Sponsored by: APR

Trade-in offer for my GT4: thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2019, 01:36 AM
VLJ
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ExMB
You traded yours to the same dealer the OP tried?
Yep
Old 01-19-2019, 03:42 AM
BryanCO
Drifting

Received 208 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by ExMB
You traded yours to the same dealer the OP tried?
Originally Posted by VLJ
Yep
Park Place in Bellview WA — Park Place Porsche in Dallas TX

Old 01-19-2019, 10:18 AM
VLJ
Pro

Washington. OP doesn't give a city in the post and I didn't know there are multiple park place so I thought it was the same place.

You guys know you can just speak in full sentences like adults, right? If you want to correct my just do it .��*♂️
Old 01-19-2019, 10:51 AM
BryanCO
Drifting

Originally Posted by VLJ
Washington. OP doesn't give a city in the post and I didn't know there are multiple park place so I thought it was the same place.

You guys know you can just speak in full sentences like adults, right? If you want to correct my just do it .��*♂️
Geez. The original post says Park Place Porsche and even I know that you traded your car at Park Place LTD which is not even a Porsche dealer. At least I learned reading comprehension as a child.

The larger point is that you traded you car a number of months ago but seem to want to keep coming back to the GT4 forum to remind us how good of a.timing, b. financial decision that was.
Old 01-19-2019, 11:27 AM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Received 1,314 Likes on 799 Posts

Originally Posted by VLJ

Originally Posted by Kg11
Anyways, I just dropped by Park Place Porsche; what do you think of this trade-in offer?
Should be obvious from his 1st post that the name of the place where you got rid of yours is different.
Old 01-19-2019, 12:26 PM
VLJ
Pro

I thought they were a Porsche dealer. **** me for making a simple mistake, right?

Jesus h Christ .
Old 01-21-2019, 05:46 PM
Kg11
Rennlist Member

Received 61 Likes on 31 Posts

So, just an update! I called a few other P-car dealers that have great reps on the board, and got an offer of $86k, plus $1k to cover shipping to them.

I own a specialty retail business and in 20 years of owning it, I have never, repeat never, taken anyone for a ride. Someone brings me in an item to consign or trade, I price it at the normal 40% margin of what it will bring, and 30% if it is a consignment. It is tough to establish a baseline on many of the products I sell (Craigslist isn't realistic, as the items are sold there as-is and people will pay more to deal with an established business), but still, even though I can say "your item is worth $600" when I have a buyer lined up at $1500, and get away with it, I feel very strongly that it is the wrong way to act and definitely not the best way to build relationships with customers. They would be none the wiser, but I certainly would feel that I "took advantage" of the situation.
Old 01-22-2019, 08:57 PM
Lew97
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The last few on BAT went for $78k-$80k. Where are you located? I am interested. QUOTE=Kg11;15568769]I recently scooped up a nice GT4, and I freaking love the car. But, in order to qualify for a new mortgage and keep my old house as a rental, I need to shed some debt. I will have a renter in my old place paying 10% more than my mortgage+taxes, but apparently the mortgage underwriter deducts 30% off the gross rental income, which puts a bit of debt on my books. That, in conjunction with an zero-balance HELOC (which is counted as debt whether I owe money or not) pushes me toward a slightly riskier rate. Being conservative, I don't mind shedding the GT4 and getting another down the line. I really want to keep this house as an investment; I figure I will net $20k a year after fees and deductions, and that assumes no asset appreciation. This is a popular area and I expect housing to appreciate long-term: the average rate is 5.1% from 2003 till now. A few years of that, and I can buy whatever GT4 is current at the time!
Anyways, I just dropped by Park Place Porsche; what do you think of this trade-in offer?

2016 GT4
$104k build
full leather
9,700 miles
buckets (super clean! no bolster wear)
Existing CPO. No overrevs.
Good tires, no issues, full front end clear bra, no rock chips, just detailed: showroom ready the same hour I drop it off.

Offer is $70k. Does that sound right? [/QUOTE]
Old 01-22-2019, 09:22 PM
Pyrat2
Instructor

Received 91 Likes on 51 Posts

Try a different dealer and post it here on Rennlist marketplace. That should get you some interest.
Old 01-22-2019, 09:29 PM
Lew97
8th Gear

Been looking for a few months for a GT4. Willing to pay up to low $80k’s.
Old 01-22-2019, 09:42 PM
996AE
Rennlist Member

Received 1,450 Likes on 956 Posts

two post and a new jan 2019 date

curious
Old 01-22-2019, 09:55 PM
Lew97
8th Gear

Yes, new to rennlist. Looking for a GT4 as per recommendation from my nephew.
Originally Posted by 996AE
two post and a new jan 2019 date

curious
Old 01-23-2019, 12:26 AM
BryanCO
Drifting

Originally Posted by Kg11
So, just an update! I called a few other P-car dealers that have great reps on the board, and got an offer of $86k, plus $1k to cover shipping to them.

I own a specialty retail business and in 20 years of owning it, I have never, repeat never, taken anyone for a ride. Someone brings me in an item to consign or trade, I price it at the normal 40% margin of what it will bring, and 30% if it is a consignment. It is tough to establish a baseline on many of the products I sell (Craigslist isn't realistic, as the items are sold there as-is and people will pay more to deal with an established business), but still, even though I can say "your item is worth $600" when I have a buyer lined up at $1500, and get away with it, I feel very strongly that it is the wrong way to act and definitely not the best way to build relationships with customers. They would be none the wiser, but I certainly would feel that I "took advantage" of the situation.
Originally Posted by Lew97
Been looking for a few months for a GT4. Willing to pay up to low $80k’s.
Looks like this one would be mid 80’s - which seems about right to me.

Lots of cars out there. Made any offers?
Old 01-23-2019, 06:19 AM
Lew97
8th Gear

Originally Posted by BryanCO

Looks like this one would be mid 80’s - which seems about right to me.

Lots of cars out there. Made any offers?
I re-read my post and realized it was misleading. Sorry. I meant to say that I’ve been looking at various P cars for a few months and have made offers on two 996 turbos and one 997 c4s. In the past 2-3 weeks I’ve become interested in the GT4 (on the advice of my nephew from “The Secret White Porsche Collection”). I made an offer to a N.J. P car dealer but he said he couldn’t accept my offer. My nephew thinks that the P dealers are asking way too much and suggested I try private sellers. Recently I have been in touch with a private seller and we are trying to make a date to connect.
I’ve had various P cars in my younger days but marriage and children changed all that. Now that my youngest is out of college and I figured that I’d rel-live my youth again.
Old 01-23-2019, 08:07 AM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Received 1,639 Likes on 1,122 Posts

Originally Posted by Lew97

I re-read my post and realized it was misleading. Sorry. I meant to say that I’ve been looking at various P cars for a few months and have made offers on two 996 turbos and one 997 c4s. In the past 2-3 weeks I’ve become interested in the GT4 (on the advice of my nephew from “The Secret White Porsche Collection”). I made an offer to a N.J. P car dealer but he said he couldn’t accept my offer. My nephew thinks that the P dealers are asking way too much and suggested I try private sellers. Recently I have been in touch with a private seller and we are trying to make a date to connect.
I’ve had various P cars in my younger days but marriage and children changed all that. Now that my youngest is out of college and I figured that I’d rel-live my youth again.
Today may be your lucky day. This auction ends in 10hrs. Add 5% BaT fee if you win:
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...cayman-gt4-26/

Recent GT4 sales on BaT:
https://bringatrailer.com/search/cayman+gt4/

Good luck!

Quick Reply: Trade-in offer for my GT4: thoughts?