Sponsored by: APR

AP Racing Radi-CAL Brake Kit

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2019, 02:35 PM
Pr3z
Rennlist Member

Received 70 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by jlennox
My lord. I can almost feel the down force in this pic. Looks really cool. Thanks for sharing!

Edit - how's that spritter on the street? Does it cause you any major issues with clearance?
At the cars current ride height the splitter hits pretty much everything. But if you had normal car ride height you should be much better off.

Also the diffuser is designed on the front so the outer edge of the splitter is replaceable at a much cheaper cost then the entire unit.
Old 04-11-2019, 03:15 PM
ajw45
Three Wheelin'

Received 318 Likes on 168 Posts

Originally Posted by Pr3z
At the cars current ride height the splitter hits pretty much everything.
Old 04-11-2019, 03:16 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,802 Likes on 2,167 Posts

Originally Posted by Shandingo
I have the AP kit on my GT4 as well. I’ve had the car on track for few events already with the kit installed and it has worked great. I strongly prefer it to the OE setup. It takes a few sessions to calibrate your foot to the pedal, as the AP kit requires less pedal force to get into ABS. After you realize that, it is pure bliss. Changing pads is also much easier than OEM. Once the wheels are off the car, it takes literally a few minutes to change the pads.
Is the braking better? I'm curious how the performance is increased vs. OEM calipers with AP rotors?
Old 04-11-2019, 11:08 PM
Verus-Eric
Former Vendor

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

At the cars current ride height the splitter hits pretty much everything. But if you had normal car ride height you should be much better off.

Also the diffuser is designed on the front so the outer edge of the splitter is replaceable at a much cheaper cost then the entire unit.
The front lip can be removed for street driving as well . It may not look as aggressive or perform as well but it would save the lip from being hit as often. Easily removable/installed with ~10 or so M6 button heads.

Front diffuser images for those curious. We are still working on bringing this to production.

Old 04-12-2019, 12:58 PM
Macduff
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

The lip being removable for street driving and lower replacement cost, excellent call!
Old 04-12-2019, 07:57 PM
GTS_Ninja
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Question

Yes it's the entire Verus kit on my car. Top notch stuff. There is a diffuser built into the front set up.

What wheels are these again? I can't for the life of me recall.

The setup is looking boss. Are you making any major alignment/suspension adjustments to compensate for all the extra downforce?

Please share. Thanks!

Old 04-13-2019, 11:13 AM
Pr3z
Rennlist Member

Received 70 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by GTS_Ninja
What wheels are these again? I can't for the life of me recall.

The setup is looking boss. Are you making any major alignment/suspension adjustments to compensate for all the extra downforce?

Please share. Thanks!
They are Titan7 TS-5 in 997 fitment in rear and 981 fitment up front.

We have tarret camber plates up front, changed the springs out and updated the suspension controller settings as well. Tons of other monball bits and etc also.

Quick Reply: AP Racing Radi-CAL Brake Kit