Old 01-23-2019, 02:40 PM
Jamie@dundonmotorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 354 Likes on 197 Posts
Default Dundon Intake Runner Kit Dyno Results on Not Dundon Headers

Hi Guys,

We were curious how much power the Dundon Intake Runners would make on race headers that produce a less powerful suction wave. We suspected that by improving and reducing pressure losses in the intake runners the power would be easier to extract!

Maximum Gains
46 lbft gains at the wheels at 4800rpm over the "Not Dundon" race headers
56 whp gains at the wheels at 7800rpm over the "Not Dundon" race headers

Max Gains

Intake Runners, Pro Tune, "Not Dundon" Headers, GT3 Muffler Kit (top line), "Not Dundon" Headers only on the bottom line.

Peak Gains
13 lbft peak gains over the "Not Dundon" Race headers
38 whp peak gains over the "Not Dundon" Race headers

Peak Gains

For reference here's the Dundon Race Headers added to the Dyno's above. About 15whp gains and 11lbft, and gains everywhere...

Dundon Headers vs Not Dundon Headers for the complete Kit.

Dundon D4 (top line), Intake Runners with "Not Dundon" Headers (middle line). Just "Not Dundon" Headers no tune on the bottom line.

jamie@dundonmotorsports.com

www.dundonmotorsports.com
Facebook.com/dundonmotorsports
Instagram @dundon_motorsports
Old 01-23-2019, 03:12 PM
CME
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 156 Likes on 71 Posts

Jamie.
The chart with both the Intake Runners and the Race Headers, does that also include the GT3 muffler. I ask as I have the Race Headers and Air Filters and was curious what the map would look like by just adding the plenum and runners and keeping the muffler stock.
Thanks.
Chet
Old 01-23-2019, 03:43 PM
Jamie@dundonmotorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by CME
Jamie.
The chart with both the Intake Runners and the Race Headers, does that also include the GT3 muffler. I ask as I have the Race Headers and Air Filters and was curious what the map would look like by just adding the plenum and runners and keeping the muffler stock.
Thanks.
Chet
Yes it does include the GT3 muffler kit and we recommend the GT3 muffler kit with the intake runners after a number of dyno pulls; the engine is much happier with the GT3 muffler kit, way lower and consistent oil and coolant temps and much less knock.

Old 01-24-2019, 12:44 AM
JCviggen
Rennlist Member

Received 1,502 Likes on 565 Posts

That is some juicy data, great to see.

If you guys ever get around to it, I would like to see headers + runners but no ECU tune at all. Though my interest is more with the upcoming 3.4L platform, I am would like to see how much of a handicap keeping the ECU stock is (relevant to the rules of certain competitions)
Old 10-13-2019, 09:46 PM
4PTZERO
Racer

Received 70 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by JCviggen

If you guys ever get around to it, I would like to see headers + runners but no ECU tune at all. Though my interest is more with the upcoming 3.4L platform, I am would like to see how much of a handicap keeping the ECU stock is (relevant to the rules of certain competitions)
+1
Old 10-13-2019, 10:09 PM
Jamie@dundonmotorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by JCviggen

We will likely have to wait for a local customer for this. Or for one of our customers/dealers to try it.
Old 10-14-2019, 02:26 AM
James88
Three Wheelin'

Received 152 Likes on 94 Posts

I drove a friends 991 GT3RS with the Dundon full race long tube headers, side muffler delete, no cats. I gave it the full beans, I was blown away with how it sounded inside and out along with a big HP/TQE increase.

Sounded like a full on racecar, no drone just wonderful sound. It was magnificent and very rapid. This car had no tune, just stock and no cel.
Its totally wrecked me for anything else and this was just after driving a 488 Pista !!!

Jamie, you've had direct contact with Ray from Melbourne Australia, system was installed about 2 months ago. Needless to say he loves it like I do.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Dundon Intake Runner Kit Dyno Results on Not Dundon Headers