Sponsored by: APR

Need Help. On the fence with GT4 purchase

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2019, 05:35 PM
drwuss
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by iceRN
No buyers remorse yet Doc Ferdinand. I haven't really test drove the car. As of yet. Drove it around the lot.
DrWuss. are all seasons not better? Like Extreme Contacts or Michellin Pilot Sport A/S?

BTW guys. how much did you pay on a brand new GT4? Were there dealer mark ups?

When I got my tires the all season bridgestone were not available. Those may be a good move, especially considering price, but I would prefer dedicated winter tires given the 295 width. The stock tires will be as useful as bull **** until april.

Last edited by drwuss; 01-14-2019 at 05:36 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 01-14-2019, 10:15 PM
jetpep
Advanced

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

I concur with all statements above in the sense that you should not hold off on the purchase in speculation of a new GT4. Life is short, if you have a want for the 981 GT4, get one and enjoy. If you're always waiting for the latest and greatest computer you'll never be posting on this board.

That being said, I've never heard of such a policy where the dealer won't let you take the car home prior to receiving the title. I think on the last 3 consecutive cars I've purchased, each dealer turned me loose on a dealer plate for 2-3 weeks because they did not hold the title at time of sale. Perhaps ask them to let you do this.
Old 01-15-2019, 10:04 AM
benben01
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by MIIC
I concur with all statements above in the sense that you should not hold off on the purchase in speculation of a new GT4. Life is short, if you have a want for the 981 GT4, get one and enjoy. If you're always waiting for the latest and greatest computer you'll never be posting on this board.

That being said, I've never heard of such a policy where the dealer won't let you take the car home prior to receiving the title. I think on the last 3 consecutive cars I've purchased, each dealer turned me loose on a dealer plate for 2-3 weeks because they did not hold the title at time of sale. Perhaps ask them to let you do this.
Or at least have the dealer flat bed the car to your home while they wait for the title to complete the vehicle registration.. The last time a franchise dealer let me take a car home without completing the registration required the favor of a close friend who happened to be the sales manager of said dealership to borrow a dealer plate to drive the car home. If it was me, I would get the car home.. Clean, detail and perform some maintenance (oil change at least) on the GT4..
Old 01-16-2019, 03:57 AM
iceRN
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Update!
Apparently, It is illegal in MA to sell a car without the title at hand. So I took my money and run. The previous dealership that low balled my trade -in called back with matching KBB trade in value. I went there yesterday and looked at the two GT4 cars. White (5 K miles) and Rhodium Silver (1.9 K miles). Both similarly priced at $ 95.8 K. They gave me almost $4 K in discount vs. the $1.9 K that the other dealership offered. General Manager went and talked to me. And we had agreed to have the Wing holder be painted Matte Black (or similar black that is found on GT4) from the body shop. Also the clear bra that was previously installed did not cover the side air intakes, Manager offered to have clear bra applied. On top of that, they gave me a 10 year-70K miles (inc the CPO) warranty extension vs the 7 years-unlimited miles on my GT4. for the same price. Tire and wheel for 7 years. Simoniz was basically a gimme from the dealer. and Lo Jack. I also got to test drive. It is embarrassing to say that I stalled three times. Two in the lot and one on the street. But I slowly but surely regain my Manual legs back.

GM said the previous owner was from a Billionaire who has a GT Touring and GT 4, on top of 50 plus Porsche. He eventually settled with the GT touring as his manual car. Car was never tracked. No scratches or rock chips. Pristine.
Was going to negotiate at 90K but I think overall i got a fair deal.!!
Old 01-16-2019, 07:56 AM
NoGaBiker
Drifting

Received 226 Likes on 123 Posts

Great! Sounds like a decent deal. I assume you took the 1900-mile silver car? Nice to hear the dealer became reasonable this time.
Old 01-16-2019, 03:00 PM
Perimeter
Rennlist Member

Received 328 Likes on 219 Posts

Great insight

The next GT4 will have more of everything !

Originally Posted by Dr. Ferdinand
Unless my barometer is off, I feel I am detecting more buyer's remorse, than conviction. If that is the case, I wouldn't pull the trigger on the car in question if you have reservations.

Also, why limit your search to local cars? There is a plethora of great cars across the country, with CPO and often with known history (heck, mine is for sale by the dealer as a CPO car with me having been sole owner). You will find 'better deals' and certainly specs closer to your desired build.

Right now it is a buyers market for GT cars (even ADM on new GT2/3 RSs has been steadily going down, with several 3RSs sold at MSPR). GT4 is similar, we have seen continued (though slow) softening, winter doesn't help sellers, and in 2 months you will have the Geneva reveal (which may have been to some extent factored in the current pricing). If I were you, with time on my side, and a plethora of cars to chose from, no reason to pull the trigger unless you are absolutely in love with the car you have seen, ticks all your boxes, and you feel is priced right...
Old 01-16-2019, 10:30 PM
milrad
PS Armorer
Rennlist Member

Received 96 Likes on 53 Posts

You won't touch a 718 GT4 anywhere near what you paid. If you love the spec, congratulations and be happy with the great deal you made.

Quick Reply: Need Help. On the fence with GT4 purchase