyon carving. There are several threads here from people who have tracked with these risers and found the stability better than stock height. For me at 6'2", the BBi was right in the middle of my view. The Salter Aero improved visibility for me by moving the block of my view upward so I could see what was directly behind me... but not what was 10+ car lengths away. All of these wing positions seem to block some field of view, just depends on driver preference which one is better.
Old 06-12-2019, 07:28 PM
Jim Cobb
Rennlist Member

Received 107 Likes on 68 Posts

FWIW, When I simply did the adjustment on the stock setup, my top speed on track went down as did my mpg on the road. Corners like it’s on rails at Road ATL, though. I’ll be interested to see what results you get. Have fun with the decision. It makes for some terrific doting.

Last edited by Jim Cobb; 06-16-2019 at 03:57 PM.
Old 06-15-2019, 09:12 PM
Pcarlover
Instructor

Originally Posted by Jim Cobb
FWIW, When I simply did the adjustment on the stock setup, my top speed on track went down as did my mph on the road. Corners like it’s on rails at Road ATL, though. I’ll be interested to see what results you get. Have fun with the decision. It makes for some terrific doting.
Thanks for that feedback, I would like to do that adjustment for my track day in July. Is it pretty easy?
Old 06-16-2019, 09:06 AM
Bill Lehman
Three Wheelin'

Received 230 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by Pcarlover
Thanks for that feedback, I would like to do that adjustment for my track day in July. Is it pretty easy?
Yes, Easy to do, the screws need a Torx T30 screwdriver or socket. I use one of each.
Old 06-16-2019, 03:56 PM
Jim Cobb
Rennlist Member

Received 107 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by Pcarlover
Just as Bill says. It’s described in the guide to driving on a racing circuit that should have come with the car.

Quick Reply: Salter Aero vs. BBI vs. ?