Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   GT4/Spyder (https://rennlist.com/forums/gt4-spyder-235/)
-   -   Fabspeed exhaust ? (https://rennlist.com/forums/gt4-spyder/1142737-fabspeed-exhaust.html)

Mutter18 05-12-2019 08:25 PM

Fabspeed exhaust ?

So waiting for my 2016 GT4 to be delivered after looking for the right car. I'm looking at putting on an aftermarket exhaust. Looking for feed back on the Fabspeed Porsche Cayman GT4 Lightweight Competition Exhaust System. Thanks in advance.

user1029 05-12-2019 08:53 PM

It is LOUD and droney especially with race headers, I’d get their valved system if you drive it on the streets :)

ajw45 05-12-2019 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by user1029 (Post 15836290)
It is LOUD and droney especially with race headers, I’d get their valved system if you drive it on the streets :)

Hahaha, so loud. Louder on a stock car than my car with race headers and gt3 exhaust wide open.....

VLJ 05-13-2019 01:39 AM

I had that exhaust. It is absolutely, undeniably, the loudest exhaust I've ever had on any car. It's a great tone and pitch but holy hell it's loud. And I love loud.

Bill Lehman 05-13-2019 08:43 AM

I had one on my 987.1. Loved the sound at WOT on the track and it still sounds great when I'm behind my old car today. Nearly unacceptable on the street and it has cracked in a few places which Fabspeed wouldn't fix.

JPR 05-13-2019 10:41 AM

You will lose low end power over stock exhaust with the valve closed, there is power gain with the valve open. Its so loud that the interior panels of the car will vibrate and your ears will ring after a ride. The "lifetime warranty" is limited to what they want to cover. The look great and the weld and finish quality are very good though.

Jpr

Five12Free 05-13-2019 10:43 AM

Never owned one but have been behind one on the track... crazy loud.

rflavell 05-13-2019 12:29 PM

Had one on my 987.2. Phenomenal. Lost some of my hearing as result. Still my favorite.

Mutter18 05-13-2019 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by VLJ (Post 15836680)
I had that exhaust. It is absolutely, undeniably, the loudest exhaust I've ever had on any car. It's a great tone and pitch but holy hell it's loud. And I love loud.

I have a very similar system on my 2011 M3 and yes they are LOUD. Just trying to decide if it’s worth the sound to change it and not take a big hit on TQ or HP.

Alan C. 05-13-2019 01:35 PM

Do yourself a favor and get a Dundon exhaust. I wouldn't put a FabDrone on my car.

VLJ 05-13-2019 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by JPR (Post 15837109)
Its so loud that the interior panels of the car will vibrate

I forgot about this but it's true, honestly. I have never heard interior bits rattle on any of my porsches until I got that exhaust.

VLJ 05-13-2019 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by Mutter18 (Post 15837448)
I have a very similar system on my 2011 M3 and yes they are LOUD. Just trying to decide if it’s worth the sound to change it and not take a big hit on TQ or HP.

People say there's a bit of a loss but I didn't notice anything.

Soul Performance 05-13-2019 03:09 PM

I invite you to give us a call to chat about your upcoming exhaust needs. We have first hand experience with the system you mentioned, and several others including our own exhaust suite. John here has built GT cars in many different configurations and I believe he could provide a wealth of information to help you plan out your mod path and get exactly what you are looking for!

-Mike

Fabspeed Motorsport 05-13-2019 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by Mutter18 (Post 15836243)
So waiting for my 2016 GT4 to be delivered after looking for the right car. I'm looking at putting on an aftermarket exhaust. Looking for feed back on the Fabspeed Porsche Cayman GT4 Lightweight Competition Exhaust System. Thanks in advance.

Scott here from Fabspeed. Congrats on the new car! GT4 is such an awesome platform. Whether you modify it or keep it stock, its a great car for on and off the track. I would love to chat with you about your new car and see what your plan for your vehicle is. Daily driver, weekend warrior, or track car. We offer a few systems for that application, including our updated Valvetronic System with Anti-Drone Technology. I'll shoot you a PM to discuss the products

Originally Posted by VLJ (Post 15836680)

:rockon: The Lightweight Competition Exhaust System is essentially a muffler bypass, track set up. Glad to hear you are loving it, if you have any videos of the system, we would love to see them!

Originally Posted by Bill Lehman (Post 15836898)
I had one on my 987.1. Loved the sound at WOT on the track and it still sounds great when I'm behind my old car today. Nearly unacceptable on the street and it has cracked in a few places which Fabspeed wouldn't fix.

Sorry to hear you had issues with some of the welds. I'll reach out directly to see what happened and how I can help. Our systems are all backed by a Lifetime Warranty. I'm not sure what transpired with your system and do apologize for any inconvenience you may have had. Like I said, i'll reach out directly but in the mean time if you would like to chat, feel free to call me directly at 267-742-3049 or email me Scott.Keating@fabspeed.com

Originally Posted by JPR (Post 15837109)
You will lose low end power over stock exhaust with the valve closed, there is power gain with the valve open. Its so loud that the interior panels of the car will vibrate and your ears will ring after a ride. The "lifetime warranty" is limited to what they want to cover. The look great and the weld and finish quality are very good though. Jpr

JPR, I would love to chat with you regarding your set up. It sounds like you have the older Valvetronic system, I may have a solution for you. I'll reach out directly to discuss but in the mean time if you would like to chat, feel free to call me directly at 267-742-3049 or email me Scott.Keating@fabspeed.com

ggkthx 05-13-2019 09:08 PM

I have the valved version of the Fabspeed exhaust... as well as the rest of their entire "GT450" package. The valves in my exhaust rattled like a tin can due to improper assembly of the valves from the factory. Just like what the other person wrote, their "lifetime warranty" is rubbish and only covered whatever they decided to... which, in my situation, was nothing. I simply ended up cutting out the valves from their defective exhaust. Now I ended up with a hybrid of the competition exhaust and valved since the mufflers are there still.

It's loud... quite loud, but not so loud that I can't daily my car. None of my interior panels rattle from the exhaust... but there is quite a bit of drone. I've always driven loud cars so I'm not bothered by it much.