Sponsored by: APR

Oil Pouch and Tool Pick

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2019, 11:33 PM
67greengt
Track Day

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Oil Pouch and Tool Pick

Did all GT4's come with the Porsche Leather Oil Pouch and spare mobile 1 Oil? Also, were the tool kits supposed to contain a plastic pick for taking out the bumper plugs for toe hook installations?? I think it may have been overlooked in my car but wanted to double check with everyone

Thanks
Tom
Old 01-16-2019, 09:08 AM
BillC3
Rennlist Member

Received 77 Likes on 52 Posts

I did not get an oil pouch or spare quart of oil with my car, and I bought it new.

You don't need a tool to remove the front bumper plug. Just push on the top (or bottom, can't remember for sure) and it will rotate out from the bumper so you can pull it out. The plug will hang from a little retainer strap. If the plan is to completely remove the plug, you can carefully squeeze the hook at the end and pull the strap out of the slot.
Old 01-16-2019, 10:22 AM
Klepper
Rennlist Member

Received 221 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by BillC3
I did not get an oil pouch or spare quart of oil with my car, and I bought it new.

You don't need a tool to remove the front bumper plug. Just push on the top (or bottom, can't remember for sure) and it will rotate out from the bumper so you can pull it out. The plug will hang from a little retainer strap. If the plan is to completely remove the plug, you can carefully squeeze the hook at the end and pull the strap out of the slot.
I did not get either, and I bought my car new as well.

Quick Reply: Oil Pouch and Tool Pick