Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: APR

Average Maintenance Cost/Frequency?

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2019, 01:14 PM
Fizzmopper
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Question Average Maintenance Cost/Frequency?

Hi all,
I am considering purchasing a gt4. I previously owned a 2014 981 S, and loved every second of it but I had to sell it when I moved out of the US.
Now I live in Chile and I am getting the itch again to own a Cayman and the gt4 always had my interest. The problem is that the nearest and only place that apparently services Porsche in Chile is a 5 hour drive away.

How frequently do these cars need servicing in terms of routine preventative maintenance versus your experience with unscheduled maintenance? I am concerned that because the roads here aren't great I will be spending more time sending it to Santiago for repair or maintenance than actually driving it.

Thanks
Old 04-14-2019, 04:16 PM
Jim137a
Burning Brakes

Received 127 Likes on 90 Posts

Not sure about the costs in Chile but service intervals are performed on an annual basis / mileage basis. The car needs to be serviced every 10,000 miles or every year, for example if you only drive your car 4,000 miles in one calendar year you still need to get it serviced.

Here’s a link I found that details what needs to be serviced:

https://www.planet-9.com/981-cayman-...s-summary.html

In New Jersey my first annual service was $600 and the 2nd year service was $1,100 USD. Those prices were at a local Porsche dealer so they were a bit high but they did provide good service as well as a loaner car.

Quick Reply: Average Maintenance Cost/Frequency?