Sponsored by: APR

New GT4 Owner

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2019, 02:41 PM
Hoop71
Intermediate

Received 18 Likes on 5 Posts
Default New GT4 Owner

Well picked up the car yesterday and have put a little seat time but not much yet due to previous plans but so far I love it.

Experience at the dealership was less than ideal though. I've bought lots of cars in my life ranging from Toyota to VW and this is my first "Premium" car purchase. I don't think it would be too much to ask for or have certain expectations considering the price of the car.

The fuel tank was only half full......every other time I've purchased a car it came with a full tank of gas, I'm not worried about the cost but it's the principle. My salesman said just come back when the car is empty and we will fill it up.

Also about an hour after leaving the dealer I got a warning "Oil level minimum reached refill oil" Now this is a CPO car and on the maintenance records it shows that in mid Feb the oil was checked and topped up. Again, not the end of the world but I am a details oriented guy and stuff like this bugs me.

Also, does the GT4 have a physical Owners Manual or is it just online?

Anyways, besides those things at the dealership I love the car so far and am looking forward to some more seat time!

Old 03-24-2019, 02:46 PM
CardiffDweller
Instructor

Received 55 Likes on 38 Posts

There is definitely an owner's manual. You might ping them to go find it. I had a great experience with my dealer when I bought mine recently, but even they forgot a couple items that went with the car. But they called me to followup and let me know. I've had great Porsche dealer experiences and really bad ones. It just seems to flow from whoever the sales and service managers are and what the culture is like.
Old 03-24-2019, 03:25 PM
idyfohu
Advanced

Received 34 Likes on 15 Posts

Congrats on the new purchase...that's how I'd spec mine (White + Satin Wheels + LWBS).

Sorry to hear about the relationship with the dealer however...you'd think after spending close to 100k on a car, they'd go above and beyond, but you're at the bottom of the barrel. One of my local dealerships in Salt Lake here treated me like trash. Just getting him to open a car to sit in a car with buckets was a chore. Asked about GT4 allocations and he just said, you can't get on the list. Cool.
Old 03-24-2019, 04:08 PM
Hoop71
Intermediate

Question as above, does the GT4 come with a physical owners manual or just a downloadable one?

Cheers,
Dan
Old 03-24-2019, 04:31 PM
domkrz
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoop71
Question as above, does the GT4 come with a physical owners manual or just a downloadable one?

Cheers,
Dan
Did yours not come with one? Mine has a leather Porsche pouch in the glove box with all original manuals.
Old 03-24-2019, 04:33 PM
Hoop71
Intermediate

Originally Posted by domkrz

Did yours not come with one? Mine has a leather Porsche pouch in the glove box with all original manuals.
Nope, glovebox empty.

Dan
Old 03-24-2019, 04:39 PM
iammacey
Burning Brakes

Received 376 Likes on 207 Posts

Congratulations.

Owners Manual should be included. Check the front trunk, rear trunk, and there are storage compartments behind the B-Pillars to check we well. If it's not there, reach back out Tom the dealer. There was no difference for me buying CPO in what was received except for the CPO warranty details.
Old 03-24-2019, 08:10 PM
Jim137a
Burning Brakes

Received 127 Likes on 90 Posts

Part of the CPO check list indicates the car is supposed to have a full documentation package including the owners manual. You should have been given a CPO Report with the car - take a look at it and see if those items are checked off.

Id definitely ask the dealer to make good on those items.

BTW beautiful car, enjoy in good health.

Old 03-25-2019, 07:59 PM
startroops
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine came with the leather pouch but no owner's manual, so I ordered it from Porsche Centre Vancouver for $29.80 + tax. However, it sounds like you don't even have the leather pouch so you are missing quite a lot of stuff. You should go back and follow-up.

Good luck!
Old 03-26-2019, 01:13 AM
BryanCO
Drifting

Received 208 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoop71
Well picked up the car yesterday and have put a little seat time but not much yet due to previous plans but so far I love it.

Experience at the dealership was less than ideal though. I've bought lots of cars in my life ranging from Toyota to VW and this is my first "Premium" car purchase. I don't think it would be too much to ask for or have certain expectations considering the price of the car.

The fuel tank was only half full......every other time I've purchased a car it came with a full tank of gas, I'm not worried about the cost but it's the principle. My salesman said just come back when the car is empty and we will fill it up.

Also about an hour after leaving the dealer I got a warning "Oil level minimum reached refill oil" Now this is a CPO car and on the maintenance records it shows that in mid Feb the oil was checked and topped up. Again, not the end of the world but I am a details oriented guy and stuff like this bugs me.

Also, does the GT4 have a physical Owners Manual or is it just online?

Anyways, besides those things at the dealership I love the car so far and am looking forward to some more seat time!
Congrats on the new car.

Not to be an a$$, but if you are a details guy, how did you drive away from the dealership without checking the fuel, oil levels and the presence of the owners manual?
Old 03-30-2019, 07:07 PM
sal14m
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have an extra OE GT4 pouch along with all manuals etc...
Let me know if your interested?
Old 03-31-2019, 04:19 AM
Hoop71
Intermediate

Originally Posted by sal14m
I have an extra OE GT4 pouch along with all manuals etc...
Let me know if your interested?

Thanks, the dealer has now supplied me with everything.

Cheers,
Dan

Quick Reply: New GT4 Owner