Sponsored by: APR

It's here! DMS Intake runners...

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2019, 11:05 PM
benben01
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Five12Free

Very true. Just look at OP... he just bought his car around the same time as me. He’s already been through three sets of wheels. Lol.

Great time to be a GT4 owner with all these great mods from Dundon, BGB, Deman, etc. Just shows you how much Porsche held back with his car.

Yes.. 3 sets of wheels and counting If roads are decent, I will be doing a shake down of the runner in 20 degree temps.. Nice artic air will make the runners happy!!!

Last edited by benben01; 01-22-2019 at 09:40 AM.
Old 01-22-2019, 09:41 AM
benben01
Rennlist Member

Quick Update as of 01/21..

Went out for a short drive in 20 degree temps with limited traction.. Initial impressions are very positive. The best way to describe the power add is going from stock catted headers to DMS headers.. Remember that extra kick in the pants from 3k to redline? It's just like that.. For me, I have been approaching this build in increments with IPD and TB first, followed by DMS headers and then GT3 exhaust conversion. With the DMS runners, the incremental difference is definitely noticeable and no mid range dip in the power band before rocketing to redline. Power delivery is smooth and quick.. For the track drivers out their, 2nd gear corner exits will be really appreciated as it pulls hard to north of 7K with no let down.. In the past, pulls toward redline runs out of steam once you go north of 6K.. That's it for now.. Will shake it down some more when it's not so cold outside and the roads are clear of salt and sand..
Old 01-22-2019, 10:04 AM
Five12Free
Rennlist Member

Received 199 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by benben01
Yes.. 3 sets of wheels and counting If roads are decent, I will be doing a shake down of the runner in 20 degree temps.. Nice artic air will make the runners happy!!!
the counting is the scary part...

Went out for a short drive in 20 degree temps with limited traction.. Initial impressions are very positive. The best way to describe the power add is going from stock catted headers to DMS headers.. Remember that extra kick in the pants from 3k to redline? It's just like that.. For me, I have been approaching this build in increments with IPD and TB first, followed by DMS headers and then GT3 exhaust conversion. With the DMS runners, the incremental difference is definitely noticeable and no mid range dip in the power band before rocketing to redline. Power delivery is smooth and quick.. For the track drivers out their, 2nd gear corner exits will be really appreciated as it pulls hard to north of 7K with no let down.. In the past, pulls toward redline runs out of steam once you go north of 6K.. That's it for now.. Will shake it down some more when it's not so cold outside and the roads are clear of salt and sand..
Bad ***, look forward to more insight. Looks like these might be in my future plans as well.
Old 01-22-2019, 10:08 AM
benben01
Rennlist Member

Ok James... How the heck did you squeezed in a brand new CTR into the fleet when you were skittish about getting wheels approved by the wife?
Old 01-22-2019, 10:14 AM
Five12Free
Rennlist Member

Ok James... How the heck did you squeezed in a brand new CTR into the fleet when you were skittish about getting wheels approved by the wife?
lol... I told her I wanted to buy a Civic because I needed a small commuter car with a backseat for baby. When I rolled up in the CTR, she was not amused.
Old 01-22-2019, 10:16 AM
benben01
Rennlist Member

LOL nice!!!! Can't say I didn't pull a trick or two like that in the past. Post some pics and show us some JDM love!
Old 01-22-2019, 10:26 AM
Five12Free
Rennlist Member

LOL nice!!!! Can't say I didn't pull a trick or two like that in the past. Post some pics and show us some JDM love!
From purchase day, 16 years old all over again. My first car was a CRX, and this car gives me that feeling all over again.

Old 01-22-2019, 10:30 AM
benben01
Rennlist Member

From purchase day, 16 years old all over again. My first car was a CRX, and this car gives me that feeling all over again.
Classic Type-R color.. Love it! The good news this time around is that you can forgo the pimples and nervousness around girls :P
Old 01-22-2019, 10:35 AM
Five12Free
Rennlist Member

Classic Type-R color.. Love it! The good news this time around is that you can forgo the pimples and nervousness around girls :P
The styling is a bit much, but it’s hillarious when teenage girls roll up and expect to see something but are greeted by a 41 y/o.
Old 01-22-2019, 11:34 AM
RichFL
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Wait till you're 70 and the same thing happens - lol.
Old 01-22-2019, 03:49 PM
SGOGT4
Rennlist Member

Received 77 Likes on 45 Posts

Oh man... really need to see if I can negotiate myself some free time in the garage this weekend! Understanding our gearing has always been fairly long in these cars I've been convinced that the power drop north of 6k only exacerbates it. The added pull up top should help reduce that period up top of lots of noise but not so much go.
Old 01-22-2019, 03:51 PM
SGOGT4
Rennlist Member

Received 77 Likes on 45 Posts

lol... I told her I wanted to buy a Civic because I needed a small commuter car with a backseat for baby. When I rolled up in the CTR, she was not amused.
Not a huge Civic guy but definitely dig your Raptor! Just picked up a Shadow Black one in November for my daily and was thinking long and hard about going with Leadfoot.
Old 01-22-2019, 04:09 PM
user1029
Rennlist Member

Received 553 Likes on 269 Posts

What I would give to relive my high school days where I was actually one of the cool kids in school
Old 01-22-2019, 04:16 PM
Five12Free
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by SGOGT4
Not a huge Civic guy but definitely dig your Raptor! Just picked up a Shadow Black one in November for my daily and was thinking long and hard about going with Leadfoot.
I used to daily the Raptor before my Civic. It’s the ultimate daily. Go anywhere and do anything. I am not crazy about the way the civic looks but it’s so much fun to drive. It definitely captures the fun of older Hondas.

Old 01-22-2019, 04:28 PM
CarAholic
Rennlist Member

Received 168 Likes on 107 Posts

Sorry if you've posted it before but do you have the tube as well? Results sound very promising.

Quick Reply: It's here! DMS Intake runners...