Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: APR

Hard Braking causing the car to hunt

Old 03-25-2019, 04:29 PM
RocketGuy3
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill Lehman
I ran 3 mm per side without the TPC links and now run 2 mm per side with TPC links. I am a late braker.
Originally Posted by Dr.Bill
I was happy with zero toe in the front and 2mm toe in for each rear wheel (i.e 4mm total toe in).
Originally Posted by Tom-TPC Racing
Factory spec rear toe is +10' per side. Converted to millimeter is +1.4mm to +1.6mm per side. You'll have to run double the factory spec amount(or more) to keep rear toe from going below zero and into a negative number during hard braking if the shocks, springs, suspension controller, and rear toe geometry is stock.

Edit: There's a lot for variables on how much rear instability as a car's front dives/rear lifts- how sticky the tires are, braking torque from the brake pads, driver's brake application, hard braking during downhill or uphill...
​​​​​​​Makes sense, thanks guys. I tend to be a [relatively] early breaker, and have been unconsciously braking more lightly lately I think because of this problem. So I probably don't need to do anything too aggressive from the sounds of things. Maybe ~5mm total would be enough.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Hard Braking causing the car to hunt