GT4/Spyder Discussions about the 981 GT4/Spyder
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: APR

GT4 sells on BAT

Old 01-24-2019, 11:08 AM
vantage
Three Wheelin'

Received 168 Likes on 98 Posts

One issue some may be disregarding is that a low MSRP car is likely to fetch a higher percentage of its original MSRP than a high MSRP car. Particularly if we are talking about fluff options. If you optioned your car to $120k, I don’t see someone wanting to pay that for a GT4 when there are other good examples available for tens of thousands less. On the other hand, if you only optioned your car to $90k, there is a floor just to get into a GT4 of any kind.
Old 01-24-2019, 11:10 AM
85Gold
Rennlist Member

Received 708 Likes on 413 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr.Bill
Exactly. Someone paid about $10k too much!!
I guess they really wanted a stripper!
I agree as a buyer more than I would pay for a stripper.

As a seller his return was good for the low option car.

Peter
Old 01-24-2019, 01:01 PM
venom51
Burning Brakes

Received 230 Likes on 135 Posts

Originally Posted by vantage
One issue some may be disregarding is that a low MSRP car is likely to fetch a higher percentage of its original MSRP than a high MSRP car. Particularly if we are talking about fluff options. If you optioned your car to $120k, I don’t see someone wanting to pay that for a GT4 when there are other good examples available for tens of thousands less. On the other hand, if you only optioned your car to $90k, there is a floor just to get into a GT4 of any kind.
Most of the options are just that. Fluff options. You don't need dual climate controls in 9 cubic feet of air space, Don't need navigation as an up to date perfectly working version is always in my pocket, Didn't need the PCCB or the replacement cost that come with them. The rest is all appearance and personal preference of appearance. Strippers make sense. Strippers should age pretty well unlike the ones at your local gentlemen's club working the day shift.
Old 01-24-2019, 01:31 PM
raidersfan
Three Wheelin'

Received 154 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by rpetty3

‘I’m not sure I’ve seen any 4s with what looks like a CPO warranty (100k mile) sell for 76k anywhere. I did see one sell for 70 but it had a heavy Carfax accident reported which originally had a 94k sticker.
Considering the CPO is only worth $2500, it shouldn't matter much for any sale price, up or down.
Old 01-24-2019, 01:32 PM
ajw45
Three Wheelin'

Received 318 Likes on 168 Posts

Totally agree, the sensible thing to do for resale is buy a low/no option car. Of course, even more sensible is to buy a used car even further down the depreciation curve instead of a GT4. If you are actually going to own the car for a while and enjoy it, the options, fluffy as they may be, do add to the ownership experience. Autodimming mirrors, dual climate, pdls, pccb, these are functional options that make a big difference to the driving experience. Leather, deviated stitching, alcantara visors, cf illuminated doorsills, fluffy for sure, but I think they are nice additions that help make the car feel special even if you're just sitting in traffic on your way to the grocery store. Just IMHO of course but I wouldn't dismiss fluffy options as not having any value to the experience of owning a GT4. I specced a low option GT4 (just lwbs and dimming mirrors) but I ended up buying a loaded car and very happy I didn't actually get the car I specced.
Old 01-24-2019, 01:48 PM
Mr Michael B

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 66 Likes on 55 Posts

I have sold on BaT, and I have sold at all of the leading auction houses (as recent as this last week).

BaT fees are nearly a deal. I watched a multi-million dollar sample (Ferrari) bid up & nearly sell at BaT that was going to be a win-win for the buyer & seller. The buyer was only going to pay 5% BaT fees (up to $100k) for what would have been hundreds of thousands worth of fees from a leading auction house. Any BaT sample that sells for strong money (including this GT4) is a gift how low price the fees are.

On the other hand the leading auction houses bring vetted bidders that do not ask all of the BaT questions (mostly hot air) that comes along with the BaT crowd. It is nearly abusive on BaT at times. So many questions & statements from non-bidders just trying to prove their knowledge (or lack thereof) while they sit at the computer with nothing better to do. That is reason enough (on many cars) to just go with a quality auction event to move your car onto someone with true buying intensions... Even if it cost you double the percentage. Most of the time you will get a stronger bid anyhow from those events.

There are lots of buyers with real money at these top events. And these buyers are pretty savvy too. More than that though they buy. No messing around. No days of indecisiveness, no "I have to ask my wife", no going to a forum to poll the group, no play time. They pull the trigger & enjoy. In general they are acting like gentlemen ~ and deals are closed - period.

Lots to respect about that in this world of the opposite.
Old 01-24-2019, 04:00 PM
SGOGT4
Rennlist Member

Received 77 Likes on 45 Posts

Well put relative to the q&a on BAT
Old 01-24-2019, 06:09 PM
'ringmeister
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by raidersfan
You guys think I should list mine there? I want $87,700. Same mileage, but with buckets and a much nicer spec. Could I get $5,000 more than the auction price for that car?
Raidersfan, could you provide some details on your car? I'm in the market, thanks.
Old 01-24-2019, 08:18 PM
pissedpuppy
Nordschleife Master

Received 490 Likes on 288 Posts

mine is a white $106,550 MSRP car w/LWB and PCCB (carbon and leather pkgs) - 4K miles

can I get $95K - would appreciate the input
Old 01-24-2019, 08:37 PM
KOTYKB
Burning Brakes

Received 119 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by pissedpuppy
mine is a white $106,550 MSRP car w/LWB and PCCB (carbon and leather pkgs) - 4K miles

The car that you bought has a really nice build, clear bra, low miles etc. I think in California you could easily get $95k. Post it up in the Marketplace and I'm sure it'll move
Old 01-24-2019, 08:50 PM
rpetty3
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by KOTYKB
The car that you bought has a really nice build, clear bra, low miles etc. I think in California you could easily get $95k. Post it up in the Marketplace and I'm sure it'll move
yes...what he said. Easy if it will CPO no over revs, damage, etc...
Old 01-24-2019, 09:39 PM
pissedpuppy
Nordschleife Master

Received 490 Likes on 288 Posts

Originally Posted by rpetty3

yes...what he said. Easy if it will CPO no over revs, damage, etc...
super clean - thanks
Old 01-24-2019, 10:34 PM
BryanCO
Drifting

Received 208 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by pissedpuppy

Yes. My dealer buy offer was higher than that (as a percentage of MSRP, backing out destination).
Old 01-25-2019, 12:13 AM
pfbz
Rennlist Member

Received 2,717 Likes on 1,461 Posts

Originally Posted by SGOGT4
Sold my 930 on BAT. Was a heck of a ride during the last few minutes. If you get a last minute bid they put more time on the clock. I think the final 5 minutes stretched to 20 minutes during which time the bids nearly doubled!
@SGOGT4, out of curiosity, which one?
Old 01-28-2019, 11:02 AM
SGOGT4
Rennlist Member

Received 77 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by pfbz
@SGOGT4, out of curiosity, which one?
'88 Black / Black - SCARGO built 500+ hp

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: GT4 sells on BAT