Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: APR

C&C in phoenix?

Old 06-02-2019, 01:02 AM
PS-GT4
Instructor

Received 53 Likes on 28 Posts
Default C&C in phoenix?

Since the Scottsdale c&c shut down I haven’t seen anything around. Anyone here know of any other events? Google searching isn’t very useful for this sort of thing. Thx
Old 06-02-2019, 01:35 PM
RolloGigolo
Instructor

Received 40 Likes on 22 Posts

I was under the impression cars and coffee moved from Gainey Ranch to over by Whole Foods/Mayo. I also recall that during the summer months they take a few months break because of the heat. I think they will be back soon, just check the calendar.

https://www.scuderiasouthwest.com/smg
Old 06-02-2019, 01:37 PM
PS-GT4
Instructor

Yea I heard/saw that too but their site is very vague regarding future plans. Thanks 👍🏻

Originally Posted by RolloGigolo
I was under the impression cars and coffee moved from Gainey Ranch to over by Whole Foods/Mayo. I also recall that during the summer months they take a few months break because of the heat. I think they will be back soon, just check the calendar.

https://www.scuderiasouthwest.com/smg
Old 06-02-2019, 01:49 PM
RolloGigolo
Instructor

If you read the blog on that site it is clear they are not going away just taking a few months to hide from the heat while they consider how to execute C&C, as the event has grown so large logistics have become a concern. However the blog is clear that they will be back soon! What local driving routes do you run?
Old 06-02-2019, 04:54 PM
PS-GT4
Instructor

Correct on all counts regarding the Scuderia CC 👍🏻

I was was just looking around for another gathering while they figure out their venue. My father-in-law is recovering from a knee operation this summer and he wanted to visit one of these events (huge car enthusiast). Just checking if there were any other events that someone knew of. Thanks
Old 06-02-2019, 05:39 PM
NoGaBiker
Drifting

Received 218 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by RolloGigolo
I was under the impression cars and coffee moved to over by Whole Foods/Mayo.
Man, must be a small event if they can hold it in a grocery store's Condiments aisle!
Old 06-02-2019, 06:22 PM
RolloGigolo
Instructor

Originally Posted by NoGaBiker
Man, must be a small event if they can hold it in a grocery store's Condiments aisle!

My bad, meant Mayo Blvd, a cross street, lol
Old 06-02-2019, 08:59 PM
paradocs98
Rennlist Member

Received 367 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by NoGaBiker
You have won the internet for today.
Old 06-02-2019, 09:10 PM
skl
Official Wednesday AM Red Bull F1 test driver
Rennlist Member

Received 874 Likes on 531 Posts

There is a nice smaller C&C first Saturday of the month at a coffee shop called Four till four (356, get it?) that is Porsche themed, especially early AC'ed cars but they get everything. I took my 981 spyder yesterday. Lots of good stuff including a 918. There is also a smaller C&C at an event center in the Troon area of north Scottsdale the second Saturday of the month- this coming Saturday. Great eclectic group of cars- you will see everything from muscle/drag cars to vintage Ferraris and Porsches. A friend of mine has it at his party venue where he "stores" several of his cars. Worth a visit! Place is called Alpio's at Troon. Just west of intersection of Alma School and Jomax.
Old 06-02-2019, 09:15 PM
skl
Official Wednesday AM Red Bull F1 test driver
Rennlist Member

Received 874 Likes on 531 Posts

This was last month at Alpio's at Troon...
Old 06-03-2019, 11:25 PM
BA73
Racer

Received 237 Likes on 100 Posts

Thanks, skl. I was un aware of both those meet-ups. My car was clean last weekend (didn't see C&C was cancelled until Friday night), by this Saturday it will be filthy again, but I will try and swing by Alpio's!
Old 06-04-2019, 02:28 AM
Dr.Bill
Race Car

Received 718 Likes on 394 Posts

Third Saturday of the month is at the Penske Museum.
Old 06-06-2019, 01:35 PM
Agent_Orange
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Cars N Coffee won't be back. It was too large and too crowded .

Alpios is quite a bit more refined
https://alpiosattroon.com/cars-coffee/
Old 06-07-2019, 04:41 PM
okkin
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I had a feeling....One of the very last ones they had with crashes, crazy burnouts, drifts exiting etc..and all over YouTube videos....I think that was the straw that broke the camels back. A shame. I miss when you had to get there early to get a spot at the prior location at the Gainey Ranch Village.

I still like the smaller Porsche majority at Four till Four in old town Scottsdale First Saturday on every month. That Coffee shop I am sure really appreciate the business as well locally owned.
Old 06-08-2019, 12:54 AM
Agent_Orange
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by okkin
I had a feeling....One of the very last ones they had with crashes, crazy burnouts, drifts exiting etc..and all over YouTube videos....I think that was the straw that broke the camels back. A shame. I miss when you had to get there early to get a spot at the prior location at the Gainey Ranch Village.

I still like the smaller Porsche majority at Four till Four in old town Scottsdale First Saturday on every month. That Coffee shop I am sure really appreciate the business as well locally owned.
I actually thought the move 3 yrs ago from Gainey Rand to Mayo blvd was an escape clause by the original organizers
- heck , I would have made it one.
Especially after those blatant mustang burnouts in front of motorcycle cops and the car (vette?) that hit a light post, Gainey was doomed

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: C&C in phoenix?